PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Respect for Givens

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffd

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I will certainly continue watching and rooting for him. He is all that is right with athletes. He came from college program that didn't show off his abilities and entered the NFL in the 7th round. From there he is nearly cut only makes the team because his work ethic and special teams play impressed the coaches. He then goes on to become the #2 WR of the Pats dynasty and the new "Troy Brown, if you need a first down throw it to me" kind of guy. He went from a 7th round, "why not" to one of the most sought after WR's this offseason and collected a big payday. I know I'll never forget that little punk, Ricky Manning, attempt to bump Givens at the line and Givens made Manning his ***** and just tossed him aside. And who will forget that Givens screen pass Brady threw at least ten times a games where Givens would simply catch the ball and push the DB back for a 3-4 yard gain. Anyway, even as a Titan he's still one of my favorite players.

When you leave you become the enemy - any success Givens has will directly or indirectly make the Pat's march to the SB that much harder, so he's off the list. I don't begrudge him taking the money but it was his choice to leave and so now he's part of 'them' not 'us.'

He made the most out of what was a rough start coming out of college. It just goes to show that hard work, dedication and passion are rewarded in the long run. Good for him.

Who is this Givens and why do we keep talking about him ? Screw him. He took the money and ran. Not saying I wouldn't do the same thing but he's dead to me.

Yes, I agree.

Givens WAS a good Patriot.

Now, he's an opponent who is also in the same conference. I'll root for him to do well when his team is playing against a contender or after they are eliminated from playoff contention. Other than that, he's the enemy.

well

He was a good player who made the most out of what he had. He got his deal, so congrats and thanks for the memories---but you are the enemy now!

I will root against his team but I do not find it necessary to hate someone just because he left in free agency. I liked Givens before and I continue to like him now, as a player and as a person.

I also liked DG till I read this.....

Patriots | Givens felt overlooked in New England
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 06:46:04 -0800

Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports former New England Patriots WR David Givens, now with the Tennessee Titans, felt he was an important cog in the team's offense yet often overlooked. Patriots LB Mike Vrabel got as much notice in the Patriots' postseason media guide for his three touchdown receptions as Givens did for his 59 receptions for the 2005 season, a career best.

I mean come on this is supposd to be a team sport. Shows to me that he wasn't really a team player! Who cares about what is said in the Media Guide about yourself. And yes I think Vrabel's accomplisments are much bigger than DG's he's a friggin LB!!!!

Vrabel to me should have been the MVP of all three SB's!

Forced INT in NO vs Rams
TD and Sack in HOU vs CAR
TD and Sack and constant pressure in JAX vs PHI

jgb95 said:
I mean come on this is supposd to be a team sport. Shows to me that he wasn't really a team player! Who cares about what is said in the Media Guide about yourself.
Not wanting to pile on but I thought his comment about "wanting to compete to be the #1 guy in Tenessee" was a little weird. It sounded kind of unteamly to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes