Welcome to PatsFans.com

Republican anti-Americanism

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +347 / 12 / -11

It's pretty disgusting what the Republican Party is trying to do in D.C. The do-nothing right-wing Republican Congress is showing their true colors -- they are a bunch of lazy, selfish individuals who are putting their pettiness ahead of the national interest. While the Democrats promise to be inclusive in their approach to governing, I hope they investigate every single one of those Republicans, many of whom lack a work ethic or any ethics for that matter.

http://online.wsj.com/public/articl...79YKGamKmg_20070105.html?mod=tff_main_tff_top

WASHINGTON -- Like a retreating army, Republicans are tearing up railroad track and planting legislative land mines to make it harder for Democrats to govern when they take power in Congress next month.

Already, the Republican leadership has moved to saddle the new Democratic majority with responsibility for resolving $463 billion in spending bills for the fiscal year that began Oct. 1. And the departing chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, Rep. Bill Thomas (R., Calif.), has been demanding that the Democrat-crafted 2008 budget absorb most of the $13 billion in costs incurred from a decision now to protect physician reimbursements under Medicare, the federal health-care program for the elderly and disabled.

But with Mr. Hastert dismantling his office, House Republicans appear to be operating in a post-election leadership vacuum. The White House is watching with alarm, as are many Senate Republicans, who have a greater stake than the House in maintaining relations with Democrats.

"There are individuals who want to blow up the tracks, and there are more of those individuals in the House," said one Senate leadership aide.

2. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Sabotaging the other party is as American as applie pie. Need I remind you of the Clinton staffers that removed all the W's on every keyboard in the white house after Bush was elected?

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -12

I would think you would be happy Patters, the dems can have input on this years budget, isn't that a good thing givens the dems noble intentions and inherent goodness?

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +347 / 12 / -11

Pujo, I don't think removing the Ws quite compares with this. That was more of a prank than an act of sabotage. Also, I'm not sure how previous Congresses have acted in this regard. But, it would seem to me that, if nothing else, this Congress would have wanted to help Bush, rather than force him to negotiate with the Democrats from the get-go.

Patsfan13, it's a good thing in some ways, yes, except that the Democrats of course will have to move very quickly since stop-gap budget measures are not the way to run the government. The right thing for the Republicans to do would be to put together a bipartisan budget, with a Republican imprint. That would have helped the government proceed smoothly, helped Bush focus on more important matters, and made the Republicans dutiful and responsible.

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

This crap happens all the time a branch of office changes hands. Personally, I can't stand Hasert though.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

They are just giving the sore losing Bush Haters a taste of their own medicine.

In the last six years the Haters have used every dirty trick known to man, it's about time the Republicans started acting like democrats.

7. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Lol, those awful Democrats throwing sand into the eyes of God-fearing, honest Republicans.

How do you say stuff like that without cracking yourself up?

8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

That's exactly what I thought when I first opened this thread and its quite a bit of why I call myself a Democrat. Limbaugh and all the other Pubbie talking heads SCREAMED about that silly joke, yet the AM dial is silent about this.

9. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Stealing the W's will really get to them more.

10. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Keep focusing inwards so that we are blinded outwardly.

Keep looking backwards so that we cannot look ahead

Keep pointing one finger at others whilst 4 other fingers point towards yourselves.

Keep being the party of opposition despite now being the majority party to put ideas forth.

And you wonder why I left the Democrats?