PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reto Post #2 - "2006 Patriots - Final Thoughts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armen Da Pats Fan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I came across a couple of old posts I had written that I saved in my Palm Pilot for some reason. Kind of funny reading them in hindsight!

ADPF
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006 Patriots - Final Thoughts

The 2006 Pats, what can you say?

They just weren't the better team in the second half in the AFC Championship.

There have been times in our recent history where a 21-6 lead @ halftime was reason to fold the tents and call it a victory, but not with this game.

But, as I sit here reliving the whole thing, how mad can I really be, when as a Pats fan, I am blessed with a team that gives me what this team gives me every season - a chance to be in it and have a real chance to win it!

Losing a classic AFC Championship by 4 points on the last drive of the game is not exactly suffering.

We could be Bills or Dolphins fans, fahchrissakes! Now THAT'S suffering!

Up 21-6 at the half, I thought the Pats were bending the Colts over for an old-fashioned arse-whooping, but the Pats defense just couldn't hold 'em down in the second half - 32 points in two quarters! Wow!

I could recount all the bad plays or the injuries or the calls, but the bottom line is this: we got outplayed when it mattered most.

So what?

We cannot win them all and we've sent lots of teams' fans home feeling like some of us might feel now!

All that said, on their final offensive possession, all the Pats needed were two first downs and they win the game 34-31. But, they couldn't muster them up.

Then, all they needed was the defense to stop the Colts on one drive, starting at the Colts 20 yard line. But, the defense could not hold serve and the Colts marched right down the field for the game winning TD. 80 yards, 7 points. 1:00 left. Ballgame.

(BTW, I must be getting soft in my old age, but I was actually kind of happy for Peyton Manning! He had his head down on the Pats last offensive drive like he was EXPECTING us to score and the roof to cave in! LOL! We've scarred that boy for life! He's like a dog that got beaten as a puppy. Everytime somebody yells "Brady!" he cowers in the corner!)

As far our boys, I look back on a very enjoyable season, but think about some holes we have to fill in the offseason (linebacker, secondary, wide receiver).

For now, though, let's just sit back and raise our glasses to all the fun, surprise, effort, swagger, pride, heartbreak, injury and mess that was the 2006 Patriots.

Rest in peace, lads! In the end, you just didn't have enough, but you gave us all you had!

A sincere thank you!

Pitchers and catchers report in 3 weeks! Go Sox!

ADPF

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=313897#post313897

I came across a couple of old posts I had written that I saved in my Palm Pilot for some reason. Kind of funny reading them in hindsight!

ADPF
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006 Patriots - Final Thoughts

The 2006 Pats, what can you say?

They just weren't the better team in the second half in the AFC Championship.

There have been times in our recent history where a 21-6 lead @ halftime was reason to fold the tents and call it a victory, but not with this game.

But, as I sit here reliving the whole thing, how mad can I really be, when as a Pats fan, I am blessed with a team that gives me what this team gives me every season - a chance to be in it and have a real chance to win it!

Losing a classic AFC Championship by 4 points on the last drive of the game is not exactly suffering.

We could be Bills or Dolphins fans, fahchrissakes! Now THAT'S suffering!

Up 21-6 at the half, I thought the Pats were bending the Colts over for an old-fashioned arse-whooping, but the Pats defense just couldn't hold 'em down in the second half - 32 points in two quarters! Wow!

I could recount all the bad plays or the injuries or the calls, but the bottom line is this: we got outplayed when it mattered most.

So what?

We cannot win them all and we've sent lots of teams' fans home feeling like some of us might feel now!

All that said, on their final offensive possession, all the Pats needed were two first downs and they win the game 34-31. But, they couldn't muster them up.

Then, all they needed was the defense to stop the Colts on one drive, starting at the Colts 20 yard line. But, the defense could not hold serve and the Colts marched right down the field for the game winning TD. 80 yards, 7 points. 1:00 left. Ballgame.

(BTW, I must be getting soft in my old age, but I was actually kind of happy for Peyton Manning! He had his head down on the Pats last offensive drive like he was EXPECTING us to score and the roof to cave in! LOL! We've scarred that boy for life! He's like a dog that got beaten as a puppy. Everytime somebody yells "Brady!" he cowers in the corner!)

As far our boys, I look back on a very enjoyable season, but think about some holes we have to fill in the offseason (linebacker, secondary, wide receiver).

For now, though, let's just sit back and raise our glasses to all the fun, surprise, effort, swagger, pride, heartbreak, injury and mess that was the 2006 Patriots.

Rest in peace, lads! In the end, you just didn't have enough, but you gave us all you had!

A sincere thank you!

Pitchers and catchers report in 3 weeks! Go Sox!

ADPF

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=313897#post313897

That pitchers and catchers line is still annoying.

Don't get me wrong I am as big a sox fan as the next guy but Pitchers and Catchers just doesn't so it for me when we are talking about the end of a football season regardless of the way it ended.

That pitchers and catchers line is still annoying.

Don't get me wrong I am as big a sox fan as the next guy but Pitchers and Catchers just doesn't so it for me when we are talking about the end of a football season regardless of the way it ended.

yeah, I hear ya. To a certain degree turning my attention to pitchers and catchers and baseball just softens the blow and eased my disappointment a little.

Then the Sox went out and won ANOTHER title!

yeah, I hear ya. To a certain degree turning my attention to pitchers and catchers and baseball just softens the blow and eased my disappointment a little.

Then the Sox went out and won ANOTHER title!

Like I said don't get me wrong I love the Sox and with out them the Football offseason would be impossible, its just that line pitchers and catchers in 3 weeks.
Having the Sox distracts me from a long offseason and fills fall days with almost too much to watch but it doesn't cover up the pain that may have occured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back