Welcome to PatsFans.com

Repulsive Progressive Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Feb 9, 2012.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Repulsive progressive hypocrisy - Salon.com

Yeah like some us here say all the time ... Americans are way to used to this stuff and it enables the use of it in the future. We have a responsibility to voice our opposition to it all because if we don't we are just as guilty as the politicians who decide to use force. We continue to read how bad Russia and China are .... do they have military in all these countries and do they have drones flying missions all over the world???

It's about time Americans realize that we are not the good guy
    ... not the bad guy but definitely not the good guy either.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Yup.................

Where did all the phony Bush War Protesters go

If America re-elects Jug Ears America gets what it deserves.

Oh God he has such a beautiful smile.
    My legs tingle when I hear his voice.
    I dreamed I showered with him.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

The whole premise about Guantanamo is a tad disengenuous, as when he took office he signed an executive order closing Guantanamo.. but he was overriden by Congress...

It makes little sense to pay $800,000 per year to detain these dudes on an island prison, which are notoriously expensive.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Anyone know where those same people's poll numbers were prior to Obama taking office? I'm going to venture to guess that they weren't anywhere near 53% for liberals, or 67% for m/c democrats. That just goes to show you how FOS a lot of people are. So long as it's their "joe" in charge...
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Which ties into the general hypocricy of America and has little to do with any hypocricy specific to Progressives. We're a nation of hypocritical Imperialists. We are as much the bad guy as we are the good guy. It's nothing new, either. We've been doing it since the beginning with westward expansion, the taking of Mexican territory, The Spanish island colonies from the Span-Amer War, etc. It continues with global military intervention on behalf of our corporations. Our culture is supplanting local cultures everywhere via radio, TV and the Internet. We demand "democratic" behavior of every country yet support proxy dictatorships that provide for our interests.

At the same time, we've saved Europe from fascism, achieved major medical breakthroughs, landed on the moon, invented Jazz and Rock, ...lots of great things. One has to wonder why so many people had to die and suffer for all the gains and could we have done it better. That's the big thing moving ahead, isn't it? That's what "progressives" have to focus on- both conservatives and liberals.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Interesting story this AM, more republicans than expected are leaning towards Obama.. this primary battle has turned a lot of people off.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Every 8 months we agree on something.
  8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

For me it's actually (except for Gingrich) more to do with the party than the person running. I absolutely do not trust them nor do I want them to hold the Presidency and Congress at the same time. I don't trust it all democrat either for that matter but that's a different discussion.

Is there any unifying message (platform) coming from the GOP candidates?

I'd rather have an Obama that is better prepared to do his job. Smarten up for 2016 GOP and I will take a look then vs what the democrats will offer.