PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Respect to Boston and the Patriot Franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you've gone too far. He's got to find some release, to the detriment of his poor hand and his Daddy's private Saturday night peep show.

I don't think any ten or so forum posts in a row have ever made me laugh so hard.:)

I've never had a desire to go to boston. In fact I feel like the red sox are asses. I say this because I am also a Padres fan and i assume most of you know what I am talking about. If you don't then comments by johnny Damon saying does anyone know who plays for San Diego anyways, along with comments by doug mirabelli and Tim Wakefield against are city that made the red sox issue a full page apology in the San Diego Union Tribune have left a bad taste in my mouth. Along with Tom Brady not shaking drew brees hand last year and spouting off comments like a crybaby and sore loser at the end of our game last year. Combine this with the fact Boston has a bad history with Rascism. Barry Bonds said he would never play there because of it. And the Red Sox were the last team to get a black player. Now I'm sure Boston is Rich in tradition but I personally have alot of reasons NOT to go there or give the city praise. FYI this isn't the end of my list if you want more I could give it to you. Oh and with all this said I do give props to the pats for winning 3 of 4 bowls.

You are clearly drunk. Boston is one of the most amazing cities in this nation. It is so rich in history, and truly a very diverse place. I only wish I could live in such a rich culture , but SD sure does come close in different ways (though I'm currently up the coast a bit in the LBC). We have way less history, way less brick, and way less of working public tranport (but thats kind of how the west coast rolls).

Edit: I thought I found a thread that wasn't ruined yet where I could share my love for your city, oh well...

Last edited:
I've never had a desire to go to boston. In fact I feel like the red sox are asses. I say this because I am also a Padres fan and i assume most of you know what I am talking about. If you don't then comments by johnny Damon saying does anyone know who plays for San Diego anyways, along with comments by doug mirabelli and Tim Wakefield against are city that made the red sox issue a full page apology in the San Diego Union Tribune have left a bad taste in my mouth. Along with Tom Brady not shaking drew brees hand last year and spouting off comments like a crybaby and sore loser at the end of our game last year. Combine this with the fact Boston has a bad history with Rascism. Barry Bonds said he would never play there because of it. And the Red Sox were the last team to get a black player. Now I'm sure Boston is Rich in tradition but I personally have alot of reasons NOT to go there or give the city praise. FYI this isn't the end of my list if you want more I could give it to you. Oh and with all this said I do give props to the pats for winning 3 of 4 bowls.
Dude you just discredited everything you said by using a Barry Bonds statement to back up your own.

I'd like some evidence of how Boston is so racist NOW. Time's change, get out of the past and try joining us in the present.

Blah blah blah... whatever. Hell, it was against the law for me to be within the city limits of Boston for most of my life (American Indian... it was the law) but I didn't let THAT stop me from going there and enjoying all the city had to offer...

Now, I live on the Left Coast, but I gotta tell ya - it's whiners like you that make it almost unpleasant... all that sun, beautiful beaches, and piss-poor attitudes. Must suck to go through life all wrapped up in sack cloth and ashes pretending to be a martyr... Yawn.

(If my Seahawks-owning boss finds out I'm posting on a Pats board, I am so screwed heh heh heh)

Blah blah blah... whatever. Hell, it was against the law for me to be within the city limits of Boston for most of my life (American Indian... it was the law) but I didn't let THAT stop me from going there and enjoying all the city had to offer...

Technically, if you brought along two musketeers, you're fine. If you didn't, well, someone did a favor by not shooting you on sight, which is the letter of the law. :p

Last edited:
Technically, if you brought along two musketeers, you're fine. If you didn't, well, someone did a favor by not shooting you on sight, which is the letter of the law. :p

:rocker: Heh heh heh.

Ugh...the race issue.

Let me first say that I've lived in the Boston area my entire life and I've seen racism exist, though I imagine nowadays it's no worse than it is in other major cities across the country. As far as the white/black racism in Boston goes, it's a two-way street, and I've experienced it for myself.

I'm a light-skinned Puerto Rican who has befriended many African-Americans in my lifetime. I've seen my black friends racially profiled, and I've seen myself racially profiled by blacks. Would really like to hear if someone has a different story here, but at Jillian's, I've twiced gone there with black friends and in both instances they've been asked to remove their hat. I once had to complain to the manager about it because I had seen white people with hats on that weren't asked to have their removed even though they were in plain sight near where myself and my friend was. But now on the other side, there are these black panhandlers in the area that have this thing about "donating to fight racism" or something like that. In my observations, and I've seen these panhandlers plenty of times taking the T, I've never seen them ask a black person for a donation, only white people (or light-skinned, such as myself). I find that as racial profiling, putting that person on the spot as if to prove that they're not racist. It disgusts me greatly, and it disgusts me in
all its forms.

With all that said, I'll reiterate, I sincerely doubt this stuff only happens in Boston. Plus it's gradually become a more diverse town ethnicity-wise. Boston is still a great place to visit and live, no matter who you are.

Personally it doesn't bother me if Colts fans want to come in and provide some good football facts about why they are so confident. We have reasons why we are confident of a win as well.

Ruling out the possibility of a loss is just stupid on everyone's part.

Personally it doesn't bother me if Colts fans want to come in and provide some good football facts about why they are so confident. We have reasons why we are confident of a win as well.

Ruling out the possibility of a loss is just stupid on everyone's part.

Hey, Joe! The Colts are next week's opponent. We play SD first!

i assume most of you know what I am talking about. If you don't then comments by johnny Damon saying does anyone know who plays for San Diego anyways, along with comments by doug mirabelli and Tim Wakefield against are city that made the red sox issue a full page apology in the San Diego Union Tribune have left a bad taste in my mouth. .

San Diego has a baseball team? What are they called?

Last edited:
I thought everyone in SD with an internet connection was an idiot, so thanks to the thread starter for coming here to dispel that. It's unfortunate that the trolls have attemoted to take over this thread as well. Welcome to the board lander. Hope you stick around to chat with us even after this weekend's game.

Last edited:
I thought everyone in SD with an internet connection was an idiot, so thanks to the thread starter for coming here to dispel that. It's unfortunate that the trolls have attemoted to take over this thread as well. Welcome to the board lander. Hope you stick around to chat with us even after this weekend's game.

I'll be back on Monday regardless of the outcome.

Meet the new Governor:
1143628521_9505.jpg

LOL, I was waiting for that. This guy rags on the fact that Boston has had Irish and Italian mayors for years (what a surprise, in a city that's largely Irish and Italian!!) but the state as a whole voted overwhelmingly for an African-American. Why, is that because there are so many blacks outside of Boston? Yeah, right.

sounds good I have heard many a person tell stories of how it is at fenway. Including seeing not your best representation in women screaming at a padres game. It truly creates a home field advantage in baseball something that is rare. I know the yankees don't really have it as much as their fans talk and say oh were the best yankee stadium isn't all that hardcore. In fact I'd say San Diego when Barry Bonds is in town is much much worse than the typical yankee game. Considering we threw syringes at him...among other things lol.

Yankee stadium isn't hard core?

Son, why are you making blanket statements when you really don't know what in the world you are talking about.

This is what's wrong with the world today. people have opinions, are only too glad to express those opinions, without having any basis for those opinions at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back