PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REPORT: Seau To Join Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past Seau et al have been referred to Bridge Players, older HOF'ers who can help some of our young LB's.... I like his game, his ability and his presence on the field.. cannot get anyone much more intense than he is.

If true, we will only get better..

Count me among those not really understanding why we need Seau, unless we want to have a real chance to run the 3-4 for a dozen more snaps a game.

My thought was more 3-4 schemes as well. Shefter claimed he would be joining the team this week. Whether that is speculation based on the physical or something more remains to be seen.

I do think Seau adds intensity to a defense, whether on the field or from the sidelines. As such, he is a transaction that adds value (whether as player or motivator).

And with only one backup QB, they can probably afford the roster spot at this point.

Eh, why not? A little more 3-4, a little more flexibility. We'll take it. :cool:

Why sign Seau?
Before the season I was not high on Seau except as a shadow roster injury fill in. Of course that was before Bruschi suddenly retired.

#1. Gives us another ILB enabling flexibility to play 3-4 when appropriate for matchups. KEY
2. Good run defender, brings our massive goal line D, on paper, up to planetary class
3. He's better than our 53rd player
4. Great locker room, sideline and on field example and leader

All said, it's a wicked pissah move

Why sign Seau?
Before the season I was not high on Seau except as a shadow roster injury fill in. Of course that was before Bruschi suddenly retired.

#1. Gives us another ILB enabling flexibility to play 3-4 when appropriate for matchups. KEY
2. Good run defender, brings our massive goal line D, on paper, up to planetary class
3. He's better than our 53rd player
4. Great locker room, sideline and on field example and leader

All said, it's a wicked pissah move

whoa, whoa, WHOA. I mean, it's a solid move, but wicked pissah? Let's get a hold of ourselves. ;)

Schefter just twittered that it will happen next week, right after the Broncos game.

They originally were going to sign him this week, but put it off a week because he wouldn't be active for this week's game anyway. That is what Schefter is saying, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes