PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports: Montana, Bradshaw skip SB XL over $$

Status
Not open for further replies.
T-ShirtDynasty said:
:rofl: it took me a minute. :D

Brilliant.

Paraphrased from the Whiner line - most of my material is my own - I should have given credit upfront

Montana and Bradshaw deny greed allegations...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2321024

Montana, the league's only three-time Super Bowl MVP, and Bradshaw reportedly turned down the invitation over money.

Both denied the reports.

In a phone interview with "Quite Frankly" host Stephen A. Smith on Monday night, Montana vehemently denied forgoing the ceremony over money and reiterated that his absence was due to his preference to see his son's basketball game.

Montana told ESPN last week that he wasn't going to attend the Super Bowl because his son had an important basketball game he wanted to attend. Bradshaw, according to the Chronicle, told league officials he wanted to be with his family.

Montana said money was never an issue and that he would not have attended the Super Bowl ceremony even if the appearance fee had been greater than the $100,000 he was reported to have requested.

Former MVPs were given $1,000 for incidental expenses while in Detroit, along with other amenities such as plane tickets, car rental and game tickets.

Sources told each paper that Montana asked for a guarantee of at least $100,000 in appearance money.

When the league balked at Montana's demands, the quarterback declined to be in attendance.

Bradshaw, through a representative, denied the Chronicle's report that there was a dispute over money.

Last edited:
ya

Bradshaw was on Leno tonight and Jay asked him about it. He said (he's divorced) that he has never been to a superbowl that he has not played in or commentated on (if fox is doing the superbowl). He said he hates it: too many people, too crazy, not fun at all. That coupled with the fact that Sunday is the only day he get's to spend with his daugter---and he wanted to spend it that way. He also said that before any of this happened he called rooney and explained the situation and rooney told him to spend the day with his daughter.

Bradshaw has always been a little crazy, but a good guy none the less and I believed him!

mtbykr said:
Bradshaw was on Leno tonight and Jay asked him about it. He said (he's divorced) that he has never been to a superbowl that he has not played in or commentated on (if fox is doing the superbowl). He said he hates it: too many people, too crazy, not fun at all. That coupled with the fact that Sunday is the only day he get's to spend with his daugter---and he wanted to spend it that way. He also said that before any of this happened he called rooney and explained the situation and rooney told him to spend the day with his daughter.

Bradshaw has always been a little crazy, but a good guy none the less and I believed him!
are you that stupid? you think he has his daughter one day/week? moron.
bradshaw is a buffoon who won superbowls DESPITE his lacking talent.. he was average; his teams were great

PatsWorldChamps said:
are you that stupid? you think he has his daughter one day/week? moron.
bradshaw is a buffoon who won superbowls DESPITE his lacking talent.. he was average; his teams were great

Just like the current Stealers QB.

mikey said:
Just like the current Stealers QB.

very true...
who has the worst QB rating in SB history?

Last edited:
shmessy said:
Re: Bradshaw - Question: What LEAGUE does he cover for Fox?????????

Where does his gravy come from??????

I find it hilarious that you believe his career at Fox has nothing to do with the NFL and its market share. When you say He "made a lot more from Fox after football" you miss the fact that he is making that sum FROM football. Last time I checked, Bradshaw was NOT a political commentator or a meteorologist for Fox.

He's making a helluva lot off the NFL and it's brilliant marketing. Foo on him, too.

Where did I say he wasn't making money because of football? I was just adding the fact that Bradshaw did come out of the NFL with a nestegg like most player playing today do. I know the only reason he is on FOX is because of who he is and what he played.

workhorse said:
Where did I say he wasn't making money because of football? I was just adding the fact that Bradshaw did come out of the NFL with a nestegg like most player playing today do. I know the only reason he is on FOX is because of who he is and what he played.

Word for word, what you wrote:

" BTW, when Bradshaw played players weren't making the coin they are now. He has probably made a lot more from FOX after football."

Anyone with a basic understanding of the language would understand the preposition "after". "After" means "external", outside of". He has made money from Fox FROM football, not "after" football.

Couple that with your statement that in Bradshaw's day players (assuming you're including Bradshaw as one of the players who played when he played!) didn't make the big bucks, and it sure does indicate you are trying to explain away his actions.

The piece de resistance was your statement "Bradshaw wanted to be with his family". The poor , poor, fella. Even during the season (that's less than half a calendar year) he only has to work 4 days a week.

He CHOOSES to make appearances at business conventions, vacuum cleaning expositions, car shows, etc. all year round to squeeze an extra $10 million a year into his estate. Where is his need for family time during those "crucial events"?

You're saying he couldn't give one appearance to THE SOURCE of his good fortune?

Please. Perhaps that kind of stuff plays in Indiana, but don't insult people's intelligence here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey