PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Retirment announcement coming up at presser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right there in the HOF next to Dave Meggett.:bricks:

If he's in the Pats HOF, it takes away from players who deserve to be there.

Are you kidding me??

His contributions were many..........

His work ethic was tremendous.............

He can wear a Mr. Patriot cap with pride.

Thanks Dave for all your hard work and great plays, and good luck in your endeavours. I'll never forget the play were Patten was knocked unconscious on the side line. His upper body was out, his feet were in and the ball was touching his body. He made the first down, we retained possession, and went on to win the game .

Last edited:
Thank You, #86.

david-patten-signed-patriots-super-bowl-8x10_c3c1cf0ba9988c74f880d2c8c80f8f39.jpg

Patten was always one of those guys who got the most out of what he had through hard work and dedication. I am very appreciative of the time he spent on the Patriots and he was a very solid contributor to our SB wins.

Thanks for the catches Dave and for all your efforts on the Pats.

This "we're having a retirement ceremony for somebody" stuff is bullchit. Glad Patten got a nice send out, though. He deserved it and I'd already retired him in my mind anyway.

During all this drama and confusion, they should have retired the jerseys of Antwine and Morris and shoved them in the HOF while no one was looking.:D

Why for 1 & 2?

Why did I find it interesting that he hadn't talked to his family about it and that he refused to talk to Tom before making the decision?

The first should be obvious.

The second, Patten explained that he was sure that Tom would talk him out of retiring.. He said that Tom could be a very persuasive guy when he wanted to.

Anyone else smell one of those retirements that Bill might have nudged along?

Patten was a blue-collar type who brought his work ethic with him and onto the field, one of the many reasons why he was so good here.

I'd like to see him and Troy be available for WR coaching, or any other position, really, because they were both football players first and foremost.

Thank you, David, for many a GREAT memory and my best wishes for your future.

Patten was a blue-collar type who brought his work ethic with him and onto the field, one of the many reasons why he was so good here.

He certainly was. 100 lb. sacks of coffee beans don't lie.:D

THought BB spoke eloquently at the Press conference.

A very nice touch.

Thanks for the memories D-pat loved those clutch grabs! he and troy brown my fav pats receivers prior to getting randy and welker

Dave probably felt the sting with aches and pains on his old body of a hot summer TC session and told BB he couldn't do it anymore

Last edited:
why can't he tell us before free agency started so that the pats could have made backup plans? So that means cunningham or woods get to start. we are so thin at OLB it's not even funny...I say we give Mckenzie a shot at OLB as well.

Burgess didnt stop us from making any moves. In fact we put him off for quite a while decided whether or not to offer him a contract.

I hope he stays in shape and leaves the door open a crack. He can still play in the league and after a few months there will be a place for him somewhere.

One of my favorite Patriots, just a man who beat the odds produced at a high level made more clutch plays then everyone who wasn't named Brown or Faulk.
All the best to him in his post sports career.

Good luck David. Thanks for the amazing memories. Remember when he saved the day by being knocked unconscious?

Incredible press conference -- beautifully chosen and sincere words from BB, dignified ones from Patten.

DP's passion for the game, strong sense of values (I didn't know he was a minister), pride in his achievements and deep affection for the Patriots were all very clear. I'm sure his most recent months on the team weren't wasted on his teammates.

Thank you for everything!

Damn, he was an outside shot to make the roster, and it's probably better for the team that he didn't, but I was rooting for him anyways. One of my favorite Patriots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back