Welcome to PatsFans.com

Revamping STs?

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by ctpatsfan77, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,261 / 18 / -8

#3 Jersey

Just assuming that the rounds in which they picked represented value, how would you feel about picking P Daniel Sepulveda (Baylor) and LB/LS Zak DeOssie? In my mind, this would solve a number of problems:

(1) Presumably, it would allow the Pats to save a roster spot, if not this year, then next year (Paxton is a UFA after this season).
    (2) Sepulveda can hold, so that would, knock on wood, prevent a rotating carousel of holders for Gostkowski.
    (3) Sepulveda may actually have a stronger leg than Sauerbrun (Sepulveda's had a couple of 75+ yard punts), and is big enough to tackle (he's got a couple of inches and about 20 pounds on Gostkowski).
    (4) It would give the Pats a very young ST unit that could work together on a long-term basis, and get better over time.

2. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

LS is a UDFA thing, draft DeOssie if you think he can play LB. The Pats have three Punters signed and will make a decision on matching Saubrun's offer from Denver, the Baylor kid isn't a priority - even as a UDFA.

3. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Cassell did well holding for Gost..Gost went perfect :)

4. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,261 / 18 / -8

#3 Jersey

I do think DeOssie can play LB, but the fact that he could also do LS, in my mind, makes him an even more tempting target.

Well, at least one of those was in spite of Cassel, not because of him (remember the circus kick?).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.