Welcome to PatsFans.com

Rescue dogs of 9/11: The drama's unsung heroes

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Sep 4, 2011.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

13, this thread will die out, most liberals don't like talking about 9/11, we all know why (methodists or mormans didn't do it)

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

They love to talk about that Ground Zero Mosque though..........:singing:
  3. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -1

Way to crap on another non-partisan thread with your mindless partisanship and bigotry, harry.
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

SIT, good boy, STAY good boy, GO GET THE BALL, good boy.

When I was a lad and old shep was a pup
    O're the hills and the meadows we'd stray
    Just a boy and his dog we were both full of fun
    We grew up together that way.

GOD BLESS ALL DOGS
    GOD BLESS THE 9/11 DOGS
    REMEMBER 9/11 NEVER FORGET IT
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

This thread would have gone into obscurity liberals want us to forget 9/11 especially photos they go insane when the picture of "the falling man" is shown.

9/11/2011 is coming up fast, bad day for moonbats, they should go camping.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  6. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -1

Like I said...
  7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Well I'm here to sing of their praise. They are the best creatures on the planet in my book.
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Yeah you are right, funny to think 9-11 was almost a lifetime ago for these dogs. Looks like the dog in the pic has been well treated and led a good life.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

Man hasn't even scratched the surface on knowing and understanding the inteligence of "the dog"

My last dog was a Springer Spaniel I had him for 14 years and I swear to god that dog could read minds and understand the english language.

Old Shep is gone where the good doggies go
    No More with Old Shep will I roam
    If there is a heaven for doggies I know
    Old Shep has a wonderful home

RIP DOGS
  10. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

There is nothing like a golden retriever. Great personality and as low key as they come....
    As for 9/11, it's been said that man and dog,
    " saw things that no man should ever have to see,
    and did things that no man should ever have to do."
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  11. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

We should do a post on personal dog stories. I've got 3 or 4 pretty good ones. Of course, I am considered liberal, so they may be moonbatty.
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

My kids grew up with a Goldie and an Collie Goldie mix, great dogs with kids, they live to be ~15, my wife still has their pics up on the fridge. Taking them to the vet to be euthanized when they became too ill was the worst thing I have ever had to do.

I had a dog whop was a German Shepard Malamute mix when I was first married, we lived in a small duplex on a main road. The dog could be the friendliest animal I've ever seen with some people, then with other people he would be ready to attack them on sight. The guy who lived in the other apt thought he was a beautiful dog (he was) and would try to pet him, the dog would have none of it. One day I cam home and caught the guy stealing our stereo.

The dog knew what the guy was all about.......Dogs can 'see things in body language and probably smell we can't imagine.
  13. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

We grew up with a Collie. Lassie had nothing on this dog. My sister was prob. 2 or 3 years old, wandered off. We looked everywhere for her. Then, my parents headed down to the corner gas station which bordered a busy street. They looked to the right, and the dog had my sister pinned against a car so she couldn't go anywhere.
    The dog was way protective. Parents went out and told the babysitter if we got out of hand to just whack us with the hairbrush. For some reason, the sitter wound up to smack me, and my dog bit her in the ass. God, I loved that dog.
    Got more dog stories, but will wait.
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

We favor pound puppies, our latest "Tedy B." does not know he is a dog.. if you ever run into us, please do not tell him.

If you break into my house, he will woof and then lick you to death as he believes that you will be bringing him some treats.

If you visit, he will sit by your side and probably lick your hands, as he has learned(by those damned grandchildren) that sometimes stuff falls off of the plate miraculously.

If you meet him, he will believe that you are one of the greatest people on earth.. you learn all types of things i.e. the difference between a left-right tail wag and circle tail wag.

Dogs are incredible creatures, just don't tell them they are dogs..
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

Harry Likes This.

Dogs aren't liberal---------:D
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My large mutt and the one before him were like that. They both hated teenagers with hoods on. Hats were OK. They both absolutely hated anyone in a uniform- they got that anti-authority thing from me, I think. Glad I didn't have them when I was in the AF.

The best part was how the new guy loves all my friends except one. This guy was a friend of mine for 30 years. My dog would not let him in the house and it was pretty embarrassing. The guy used to give me a hard time about it in front of everyone. Of course everyone would always stick up for the dog and some would even make cracks about this guy haviong something wrong with him. He's now doing 15 years for child abuse and putting his son in the hospital with internal injuries 2 years ago. POS is a dead man if he gets out of jail alive. His brother in-law is a true bad-azz biker from hell and isn't very happy about the situation and his father in-law "knows people".

Good dog.
  17. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I found one of those. We lived in an area where people "dropped" off their dogs. One day, a Siberian Husky limped into my back yard. I fed him and thought he might be a good companion for my Chocolate Lab. My lab was a pup and the Husky wanted nothing to do with him. So I advertised in the paper "to a good home". Meanwhile, that dog would not leave my side, and wicked smart. So, this guy shows up in a van, and the dog bolts down the street. Says he'll mate it. I said that would be a problem as it's neutered. Says he still wants it, leaves. Dog comes back to me. I deducted the guy was no good (prob. sells dogs for experiments). Next, a young couple come and the dog jumps right into their car. Great dog!
  18. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

That Chocolate Lab prob. a year later, same house. I hadn't finished fencing the yard, so the dog barks to go out around 2:AM. I take him out, walks down the street, turns toward the woods and sits down. You ass, I'm pissed and take the dog back to the house and get in bed. The dog barks. I shout, SHUT UP! The dog obeys. Next day, my wife tries to go to work, but our truck is stolen..................I learned my dogs different barks after that. Had to put him down last January, 15 years old. Great Dog.
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

20. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -1

Or cats and squirrels, in the case of mine :)

I have pit bulls. Their rep is great for security -- few people will choose to come into a house where they see them through the window, and even better.

But anybody who knows them is aware that anybody who did break in would be greeted by licking and crazily wagging tails once they were in the door.