PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Resigning Branch Will Improve team Dramatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
When this all comes to a head and Deion resigns, this will be the BEST possible outcome for the patriots.
Short of receiving 2 first round picks.....nothing that comes back in a trade will make up for his presence on the field.

It is true that he does not command double teams, but he is a solid WR weapon thta in combo with the TE's and the running game will make this a potent offense.

The Patriots can not set a bad precedent by promising not to franchise.
Hopefull Deion will realize that the Patriots offer will still have him set for life.

Any other outcome than Deion coming back ASAP will NOT be good for this team.

Any posters who state otherwise are in major league denial

Yes, asking for two firsts is a sure sign that this organization fears a hold out of the best second tier WR in the league. :rolleyes:

marcus said:
When this all comes to a head and Deion resigns, this will be the BEST possible outcome for the patriots.
Short of receiving 2 first round picks.....nothing that comes back in a trade will make up for his presence on the field.

It is true that he does not command double teams, but he is a solid WR weapon thta in combo with the TE's and the running game will make this a potent offense.

The Patriots can not set a bad precedent by promising not to franchise.
Hopefull Deion will realize that the Patriots offer will still have him set for life.

Any other outcome than Deion coming back ASAP will NOT be good for this team.

Any posters who state otherwise are in major league denial

Just because you want it to happen doesn't mean it will. I really want him in camp, and most of what you've said is true, and that's what makes it so sad.

FYI, there is a big difference between resigning and re-signing.

So if I put a sign on a wall and someone takes it down, and then I put it back up, did I re-sign the wall or resign the wall?

Joker said:
So if I put a sign on a wall and someone takes it down, and then I put it back up, did I re-sign the wall or resign the wall?

LOL. I'm not sure but I know you annoyed the heck out of the guy who took the sign down. :D

All_Around_Brown said:
Yes, asking for two firsts is a sure sign that this organization fears a hold out of the best second tier WR in the league. :rolleyes:

Not sure I believe they were ever asking for 2 firsts.

1 possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back