PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reported Patriots UDFA & draft pick signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Any concern that the rookies haven't signed?

Just seems to me that the Patriots are usually one of the first teams to have all their draft picks signed and in camp, this year there are quite a few teams that have all their picks in or maybe just missing their 1st rounder. I wonder what the holdup is?
Also, any word on Matt Light? A few days ago it sounded like he was close to signing, now we have heard nothing.

No........Right now,the cheerleaders are fanning Floyd Reese,trying to revive him......He was last heard muttering......"Another contract Bill?"....'I can't take another week like this":eek:

Re: Any concern that the rookies haven't signed?

Only 3 of the draft picks are unsigned. Vereen, Dowling, and Solder. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Probably waiting until a few get signed on other teams so they can get reasonable slotting values....

Is that safety from clemson still out there?Mcdaniel

Rapoport just tweeted:

Hearing the Patriots have signed undrafted former Utah DE/LB Christian Cox... Lots of sacks in college.

BB is a sucker for DE/LBs like Cox

BB is a sucker for DE/LBs like Cox

BB's typical UDFA DEs and LBs have been impressive athletic specimens with sketchy college records, either small schools or underperformers. Vince Redd, Pierre Woods, Dane Fletcher, Gary Guyton come to mind.

Cox, though, has one of the least inspiring measurable lines you'll find:

6'2" 245 5.04/2.89/1.71 16 29.5" 08'03" 4.57 7.20

That's Brandon Spikes without the short-area quickness. EDIT: better parallel -- Freddie Roach, without the LB experience.

Last edited:
BB's typical UDFA DEs and LBs have been impressive athletic specimens with sketchy college records, either small schools or underperformers. Vince Redd, Pierre Woods, Dane Fletcher, Gary Guyton come to mind.

Cox, though, has one of the least inspiring measurable lines you'll find:

6'2" 245 5.04/2.89/1.71 16 29.5" 08'03" 4.57 7.20

That's Brandon Spikes without the short-area quickness. EDIT: better parallel -- Freddie Roach, without the LB experience.

His athleticism is so bad that even Wendell & OBurger should keep him off the QB.

His athleticism is so bad that even Wendell & OBurger should keep him off the QB.

Maybe brought in to keep up Burger's confidence after Albert rag-dolled him?

From what I've heard agents try to land their players with teams that actually plan on developing them and giving them a chance to play. Bill doesn't have a great track record in that regard.

Yes,we have some on the team but, they are usually developed by someone else. Though Bill was quick about giving BGE a chance ,Maroney was off dancing with the never was, Taylor lost his seeing eye dog and Morris lost both legs (did find them later).

We had a good looking G/C , but let him get away. It wouldn't have bothered me except for the recommendation by his coach, the same coach who us a leg up on Dan Koppen.

Oh, for those who constantly mock UFDA'S, the pro bowl would have been short 23 players without them.

Anyone have any reports on how the UDFA's are looking out there?

Only guy i have heard about is the massive TE. I have heard some good reports and others that he doesn't have very good hands/speed.

Pats released Mike Berry and Thomas Clayton. Signed Jonathan Compas (OL) and Richard Medlin (RB).

Compas: C/G (played at UC Davis)
Height: 6'2 3/8"
Weight: 290

Bench: 29
Vertical: 36 <---- powerful legs
Broad: 9'0
20 yard: 4.42

Shuttle: Slipped during it.. so I discount the number.
Did not run the 40.

Medlin: RB (Fayetteville St)
Height: 5'11 4/8"
Weight: 210

40: 4.60
20: 2.65
10: 1.63

Bench: 19
Vertical: 33.5"
Broad: 9'11" <---- WOW
3 cone: 4.23
Shuttle: 6,96