Welcome to PatsFans.com

Republicans skip Benghazi Hearing, complain about lack of info on Benghazi

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Nov 15, 2012.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 26 / -33

McCain complains.. what a tool, a walking advertisement for term limits.. he should go back to Arizona and watch his border.. senility seems to be setting in.

Yesterday he criticized Susan Rice for being dumb...

Republicans skip Benghazi hearing; complain about lack of information on Benghazi | The Cable

[​IMG]

2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +773 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

What a tool.

3. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +455 / 64 / -35

#32 Jersey

At least hes not a Coward.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,115 / 3 / -10

Our Hero
    Barack Hussein Obama, alias "Jug Ears"
    He has wiped out terrorism, he has defeated "The Muslim Bombers" he should recieve another Nobel Peace Prize, Praise God.

OK everybody, we can stop all of the Unconstitutional scanning at the airports the Terrorists are all dead, Barack killed them, take the family to Palestine for a vacation, happy days are here again, hug a Muslim.

God Damn That dirty little video it made those poor Muslims so mad, please forgive us we love you Mohammad, Hillary loves you, I love you, Praise Allah, God Is Great, f---ing video.

:bricks:
    dirty americans

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

How do you know that? Because of that witch he's married to or how he stood up to his idiot campaign people who told him to pick Palin?

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, because the guy served his country in the most honorable fashion imaginable and had to endure the hardest treatment imaginable.

:mad: The fact that you even ask that question speaks volumes about you. I guess Veteran's Day is over. :mad:

7. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +455 / 64 / -35

#32 Jersey

A couple of things:

1. Nobody was beating Obama because of Bush. Obama voters are still blaming Bush 4 years later.

2. You must have missed McCains military career.

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +813 / 26 / -33

No matter what you say he is an example of the need for term limits, being a war hero is nice.. but it would be better if knew it was time to get out and let a "fresh" mind take his place..

Being a war hero does not excuse outright stupidity..

9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm all for term limits 100%. But why do I get the feeling that your support of term limits is contingent upon the party affiliation of the individual being discussed?

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +813 / 26 / -33

Support them universally, particularly for the confused congressmen and women....

11. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -3

#11 Jersey

A lot of liberals have a weird view on reality. Look at how they went after some candidates for adultery and yet gave Clinton a pass saying that his sex life was his own business. Let's not even bother mentioning his lying under oath (a federal crime) and his looking into the TV camera and saying "I did not have sex..."

Or, lets look at how they went after Romney for being in France for a war, but had no problems with Clinton being in Canada (one of the two did it legally).

It goes on and on. Both sides do it, but the left seems to think they don't for some reason.

12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 22 / -19

What a train wreck the Republican Party is now that their delusions have been exposed. They are reduced to pettiness and childishness. Romney's "gift" comments yesterday, McCain's petulance today, and those two were the standard bearers of the Republican Party. My guess is that the Republicans, knowing they have no answers, will continue with petty attacks and hope one of them takes hold.

Look at what a fool McCain is:

McCain skips Benghazi briefing, gets testy when questioned by CNN – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

(CNN) - Most of the Republican members of a Senate committee investigating the terrorist attack at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, skipped a classified briefing by administration officials on the incident Wednesday, CNN has learned.

The missing lawmakers included Sen. John McCain of Arizona, who at the time of the top-secret briefing held a press conference in the Capitol to call for the creation of a Watergate-type special Congressional committee to investigate how and why the attack took place.

When CNN approached McCain in a Capitol hallway Thursday morning, the senator refused to comment about why he missed the briefing, which was conducted by top diplomatic, military and counter-terrorism officials. Instead, McCain got testy when pressed to say why he wasn't there.

"I have no comment about my schedule and I'm not going to comment on how I spend my time to the media," McCain said.

Asked why he wouldn't comment, McCain grew agitated: "Because I have the right as a senator to have no comment and who the hell are you to tell me I can or not?”

13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,972 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

He's the rights version of Harry Reid ... been on the job too long.

14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 22 / -19

Nah, I sort of think of Reid as the Democrats version of Tom Delay, a below the belt dirty player. (I always rather liked DeLay, just wished he was a Democrat.) McCain's just a bit befuddled, and I don't think it's age.

15. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +103 / 2 / -3

#11 Jersey

John Kerry served his country.

McCain is 76 years old. I don't want him driving a car let alone making policy in 2012.

16. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -3

#11 Jersey

That train wreck put up a very, very undesirable, outright bad candidate for President and almost won. What does that say about the democratic party?

17. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,972 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I think for some of these people Patters they have been complaining for so long it becomes part of what they are. When their party needs media attention they serve the purpose of the sound bite. Other than that ... they exist to wait for the next thing to complain about. John McCain could not even be a Walmart greeter he is so miserable.

Also ... this is why he lost to Obama - other than being anti this and anti that he has no game. all due respect for John McCain the man and the war hero but John McCain the politician is like a way past due book at a library ... just gathering dust.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  18. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The definition of what is "the most honorable fashion imaginable" and my character will not be made by you. You know nothing.

And responding to the bolded- that's what I was talking about when I referenced his wife.

Yeah, McCain was a war hero and did heroic things while in captivity, but that was then. Heroes may be given heroic status, but when they fail to live up to the accolades, they are no longer heroes, IMO. Really heroic people live heroic lives. They have values and stamina that allow them to maintain their "heroic" status. Getting a medal and doing heroic things when you're in your 20's mean nothing if, when you get older, you act like an ass. The remainder of his life was less than heroic and splattered with a-holeism and selfishness.

Edit::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know you have no class in describing a guy who has given more for his country than you will ever know.

Like I said before, I guess Veteran's Day is over. I'm just glad I'm one of those people that honors veterans every day, not just on the fashionable ones.

20. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What an azzhole!

THis from CNN:

McCain, who has accused President Barack Obama of not telling the truth about the Benghazi attack, said that even though there are several committees involved in the probe, only a select committee could streamline the information flow and resolve the "many unanswered questions" about the tragedy.

When CNN approached McCain in a Capitol hallway Thursday morning, the senator refused to comment about why he missed the briefing, which was conducted by top diplomatic, military and counter-terrorism officials. Instead, McCain got testy when pressed to say why he wasn't there.

"I have no comment about my schedule and I'm not going to comment on how I spend my time to the media," McCain said.

Asked why he wouldn't comment, McCain grew agitated: "Because I have the right as a senator to have no comment and who the hell are you to tell me I can or not?”

When CNN noted that McCain had missed a key meeting on a subject the senator has been intensely upset about, McCain said, "I'm upset that you keep badgering me."

While McCain refused to shed light on why he didn't show, his spokesman Brian Rogers emailed CNN a short time later with an explanation. He blamed it on a "scheduling error" but wouldn't provide any more detail.

McCain skips Benghazi briefing, gets testy when questioned by CNN – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs