Welcome to PatsFans.com

Republican Veteran Slams Limbaugh for Supporting Torture

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Apr 9, 2009.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

IMO the Rep. party is in trouble when an ex WW11 Marine tells Limbaugh hes a "Brainwashed Nazi" and is partly to blame for Obama winning.

Video: Republican Veteran Slams Limbaugh for Supporting Torture

Looks like Rush Limbaugh got a dose of his own OxyContin yesterday, when he got a call on his radio show from a Republican veteran who lashed out at Limbaugh for his stance on torture. The caller said Limbaugh was a “brainwashed Nazi” for claiming torture was an effective interrogation technique and giving the U.S. a pass for using it at Abu Ghraib and elsewhere. The caller also said Limbaugh was in part to blame for the Republicans losing last November.

Limbaugh was befuddled at first, trying to write the caller off as an Obama voter. Then, when the caller set Limbaugh straight on his political leanings, Limbaugh went on the offensive, cutting off the caller and calling him “stupid” and “ignorant.” But the caller wouldn’t let up, cornering Limbaugh to the point that he made the ludicrous assertion, “I don’t know of anybody who died from torture.”

Clearly, Limbaugh has absolutely no respect for our country’s veterans.........
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

Of course the anon caller provided no proof that he was a pubbie or a vet for all we know it was PC or Patters or you on the phone...
  3. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Rationalize all you want 13. It was an old man that called up and eventually went off. If you watched thevideo Limbaugh is speechless for quit a while before he cut the guy off. So obviously HE thought the call was real. And what a way to treat a vet, doesn't Limbaugh wrap himself in the flag, and call himself a true patriot? A true patriot would Never trat a WW11 vet, or any vet that way.
  4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

I am not rationalizing ANYTHING. I can't listen to the call or the other media matter calls. I am pointing out that your unquestioning acceptance of this guy's claims about his background is unsupported.

I am glad the folks in Abu Gharib were busted and jailed. I also feel that the prisioners weren't physically tortured their treatment was a joke compared to what they would experience in any other country in the Middle East as a prisioner.
  5. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Were you ever in the service or just another Chicken Hawk like Douche bag Fat pants?
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I don't buy into Limbaugh as the spokesman for the republican party......you only hope he's the face of it. He didn't even like McCain(anti-torture guy, remember?) all that much, he just supported him over Obama.
  7. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Do you have any good reason not to believe him?
  8. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ideologically he is as much as anybody. The rest of the RNC didn't really like McCain either, he was just their best shot.
  9. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Well its seems that Rush thinks hes the face of the Republican party, and recently plenty of conservative Rep's have bowed and scrapped before him like he was.
  10. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Well, I am a veteran, so does that give me "more credibility" to post on the subject. :rolleyes:

It's the typical kind of a misleading lefty smut crap you find all over the internet. In all fairness the right does the same crap. It over hyped to the max. In Fact, posting it here is in the way it's presented typifies the nonsense.

First all, the guy introduces himself like this.

That's not quite the same as saying a "Republican Veteran". He may be, but that not the way he introduces himself.

First off, read the transcript, the guy never said he was a WW2 veteran. In fact, I am ALMOST CERTAIN he wasn't. First off, the guys sounds like he is an older guy, but certainly not in his upper 80's which most surviving WW2 vets are these days. They are also less politically involved as they once were.

That's speculation, but still, chances are I am just as right as you are and there is no way to prove it.

Second of all, regardless, it's absolutely MORONIC to think that Obama won the election because of Rush's stance on torture. Plus, it's clear that the guy thinks that we (our soldiers) engaged in activities that go beyond what has been substantially proven (saying we killed people we tortured like the Nazis did). I don't know ONE VETERAN that served in the theater of war that would make that kind of unsubstantiated claim against fellow soldiers.

Something stinks about this guys claims.

Sure, It's fun to listen to the guy yell at Rush (who is a tool), but to say that he got "taken to the woodshed" by an old WW2 veteran is a little bit of a stretch.
  11. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

If you were BMC31 it would, being an AP air policeman doesn't carry a lot of wieght with me. I had a buddy in the air police, and i had buddies in the Rangers and Greenbert. Theres a big difference between patroling an Air Force base and putting your azz on the frontline, or behind it.

No i didn't read the transcript i watched te video lst night and from what i remember the old man said that he served both in the Marines in WW11, and later mentioned joining the Army. He also sounded (voice) like he was Harrys age, so yes i believe he was legit.

BTW did you watch the video, did you listen? That old man ate Limbaughs lunch, he schooled him. Limbaugh was speechless.
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

USAF 71-75 Enlisted, E4 HonorableDischarge, of course I can't prove that...;)
  13. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

He never said those things. He said he "voted republican", talked about being in the Marines and made reference to WW11.

He did clean tubby's clock, and I already admitted it was fun. I just said it was a strech make drastic claim from stuff not there. Like I said, something about the language, how he spoke and some of the things he said just don't add up.

Have you ever spoken to WW2 vet? Most of them are opposed to torture. However, they have a little different idea of what torture is. Their idea of it is stuff the Japanese and Germans did to them. Most don't believe dressing people up in pink undies and playing loud music is torture. Some do, most don't.

Oh yeah, I was 95B USA, switched MOS later. That was back in the 80's. That's about as specific as I can get ;).

btw, Don't be a military snob. Appreciate them all. There are more jobs to be done then just the "glory job" like SEALS, Rangers, etc in the military. Bottom line you ain't doing them, so don't crap on em'. If they do their time, and do it honorably, they don't need to answer to you.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

This is pathetic, even for your standards, agent 13.

The "prove it...so? prove it MORE!" mantra went out around 2005, I believe... Yet here you are, staring embarrassment in the face as your hero and belief system are exposed by a brave caller who got past Rush's filter. And what do you do? Punt to skepticism of the caller's agenda by insulting posters here, and then switch gears to justifying torture and humiliation at Abu Gharib. What a caricature you truly are.

It's interesting that you'd routinely come running to the aid of the brainwashed Nazi, Limbaugh, when in fact, you exhibit essentially the same geopolitical ideology as the Grand Wizard himself.

Well played, sir. I'll goose step to that!!
  15. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Why do you so easily suck up to the rantings of Rush Limbaugh when in fact it's well known he's a right wing idealogue?
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

I said I didn't hear what Limbaugh said. I was challenging the presumption that this 'veteran' was telling the truth. There is NO way to know if this guy was being honest or not. There is a long history of this sort of lying about your credentials on the left. It happened on a large scale during the Winter Soldier hearings. There was the incident a couple of years ago where a guy claimed to have committed war crimes ordered by his superiors It was published in the NAtion mag, turns out the guy hadn't been Iraq.

I laugh at PC's description of this guy as 'Brave', calling a radio show is an act of bravery to the left.... what a joke.
  17. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

After listening to it again I ADMIT IT, HE NEVER SAYS HES A WW11 VET, he sounds like hes in his 50' or 60 's maybe Vietnam. So i take that part back, but i do believe hes genuine. And i thought this was the actual video of Limbaugh, which is much better than just hearing him.
    I do appreciate all who serve, my point is that its much more likely to be captured if your on the front lines or behind them.
  18. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Your world is so black and white. Anything that isn't hard right is bad,only people to the left of extreme RT. lie, only people on the extreme RT. tell the truth. Only the people left of the extreme RT. would play dirty tricks, or get on a radio show as someone their not like this caller.
    Do you remember Nixon? Or how about swift boating? Or right now, this whole "Obamas going to take your guns away BS"... He has never ONCE said anything about taking guns away. But you guys keep saying sh!t like this and people are falling for it and now its ended up in the death of 3 cops. As a long, long time gun owner i will know, as will the the majority, who is to blame. People like Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck and the people that parrot their BS.
    Talk about brainwashed, agent 13 get out of the bunker, allow yourself to accept the possibility that you might be wrong.
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

Yeah economically liberial, I voted for Ed Clarke for President in 72.

He was a crook as were LBJand the Kennedy's, what is your point?

The Swift boaters were Kerry's peers. They confronted him about his record and lies in the 1970's. Kerry lied at the Winter Soldier hearings. I am very glad the Swift Boaters challenged Kerry.

So the NRA is responsible for the death of 3 cops? Do this make lefties responsible for the crimes of the Earth Liberation Front? We will see about gun control, currently Obama is busy taking over banks, setting pay levels for executives, refusing repayment of TARP money, looking to nationalize health care, and Imposing a couple of Trillion in CArbon Taxes which will allw the government to dictate the terms of business growth and expansion, oops forgot about getting into the car business and specifing what sort of cars will be available to purchase..

Gun control will have to wait awhile.

I have never mentioned gun control on this board, why the strawman, accept the valid point I made about the anan caller and move on.
  20. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Oh my a temper tantrum from 13 who would have thunk it. This falls under the category of if i have to explain something as simple as my post then its not worth it, you'll never get. I'm not going to wast my time on someone that cries "strawman" everytime their confronted.