Welcome to PatsFans.com

Republican Tennessee Senator "Underwhelmed" By Prez Bush

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Nov 23, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Sounds like more and more rats are fleeing a sinking ship, this former loyalist to the Grand Old Party.. has some interesting things to say..

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/corker_964648___article.html/underwhelmed_very.html

Tennessee Senator Bob Corker raised some eyebrows at a luncheon at the Chattanoogan hotel Tuesday with remarks about President Bush.
    Speaking to a crowd of about 500 supporters, led by Hamilton County Mayor Claude Ramsey, Corker spoke about a range of issues, including energy, healthcare, and his experiences during his first year as a Senator.
    But his remarks about his experiences with the White House during meetings on the war in Iraq left some in the crowd befuddled.
    "I was in the White House a number of times to talk about the issue, and I may rankle some in the room saying this, but I was very underwhelmed with what discussions took place at the White House," Corker said.
    "Let me say this. George Bush is a very compassionate person. He's a very good person. And a lot of people don't see that in him, and there's many people in this room who might disagree with that.... I just felt a little bit underwhelmed by our discussions, the complexity of them, the depth of them. And yet in spite of that, I do believe that the most recent course of action we've pursued is a good one. I feel like what we've lack in our country is a coherent effort that really links together the Treasury Department, all the various departments of our government in a way that really focuses not just on the hard military side of things, but also the soft effort that it takes to build good will among people. I really think much of that has righted itself, I'm just telling you that at that moment in time I felt very underwhelmed, and I'm just being honest. I've said that to them, and to him, and to others. I kind of in a way wish I hadn't said it today."
  2. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Interesting, thanks GJAJ. I know that the application of the term "underwhlemed" to Bush's presidency is, for me anyway, a bit of an understatement.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

Bush betrayed me:
    The Illegal Aliens and the proposal to turn American Seaports over to the Arab Muslim Head Hunters did it for me, I have no intention of ever voting again, nobody in Politics can be trusted they are all "SCUM".

The reason many people are interested in Ron Paul is he is the only stinking politician that isn't constantly GRINNING when he's throwing his bullsh!t around. (maybe Paul is one of those people that can't grin)

Why do those filthy bastards always GRIN.

When the Muslims come to take over they will wipe the grin off with a steak knife.
    :bricks:
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Hate to say, but we have some common ground here, Paul is different and not part of the "establishment",with that being said so much of what he wants to change is institutionalized and has been perpetuated by this and former adm's.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

Presidents always worry about their legacy's for the fututre history books, George Bush and Bill Clinton have nobody but themselves to blame for the Sh!t that will be written about them.
    :bricks:
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I say we put Harry and NEMster on a ticket and let 'em have it.

All in favor??

//