PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Resting" players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartwright

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
As teams begin to lock in their playoff seed...all teams will manage their rosters. Resting those who are dinged, giving those who were dinged some PT, and limiting the most valuable pieces. Dungy and Rodney and many here are right....the beating of a 17 week season takes its toll on a smaller team like the Colts. Guys like Freeney and Mathis are already nicked. So is the LT (Johnson) and Diem. Addai as well. So, my guess is these guys are limited in the next few weeks. All we need to know is will Manning play, and for how long? Was hoping they would bring in Garcia...he's the type of veteran that just might be able to get you a couple victories at the end of the season.

In the end....the Colts won't sit 22 starters...mathmatically close to impossible. I think they want to win, and will go into the NEXT game with the goal of winning a high priority. Week 16 will be evaluated after week 15.

Remember Andy Reid rested his entire team in the 2004 regular season finale against the Bengals(and did so throughout most of the Rams game the week before) - the Eagles came out sharp in the postseason and won both of their NFC playoff games by double digits.

I don't buy this whole resting players/not resting players at all - IMHO, there's just no dominant team that separates itself from the rest of the league anymore. The playing field seems to be evened out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes