Welcome to PatsFans.com

Republican congresswoman dies

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Oct 6, 2007.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

May she rest in peace.
    I wish strength, patience and courage to those, left behind.
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Not a Congresswoman dies, but a Republican congresswoman dies? No comment about her, no prayers go out to her family, no sympathy for her battle with cancer. There are already a number of members who claim you celebrate the death of your opponents. I'm starting to believe it. Maybe you could post again and say your respects.
  4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It is a very sad story and my condolences go out to her family. We have made tremendous progress fighting breast cancer but there is still a long ways to go. I doubt there are many of us not touched by this disease in some way and it is heartwarming to see so many beating the cancer but, like I said, we are also sometimes reminded of the long road still ahead.
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

c'mon... he didn't say a word derrogatory..... this is a bit of a stretch...
  6. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Your right nothing derogatory, and you can give him the benefit of the doubt. A bit of a stretch, lets see. The article's title did not mention the Congresswoman's party affiliation, thus, he would have had to read the beginning of the first paragraph. What jumps out in the first paragraph, that she was a Republican or that she had a heroic two year battle with cancer. Maybe its just me, but my title mentions the cancer rather then the party. I at least have the decency of offering my condolences.
    My prayers go out to her family.
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

It's rare that I have anything in common with QuiGon, but his sentiments echo mine.

As far as Mikey's lack of comment goes, I think he's pretty cynical.
  8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Amazing how he's so "cynical" when it involves Republicans. Admit it: he's gloating, pure and simple. I've been saying this for months now and more and more we can see others agreeing with that belief.
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

he didn't gloat at all... the only thing we see more and more of is that you carry absolutely no weight around here whatsoever...
  10. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That explains why you respond to virtually every single post I make 24/7.... :rofl:
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, that answer is self-evident.... letting you run your mouth, unabaited, would be a profound injustice... simply reminding you that you carry no weight doesn't in fact give you any weight... you say something stupid, i'll be right here to remind people of it...

still, your goofy assessment is typical overdramaticism.... i respond only to a tiny fraction of your drivel... look it up...
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

I call it cynical. You call it gloating. By way of analogy, it's the same sort of cynicism that fed the Clinton impeachment frenzy, but some would have said the right wing was gloating.
  13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh, I'll be the first to admit I was gloating during that, but there's miles of difference between gloating over an impeachment and gloating over the deaths of soldiers or, in this case, a Republcan congresswoman.

Why am I not surprised you think your ridiculous analogy is an appropriate one..?
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

Perhaps because you're projecting your off-based thought processes onto me.

At any rate, good for you for admitting that you were gloating rather than sad at the damage the scandal (whatever one's perspective) did to our prestige. In both cases, I found it sad

-- TD by Daunte Stallworth! --

that our country went through impeachment or that the Congresswoman died of cancer, but unlike you I don't gloat and I'm not as cynical as Mikey!
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well it is nice to see you admit that Clinton's sexual inpropriety and lying under oath did damge to "our prestige"...
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

Well, we've seen why he doesn't write words and only posts links. The last time MMikey added some text, he called people "klansmen and rednecks".

BTW, my condolences to the family. My mom lost her best friend to breast cancer 25 years ago. I'd never seen my mom cry for so long a period. Truly sad stuff. I wish this woman's family the best.
  17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

It is sad that our country had to go through the impeachment, but Slick Willy chose to get head in the Oval Office and lie about it. This woman didn't choose to get cancer and lose her life.

Stallworth had a real nice game today. Man this team is good. ;) I think that's something we're all in agreement over! :D
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

During the Clinton-Lewensky scandal they were selling "Billy Boy" condoms in Lithuania, and probably all throughout the former Soviet and eastern Europe. They had Bubba's caricature likeness chortling away on the boxes. I had to start speaking with a French accent just to buy milk and bread for the kids.

//
  19. Patters

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

The decision to allow the Whitewater investigation to turn into a witchhunt is what damaged our prestige. I would guess that if we spent $60 million investigating any president (or anyone else for that matter) we could find a few embarrassing things that would not be in the interest of our country. In many parts of the world, the investigation itself was considered an embarrassment, much more so than Clinton's exact behavior.

Next week's game will be the first real test. We've played great, and even a really sloppy performance allowed us to beat the Browns by 17, but we'll find out how good the Pats really are against the Cowboys. That should be a very good game, but the one I really can't wait for is the one against the Colts.
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Then you need to go back to the debacle of the witch hunt to get Nixon. He broke some rules, but for what motivation ??? It certainly wasn't to get his rocks off in front of original paintings of Geo Washington and Abraham Lincoln. The opposition toward a vulnerable man under the tremendous pressure of the Vietnam War during the Cold War era was GARGANTUAN, and the thoughtless people who led that opposition did more to weaken the prestige of our government than anyone else in history.

//