PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Retrospective

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I posted here a long post last week that analyzed the Bolts and then a subsequent one that predicted a game plan based on that analysis. I basically said their OLBs were phonies. They ignored the run and the pass over them so as to pad their sack stats. Turns out correct.

On Offense I suggested:

a) pass short over the stupid OLBs, who ignore the pass (77 PR )
b) run up the gut for what you can get, as their ILBs are old and small (4.2 YPC)
c) win the ST battle, Pats are better; Bolts are hype ST pro bowlers
d) throw screens and short outs

On Defense I suggested:

a) shut the run down WITHOUT 8 in the box,
b) LT will get his wide. Don't give him long runs.
(Turns out he got one long Screen & still didn't score on it).
b) ignore Keenan McCardell he is toast
c) cover the WRs single coverage, they can't beat you
d) concentrate on Gates to minimize catches and prevent catch & runs

It turned out that was pretty much the Belichick game plan; everything worked except the screens, but they tried to do that too.

The Bolts turned out to be an over-inflated team that didn't play fundamental football, as their Coaches didn't prevent.... me, Me, MMMEEE!!!!!, football.

Kaeding the "pro bowl" kicker has choked in two playoff games. Their returners were inconsequential.

So much for the tin god SUPER CHARGERS.

I posted here a long post last week that analyzed the Bolts and then a subsequent one that predicted a game plan based on that analysis. I basically said their OLBs were phonies. They ignored the run and the pass over them so as to pad their sack stats. Turns out correct.

On Offense I suggested:

b) run up the gut for what you can get, as their ILBs are old and small (4.2 YPC)

On Defense I suggested:

It turned out that was pretty much the Belichick game plan; everything worked except the screens, but they tried to do that too.

The Bolts turned out to be an over-inflated team that didn't play fundamental football, as their Coaches didn't prevent.... me, Me, MMMEEE!!!!!, football.

Kaeding the "pro bowl" kicker has choked in two playoff games. Their returners were inconsequential.

Kaeding may have choked in the Jets game, but a 54 yard field goal sure aint easy. Not defending him, but I wouldn't have felt comfortable with any kicker in that situation.

In retrospect, you did do a great job, AZP. Sweet when things work out like you thought, huh?

Danke Mein Herr !

On Offense I suggested:

On Defense I suggested:

Thanks for the retrospective. Kinda feels like you are thumping your chest at the 50!:D
So howabout some perspective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back