PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

******s on ESPN have never seen rain before

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheenix11

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
WTF, why do these talking head dipshyts get all bent out of shape because its raining in Pitt tonight. Saying its agreat equalizer and how they will run 40 times. Don't these morons remember the Snow Bowl. Some of the worst conditions in NFL history and both QB's flung the ball around like an Arena game.

"******s" and "ESPN" are redundant.

Do you see the field? They have a second layer of new sod on top of it and it's currently swimming in about an inch of rain.

They can barely paint the lines of the field.

...and to top it all off, I watched Rachel Nichols 3 times within 25 mins repeat the same thing over and over on how they re-sod the field...

why did they schedule 2 MNF games in Pitt in 3 weeks??

let's see- bad field- over use- bad weather- underdog team.

Does it bring back memories of the recent past?

WTF, why do these talking head dipshyts get all bent out of shape because its raining in Pitt tonight. Saying its agreat equalizer and how they will run 40 times. Don't these morons remember the Snow Bowl. Some of the worst conditions in NFL history and both QB's flung the ball around like an Arena game.

pouring rain makes it very hard to grip/throw/catch the ball, much harder than snow

I can't believe they're actually going to play a game on this field.:eek:

pouring rain makes it very hard to grip/throw/catch the ball, much harder than snow

You think so? I keep remembering those crazy passes by Brady where one receiver would slip and fall down and out of nowhere Wiggy would catch it. You couldn't even see the yard lines that game, that was insane.

Heinz field is a dump, why don't they go with the field turf like the Pats? They have that stuff down at Tropicana Field here in Tampa and its pretty cool for turf.

You think so? I keep remembering those crazy passes by Brady where one receiver would slip and fall down and out of nowhere Wiggy would catch it. You couldn't even see the yard lines that game, that was insane.

Heinz field is a dump, why don't they go with the field turf like the Pats? They have that stuff down at Tropicana Field here in Tampa and its pretty cool for turf.

Brady did throw a ton that game, and was pretty successful. the wr's seemed to do ok. my guess is that -if they play in a downpour tonight - it will be a very ugly offensive game, much uglier than snow bowl

This could end up being a wild game, like when you were a kid and came home looking like a mud pie.

LIke it was meant to be played. Games are too clean these days. I'm looking forward to a dirty game.

This could end up being a wild game, like when you were a kid and came home looking like a mud pie.

if someone doesn't blow a knee out on a seam or divot. this field is a disgrace.

Too bad the Colts beat the Chiefs.... Otherwise Polian would be *****ing about field conditions as we speak!

Is it just me or does it look like they are playing on a soccer field. No lines, LOL

Actually I bet the Fins are having flashbacks to that travesty in London.

They are probably like WTF, we have a nice field and we share it with a baseball team, why can't these other teams get their shyt together.

For the most part, rain is a much more difficult condition to play in than snow. In the Snow Bowl, there was so much snow on the ground that it was a bit different, but the game also slows down a bit in the snow on both sides of the ball. There, the advantage goes to the quarterback, who (if good) can pick apart defenses like in a schoolyard.

Brady did throw a ton that game, and was pretty successful. the wr's seemed to do ok. my guess is that -if they play in a downpour tonight - it will be a very ugly offensive game, much uglier than snow bowl

bump :)

though with the rain slowing down now, things may pick up

Just last week I believe it was on 'EEI BB stated that rain/snow actually benefits the passing game. Receivers obviously know the routes they'll run and for a DB to make the cuts and cover in that junk is nearly impossible. BB went on to say the condition that truly wreaks havoc on the passing game is wind, not rain or snow. FWIW.

Just last week I believe it was on 'EEI BB stated that rain/snow actually benefits the passing game. Receivers obviously know the routes they'll run and for a DB to make the cuts and cover in that junk is nearly impossible. BB went on to say the condition that truly wreaks havoc on the passing game is wind, not rain or snow. FWIW.

he also said that ball handling can be very difficult in bad weather, and this is MUCH more true in rain as compared to snow

I will be curious to see if the NFL makes the Steelers do something about their field as they did with the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots