PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revamping STs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just assuming that the rounds in which they picked represented value, how would you feel about picking P Daniel Sepulveda (Baylor) and LB/LS Zak DeOssie? In my mind, this would solve a number of problems:

(1) Presumably, it would allow the Pats to save a roster spot, if not this year, then next year (Paxton is a UFA after this season).
(2) Sepulveda can hold, so that would, knock on wood, prevent a rotating carousel of holders for Gostkowski.
(3) Sepulveda may actually have a stronger leg than Sauerbrun (Sepulveda's had a couple of 75+ yard punts), and is big enough to tackle (he's got a couple of inches and about 20 pounds on Gostkowski).
(4) It would give the Pats a very young ST unit that could work together on a long-term basis, and get better over time.

Just assuming that the rounds in which they picked represented value, how would you feel about picking P Daniel Sepulveda (Baylor) and LB/LS Zak DeOssie? In my mind, this would solve a number of problems:

(1) Presumably, it would allow the Pats to save a roster spot, if not this year, then next year (Paxton is a UFA after this season).
(2) Sepulveda can hold, so that would, knock on wood, prevent a rotating carousel of holders for Gostkowski.
(3) Sepulveda may actually have a stronger leg than Sauerbrun (Sepulveda's had a couple of 75+ yard punts), and is big enough to tackle (he's got a couple of inches and about 20 pounds on Gostkowski).
(4) It would give the Pats a very young ST unit that could work together on a long-term basis, and get better over time.
LS is a UDFA thing, draft DeOssie if you think he can play LB. The Pats have three Punters signed and will make a decision on matching Saubrun's offer from Denver, the Baylor kid isn't a priority - even as a UDFA.

Cassell did well holding for Gost..Gost went perfect :)

LS is a UDFA thing, draft DeOssie if you think he can play LB. The Pats have three Punters signed and will make a decision on matching Saubrun's offer from Denver, the Baylor kid isn't a priority - even as a UDFA.

I do think DeOssie can play LB, but the fact that he could also do LS, in my mind, makes him an even more tempting target.

Cassell did well holding for Gost..Gost went perfect :)

Well, at least one of those was in spite of Cassel, not because of him (remember the circus kick?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back