Welcome to PatsFans.com

Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin wants 'stork theory' taught in medical school

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Aug 31, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin wants creationism taught in science classes.

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/08/mccains-vp-want.html?tytr

What is stork theory:

WTF ! HAHAHAHAHA America and the separation of church and state.

Hahahahahaha Taliban Lol Victory !

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +606 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

Does this quote sound like that of a lunatic :

"Teach both. You know, don't be afraid of education. Healthy debate is so important, and it's so valuable in our schools. I am a proponent of teaching both."

I'm not religious but the universe "just existing" is as far fetched as God to me. WE DON'T KNOW. There's nothing wrong with presenting both sides. Certainly better than teaching MMGW in schools :rolleyes:

3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +108 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Another lie in your post title, but that is par for the course with you.

Here is what she said.

Sure is different from the bullshit you posted.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

Who do you think in the very beginning created "The Female Slot" for "The Male Shaft" to be inserted into.

Who's idea do you think it was for that little spermatozoa to come shooting out of that Male Shaft into the Female Slot there to fertilize and become little Billy Jones and across the tracks another Male Shaft shot another little spermatozoa into another Female Slot there to fertilize and become little Mary Smith then many years later Billy meets Mary, Billy takes Mary out into his fathers garage and inserts his Male Shaft into Mary's Female Slot and BANGO out shoots another little spermatozoa into Mary's Slot.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THE BIG BANG SH!T CREATED THIS ASSEMBLY LINE, I DON'T, I THINK THE F-CKING STORK HAD A LOT TO DO WITH IT AND I THINK GOD MADE THE STORK.

SARAH IS RIGHT GOD BLESS SARAH

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  5. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Stork theory .....Taliban Victory!

6. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

"Teach both", that is an excellent answer. I am thrilled that her journalistic integrity is fair and balanced.

7. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

That is damn funny.

8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Contain youself Wes. Sheesh. Did you get that excited when the Patriots won the Superbowl?

9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

From the genius that brought us.

People who live in ALAMOGORDO, NM are FOAMING AT THE MOUTH KILLERS

Seriously, can we get a rule for posting stuff that that is TOO STUPID or something. This is really ridiculous? He's not even reading what he post's to see if it fits the description in the thread title.

10. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I thought this thread is darn funny. But I will agree it is not serious. Maybe we what we need is forum for funny stuff. I like humor more than politics. Although sometimes they merge, like when Bush claims "too many of our imports are coming from overseas."

11. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +734 / 11 / -7

I have a better idea. Let's teach what we do know, and teach that we don't know what we don't know. For example, let's teach that we know for certain that carbon, iridium, uranium, and other elements decay at a predictable rate. Let's teach that these and methods give us a vague idea of the age of the earth, which is in the billions of years. Let's teach that the forms of life extent on the Earth are consistent with the theory of evolution, which is considered the most likely explanation, though being scientific, is always being revised in the microcosm. And let's teach that the Earth's formation is consistent with other scientific knowledge.

Let's also teach that for many years, man has created unproven myths in order to explain facts. Let's teach there are many mythologies and religions, but that they do not have any independent scientific merit; for example, they have found Troy, which was dismissed as fictional -- but that does not prove that Zeus is the king of all the gods, and that Athena sprang from his head fully formed.

Let's teach that mythology and religion were once taught in place of science but that we now understand that the literal truth of either has long since passed from the realm of possibility, and into the realm of superstition.

All of this is fact. Let's teach our kids facts. Let's call a spade a spade.

On the other hand, I don't think we need to teach that it is the literal truth that Odin lost his eye in exchange for wisdom, Tyr lost his arm fighting the Fenris Wolf, or Zeus overthrew Cronus and fathered the Olympian gods. We don't need to teach that a celestial being cooked people in the oven too long to make Africans, too little to make Europeans, or just right to make the Chinese. We don't need to teach either that God created man, male and female, in one day or that God created Adam, and then later when Adam got lonely, reached into the male and created woman from his rib. Nor do we need to teach children, with public money, the Mesopotamian flood epic as re-told in the Noah story, as if it were literal truth.

There is no scientific way to support these.

We should stick to the facts in public schools. The bible is not factual. It is a collection of stories; if the stories are a kind of moral guide, and the laws have historic significance (and religious significance among those who observe them,) it certainly is not much of a scientific text.

Teaching the Hebrew bible creation accounts, on behalf of Christians, in a secular nation, is a mockery of all concerned. You may as well teach the creation myths of the Yanomamo.

PFnV

12. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

versus

[​IMG]

Fairy tales ! hahahahahaha Ever heard of penis and vagina ? HAHAHAHA
    Religious people are damn funny! victoRy! :D

13. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wes, you want to point out to me where there is anything about "stork theory?" Did you read the article, do you understand what creation theory is, and do you even care to know that you are writing lies? Governor Palin has had 5 children, I'm pretty sure she understands how that happened (if not someone needs to sit down with her and explain it so we don't end up with a pregnant VP for her whole term).

Wes as others have pointed out, you are either not reading what you post or are again trying to mislead people here. I'm not sure which is worse, but I know both make you look foolish. My automatic reaction when I see you've started a thread is to go read the article and see what you are lying about this time. Maybe it makes you feel good to make stuff up about everything you post, but in the end it keeps people from taking you seriously.

That said I am a strong opponent of teaching creationism in schools beyond a general statement like "some people believe in creationism, the idea that a higher power created man rather than him evolving from apes."

14. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Lighten up, Francis. (if you don't understand that line rent the movie stripes)

What Wes posted was not an attempting to mislead people, it was parody, satire, humor.

But like all satire it makes a point. If we are going to teach children the fairy tales of creationism, why not teach the stork theory to med students, or the physics of how santa toy delivery network is able to visit every house in one night.

15. Stokes

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I love Stripes! I am insulted that you think I wouldn't have seen it!

I was talking about Wes consistently misrepresenting the articles he posts, which is a frustrating habit of his.

Much as I hate to defend anything to do with creation theory I would point out that there is a big difference between it and something like stork theory. You can prove in a lab that humans are born from union of sperm and egg. You can perform the union in vitro and monitor the growth of the fetus to full term. I know and you know the biblical version of creation theory can't be right, but still, you can't see a monkey having missing-link children.

16. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

sorry

It took me 15 mins to realize the Wes is the Ocho Cinco of the the politics forum. If you know that every thread title wes writes is a misrep, stop opening his threads.

Personally I think they are as funny as all heck. But I am not going to take him seriously.

17. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Thank you sir, these people lost humor too.
    Taliban people are always funny . :D

18. Stokes

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I can't help myself, I read it just to see what the real story is.

Good god Wes, you didn't legally change YOUR last name to weswelker#83 did you?