PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports: Brady wants entire suspension removed, and is seeking to be fully exonerated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care about the suspension. The loss of the first round pick is way, way, way worse and way, way ,way over the top as far as punishment.

I don't really care about the money. The loss of the first-round pick PLUS the suspension is way, way,
way worse and way, way, way over the top as far as punishment goes.

I don't really care about the suspension. The loss of the first round pick is way, way, way worse and way, way ,way over the top as far as punishment.

I don't really care about the money. The loss of the first-round pick PLUS the suspension is way, way,
way worse and way, way, way over the top as far as punishment goes.

I don't really care about the asterisks. The loss of the money PLUS the first-round pick PLUS the suspension is way, way, way worse and way, way, way over the top as far as punishment goes. ;)

I was thinking that since many of us fear Goodell vacating Brady's suspension is the worst result for the Pats since it needs to go to court if we hope for full vindication, and Goodell says he is open to new evidence, how about if Brady arrives at the meeting and says he has no new information to add whatsoever?

It would be difficult for Goodell to vacate the punishment based on that.

I was thinking that since many of us fear Goodell vacating Brady's suspension is the worst result for the Pats since it needs to go to court if we hope for full vindication, and Goodell says he is open to new evidence, how about if Brady arrives at the meeting and says he has no new information to add whatsoever?

Actually that is not a long shot, Brady may act exactly like you say, because there is no new evidence, there was never evidence of any wrongdoing. The only wrongdoing in this investigation came from a lame report and a bad job by NFL, to say the least.

The new evidence is that the AEI report is, between all the articles pointing the flaws in the Wells Report, a very credible one that is raising more and more questions about this whole nonsense.

It would be better if Brady showed up to the appeal and told Roger to go eff himself.

Brady should show up (because the courts will not take the case if he has not already exhausted all other means of relief first), proclaim his innocence, and then serve Goodell and his cronies with court summons.

I think even Goodell has to realize now that he is going to get ***** slapped if this gets to court. But he has cornered himself and really has no way to get out without looking like the clown that he is.

It would be better if Brady showed up to the appeal and told Roger to go eff himself.

There is the mild-mannered, controlled, husband, father, son, brother, businessman and friend Tom Brady who spends his time at charity events, operates with dignity and works to be the best football player and person he can be.

Then there "Psycho Tom" who talks trash, cusses, gets in people's grills and drives people nuts with his brashness and over-the-top competitiveness.

I'm assuming the former will be in that conference room but if things get a little testy, "Psycho Tom" might be itching to get out. Hopefully Kessler and D. Smith can keep him inside....

Last edited:
The science in Wells report concurs with AEI. Which if Goodell tries to poke holes in that, he will be poking holes in Exponent which is poking holes in the Wells report. Because Brady's lawyers are going to attack the NFL with Walt Anderson's recollection. How he said he measured with the gauge that science agrees with yet somehow Wells decided Anderson used the gauge that didn't lineup with science.

Wells literally spends time pumping up Anderson of how great and thorough he is, yet the one thing that would severely hurt his conclusion, he disregards.

It's a little deeper than that. The AEI report disproves how the science was interpreted and the methods in which they concluded their results. The AEI report questions and proves that the Wells timeline during halftime measurements was incorrect. They also prove based on the measurements from the football illegally measured on the sideline and the pressure results listed from the other 11 balls and the 4 colts balls could not have been from the non logo gauge. I think (can't remember if this in the AEI report or somewhere else) that they used the discarded measurements from the re-inflated footballs taken after the game to prove that the timeline of measurements were incorrect.

Funny thing is that I read a lot of the opinions made in the AEI report on this forum weeks before it was released. If Einstein wasn't dead I would swear he was a Patriots fan.

I think there is a lot of incentive for Goodell to not see this go to court.
He will, no doubt, lose in court. Judges in other cases have taken potshots at his decision making and discipline and appeal process, as well as the inconsistency of his punishments.
The NFLPA may very well turn this into a referendum on Goodells power, the CBA, and parts of it that the court consider illegal or egregiously in the favor of the league.
The NFL kicked the NFLPA silly in this CBA, so bringing it into a courtroom would not be good for Goodell.
There are many parts of the CBA the the NFLPA could tie to this case, and although Goodell may not be smart enough to know it, putting him on the witness stand for the NFL is almost a guaranteed loss.

As I posted in several,other threads, the CBA requires the parties to share with the other side whatever evidence they plan to introduce (discovery) three calendar days prior to the appeal (June 20?). If team Brady doesn't give anything to the league, it will give a little insight to their strategy though I doubt we will find out what was turned over.

Does anyone have a sense of how open/closed the appeal on the 23rd be?

With the access to football coverage on TV and if you listen to it, sports radio if a person were a Pats fan that moved to SD and started following the Chargers then screw them.

DirecTV solves the non-national games issue. Then you can download one of the many radio apps or just go to their site to listen to 98.5 or WEEI if you listen to them. Also last I knew you could access PatsFans.com from anywhere in the United States (unless of course your work has it blocked).
actually, you can't stream the radio broadcast over the Internet. Think you have to buy a season long nfl product for that ability.

Does anyone have a sense of how open/closed the appeal on the 23rd be?
I'd be shocked if Goodell allows this to be open to the public.

I dont think Roger or the NFL is the least bit worried about this going to a judge, or third party arbitrator. No matter how it ends up they still look like they did their job. But thinking this is a slam dunk by a judge or third party arbitrator is naive at best. Regardless of what the AEI report says at some point a judge or 3rd party arbitrator is going to rule for the NFL for whatever reason. My personal opinion is that Im nervous about the whole thing since you cant hold odds like the NFLPA against the NFL has the last few years, plus you dont know what one person(s) are going to believe, Wells or AEI or whomever, your rolling the dice. Seems like a lot of people think an injunction will be put in place until a court ruling etc. but I think that can go either way and it didnt work for AP, as far as I know, which isnt a lot.

I dont think Roger or the NFL is the least bit worried about this going to a judge, or third party arbitrator. No matter how it ends up they still look like they did their job. But thinking this is a slam dunk by a judge or third party arbitrator is naive at best. Regardless of what the AEI report says at some point a judge or 3rd party arbitrator is going to rule for the NFL for whatever reason. My personal opinion is that Im nervous about the whole thing since you cant hold odds like the NFLPA against the NFL has the last few years, plus you dont know what one person(s) are going to believe, Wells or AEI or whomever, your rolling the dice. Seems like a lot of people think an injunction will be put in place until a court ruling etc. but I think that can go either way and it didnt work for AP, as far as I know, which isnt a lot.

An independent arbitrator tosses this 99.9999% sure. The Wells report is just that bad and weak. I find it hard to believe a law firm actually did it, it is that bad.

I think the kind of analysis that was in the AEI report would qualify as "new information," but I think all Brady has to do is give Goodell any reason at all to vacate the suspension, including just showing up and being polite.

As you observe, the critical thing is that Brady has to be completely exonerated and not just have his suspension lifted. I don't think that Kessler, the NFLPA or Brady will be in any mood to "compromise" for the very good reason that they don't have to compromise in the matter of Brady's culpability.

I also have the feeling that we might not have heard the last of this from Kraft, who has been updating his anti-Wells web page almost every day.

Had Kraft appealed without the hammer of a threat to take the League to Court, his Appeal would have dominated the news for weeks before being rejected by Goodell earlier this month. As a result, the press would now be all over Brady for the Patriots' not accepting their punishment and continuing to "whine."

Instead, the little press there has been has been in Brady's favor for the last couple of weeks and the focus is completely on Brady's appeal and the nonsense in the Wells report.

AP was told to go away and got paid, you're comparing apples to oranges. I would bet my house that this goes in favor of Brady in front of anyone else but Roger and the NYFL. I keep thinking Roger will vacate Toms penalty to keep it out of court but that requires common sense and no matter how many times he gets knocked down in any of these things nothing happens so I guess he'll keep on doing what he's been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back