PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports of Norv Turner to be fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks! With all the talent San Diego has, they may actually be able to beat the Pats now that they will be getting a real coach.

That sucks! With all the talent San Diego has, they may actually be able to beat the Pats now that they will be getting a real coach.

I think their window has passed though. Back when they had LT in his prime, with Gates (pre injury), Merriman fully charged, were some wasted years, first with Marty then with Norv.

Maybe Tony ( Jersey Shore) Sparano will get the job at end of season :D

I think their window has passed though. Back when they had LT in his prime, with Gates (pre injury), Merriman fully charged, were some wasted years, first with Marty then with Norv.

I agree.

Spanos pixxed away a really good team. He should have kept Marty though IMO.

It's great that the Pats played such an integral role in ruining that franchise. Hats off to Troy Brown for playing to the whistle. Your strip and fumble started this! Then AJ fires Marty. Then we beat them in 07 AFCCG with Ladanian in his Arctic Gear on the sidelines. They haven't been the same since. Not enough talent left there to contend. Just a carcass of their 06 squad. I've got one word to say; "NORV!!!!!"

I still hold Rivers in high regard. He doesn't have the weapons this year, IMO. Matthews looks like a good, young runner but needs to mature. Their O-Line is brutal. Gates is an old 31.

I agree with the comment about the defense. It's not even close to what it was a few years ago.

The need a reboot.

I agree.

Spanos pixxed away a really good team. He should have kept Marty though IMO.

I disagree he should've fired Marty a year or two earlier than they actually did, their mistake was hiring Norv.

AJ Smith is his own worst enemy. Between his time in Buffalo and San Diego, he's proven that he has the best eye for college talent in the entire NFL, but he is one egotistical maniac.

True, there's no excuse for that team not having more success in the 2004-2010 years. Great team in all phases except special teams, that too was part of their downfall. What a waste of talent

My immediate thought is who are they going to try to steal from the Patriots?? Caserio?? Billl O'Brien??

Buh-bye, Norv.

Once again, we must be grateful that Mr. Kraft chose the hooded one over all other options. Teams we thought were built to last like the Colts and Chargers are in disarray while the Patriots chug along replenishing talent and weathering injuries (the 11-5 record with Matt Cassell was the best coaching/GM job of the 2000s.)

Think about the Super Bowl opponents: St. Louis, Carolina and Philadelphia - all doormats. Then think AFC challengers: Indianapolis and San Diego.

The only organizations that have maintained excellence over the past 10 years are the Packers, Ravens, the Steelers and the Patriots. What the Patriots have not done is continue to win after the coach and QB step down. It will be very interesting to see if the Kraft family can rise to the level of the Rooneys or Modells.

Last edited:
They obviously aren't what they used to be, but I think with the right coaching, they could present a challenge. They are not your 0-16 Detroit Lions.

AJ Smith is his own worst enemy. Between his time in Buffalo and San Diego, he's proven that he has the best eye for college talent in the entire NFL, but he is one egotistical maniac.

And cant pick a coach, he had an opportunity after they fired Marty and he blew it.

My immediate thought is who are they going to try to steal from the Patriots?? Caserio?? Billl O'Brien??
They can have BOB. That being said it took long enough for Turner to be fired if true. He should have been gone years ago.

Last edited:
They can have BOB. That being said it took long enough for Turner to be fired if true. He should have been gone years ago.

You know, BOB going to SD even up for Norv as Offensive Coordinator to BB is not an awful idea. Belichick will make sure Norv does not play not not to lose the way he does as Head ****roach.

And AJ Smith may go aswell!

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/142955614056878080

San Diego Union Tribune are reporting it according to Schefter!

Not really a surprise!

I’m gonna go out on a limb and predict what will happen.

Spanos will have a change of heart and stick with Turner and Smith.

Then in mid February, once all the best coach and GM candidates have been hired by other teams, Spanos will have another change of heart and fire Turner and Smith.

Left without many options, Spanos will hire Marty Shottenheimer as Head Coach and GM.

Four years ago when they hired Norv, fans of every rival team cheered. It was perfectly clear to the layman that the Chargers had just neutralized a talent-stuffed roster. Now that their roster is much more average, they're finally ditching the albatross.

My sympathies to JCDavey & friends, this must have been an excruciating decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back