Welcome to PatsFans.com

Repulicans - They Don't Know About the "WOW" Factor.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Oct 31, 2011.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +888 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

I found this read amusing ... writer hits a few good points about the republicans and how they seem to settle on a candidate ... settle is not a great thing.

For Republicans, Mitt is a marriage of convenience | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner
    Author hits on many good points but he forgets one point. There are more than a few decent republicans out there - they seem to not want the job - I think they are making the right choice on that until the GOP gets a real leader to lead their party. How many people even know who Reince Priebus is?
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

There is a war going on between the pub establishment and the Tea Party. Romney won't be the nominee. The Tea Party hates him both for policy and for the way his operatives working for McCain trashed Palin.....

The Cain smear is coming either from the Romney or Perry camp/ I am guessing Perry at this point.
  3. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL.... This president is so beatable due to the times that are a' contractin', and yet the cons simply can't produce a viable candidate who has a chance.

Pathetic, and goes a long way towards confirming that conservative "politics" is just not viable to modern society that no longer has "plenty."
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

The basic question is who do they have who would, "wow" people...

There is not a lot of politicians with this characteristic on either side of the aisle..

Huntsman has been hinted at, but he is viewed as a RINO... and now there is a suggestion that he cannot speak mandarin..
  5. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

...Ron Paul is the answer...
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

I said, "WOW!!" when I watched the video of Rick Perry in New Hampshire....I said, "WOW!!" when Herman Cain changed his story for the third time in 24 hours yesterday. I said, "WOW!!" when Michelle Bachmann declared that it wouldn't take a constitutional amendment to deny citizenship to babies born on US soil - that it could be done "legislatively."

Does that count?
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

So who do you think will be? Herman Cain? Rick Perry? Michelle Bachmann?

How is it a "smear" if it's true?
  8. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

The issue with the GOP and to a certain extent the Democratic party as well (but Ill stick to pointing this out for only the GOP as it is the topic at hand) is that what currently represents the "GOP" is in many cases the ultra right side of the spectrum. The big names nowadays are more focused on the religious right, the Neocons and their need to push their brand of American around the world.

I am open to some views typically associated with "GOP/Conservatives"; mostly fiscal policies. But the squeaky wheels which run the GOP currently don't have those views. I like many of Ron Paul's principles, but I wouldn't say he is a Republican in the modern sense of the word. Republicans have seemingly become cut taxes and spend like crazy, spread America around the world through war, bailout failed businesses and talk about small gov, yet get involved with a woman's right to choose and denying rights to gay couples because the Bible says so.

Having said all that, it really is impossible to get a leader with a wow factor because at the end of the day, they have to placate to the religious base, which turns many "independents" off.

Just my humble opinion.
  9. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -2

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Agree completely, they started with the ultra religious pledge in Iowa.. and it continues. Not sure why the continue to pander to a small faction of the Republican Part, even they are the most vocal..

The reality is that most folks are more towards the middle, than towards the extreme.. what is happening in Mississippi and other states is concerning and nothing more than an adaption of theocratic views...
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 5 / -2

The "wow" factor is nice, but actual performance is much more important. Just look at where the last "wow" factor guy has brought us.
  12. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +888 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

:nono:..........:nooo:..........:nono:
  13. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +888 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

:yeahthat:..........:agree:..........:yeahthat:
  14. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +888 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

That faction of the GOP needs to realize the separation that is supposed to exist between church and state ... i don't think they ever will acknowledge it and as long as they have some power the GOP will be fragmented. I am not anti-religion but I certainly am not pro religion in my government. I think even God were he to exist would realize that and not be upset. Were it not for stable government there would be more violence and killing - we see this every day in uncivilized countries with unstable governments.

Kind of odd really I grew up believing that was what the democrat party was - it's reversed now. Not to say the democrats are solid but they are separated by issues not related to religion at least.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Domininism... scary thought.