PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Tom Brady signs 3-year extension with Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Breaking: Brady restructures? per King

Resign Welker, Talib, and Vollmer to long term deals. Sign a vet safety (Reed or Woodson). Sign a pass rush DT (Jenkins/Canty/Williams). Then call it a day.

Best line on a Jets board so far: "we should quickly hook Revis up with a supermodel." :rofl:

I don't talk to Brady personally, but I guarantee you that was the expectation. There's probably an expectation to spend on the defensive side of the ball as well.

I was thinking along the same lines, but someone else pointed out to me that it could also be a message to Welker. If TFB is willing to take a paycut maybe he doesn't need every last dollar either.

Either way TFB should get a ton of praise thrown his way for this. How can anyone ask more from their QB?

Best part is that no other Pat has the right to be insulted by a below-market offer. They may not accept it, but they have no right to get offended; they should accept or not as they think best.

That starts with Welker. Welker could still say to Tom, "Buddy, my career earnings are only a small fraction of yours, so I have to go for top dollar. Sorry." But he has to at least think about taking a below-market offer ...

... and that's even before we figure Wes' offer will get a lot closer to market than it otherwise would have been due to money coming straight from Brady's pocket.

It all starts at the very top with Brady leading by example putting team first.

I don't talk to Brady personally, but I guarantee you that was the expectation. There's probably an expectation to spend on the defensive side of the ball as well. Very hard not to like this one. Hopefully Brady doesn't decline before this contract is up and can retire on top.

Even if he does decline, he could still finish on top. He'll almost certainly consume a smaller percentage of the salary cap than he did in 2003-2004 after this deal. Plenty of money to build up the rest of the team.

Holy smokes.

:singing:

Hopefully Talib and Wes see this and follow suit, then fetch me Reed or Woodson and maybe Freeney.

Twitter's fun right now:

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
Stat of the day: Brady signs 3-yr, $27M extension w/ NE. One year ago, Mark Sanchez received a three-year, $40M extension from the #Jets

Twitter's fun right now:

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
Stat of the day: Brady signs 3-yr, $27M extension w/ NE. One year ago, Mark Sanchez received a three-year, $40M extension from the #Jets

The Jets are the gift that keeps on giving. It must be AWFUL to be a Jets fan. I mean, wow.

:D

Resign Welker, Talib, and Vollmer to long term deals. Sign a vet safety (Reed or Woodson). Sign a pass rush DT (Jenkins/Canty/Williams). Then call it a day.
be carefull what u wish for: : AGE, ATTITUDE AND MEDICAL ISSUES will factor into these equations

Twitter's fun right now:

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

wow...that was a great deal for the jets!

Dear Jets fan:

Tom Brady will count $13.8 million dollars against the cap this season. Mark Sanchez will count $12.85 million dollars against the cap this season.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely:
New England Patriots fans.

Opens up so many possibilities:

Sign Aquib 4 years 28 million.

Henry Melton, whatever it takes. Lets win those trenches. AA-HM-VW-CJ has so much power AND athleticism.

Wes Welker? Maybe. Jennings? Maybe, prefer Welker. Please stay away from Bowe and Wallace. The WR draft looks mighty fine and mighty deep.

Dashon Goldson(!!!!), J Byrd (too much overlap with DMC?), Phillips, Ed Reed.

Tag and trade Vollmer for 2 and 5.

Draft:
1 trade back for 2 and 3.
2A Markus Wheaton
2B Menelik Watson
2C Logan Ryan
3A Da'Rick Rogers
3B Cornelius Washington

be carefull what u wish for: : AGE, ATTITUDE AND MEDICAL ISSUES will factor into these equations

Yeah, I don't see BB getting reckless over this. I'm pretty confident he'll play this hand well.

Looks like you need to open a new "You be the GM" thread Deus. :D

I love Brady as much as the next guy, but I think his signing is the rare recognition of an athlete who understands that he is never going to be as good at 40 as he was at 25-30. By 2015 Brady will still be a very good QB, but its unlikely he'll be a $20/MM/yr QB What he's done is NOT take a hometown discount, but be willing to allow the Pats to pay him true value at the end his career, rather than overpay him for past services like we see so many athletes get at the end of their careers.

Well done Tom. You give me hope....and gave me another reason to confirm that he's is easily belongs among the pantheon of the very best of Boston's best athletes

I'd prefer Phillips at S and Canty sucks, but other than that I endorse this plan. Except maybe Vollmer...depends on Cannon, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes