PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REPORT: Seau To Join Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Ian's Daily Blog - Chris Price of WEEI.com is reporting Sunday night that after a report of recently undergoing a physical for the Patriots this past week,*he will in fact*be rejoining the team as early as this week.The 40-year old Seau originally joined the Patriots back in 2006, although he missed much of*his first*year here*after breaking his forearm against [...]

They were obviously on the fence on this one, so Junior let a bull run over him on TV, the F.O. looked and remembered, "oh yeah, he's a freak", and signed his ass up.

I have lamented our former old linebackers as much as anyone, but Seau is definitely a freak of nature. I remember one of his last games where he was literally jumping up and down like a twelve year old trying to get back in the second half, while most normal players were draggin butt by that point.

One of a kind. Welcome back, Junior.

Welcome back!

Now that Slater is playing, Lockett is no longer needed.

I think that this a good thing. Having a vet like Jr. could help the younger guys during those tough games.

Heard this earlier today...this AM...I think good news as the D needs to have a vet to keep things together and take the D up a notch. I wonder if he will be playing a lot or some?? I still remember hearing "6 games" in him..with 12 plus playoffs that is a lot more. I still think he would be a great addition..with Lockett on the inactive list..he will be gone soon..Slater back in strong...Lockett gone.

I also don't expect to see him active until after the bye. It would be good to have him available for the five games after the bye, and then for the playoffs.

Last edited:
Luckily all reports indicate that the bull is O.K.

not sure this is true, I read somewhere the bull got hurt:D seriously no bull :D

ok maybe its bull

Last edited:
This might be a good move just having him around the locker-room and practice field for the next few weeks, even if he isn't active. Keep him to a very limited role and hopefully he can stay "fresh". Can we just please get him his ring this time round? :D

I don't really get this move. I like Junior and all, but I thought we were getting younger? Also, I don't think our run D is bad. It is those 3 and 7, 8, 9 or 10 that we still cannot get under control, and isn't Junior out on those types of plays?

I know this isn't what happened, and BB must have some logical reason for signing Junior, but I feel like Junior begged BB to take him back, and BB felt sorry for him and did so.

Count me among those not really understanding why we need Seau, unless we want to have a real chance to run the 3-4 for a dozen more snaps a game.

Maybe LB insurance is worth more OL/RB/S insurance.

Last edited:
I don't really get this move. I like Junior and all, but I thought we were getting younger? Also, I don't think our run D is bad. It is those 3 and 7, 8, 9 or 10 that we still cannot get under control, and isn't Junior out on those types of plays?

I know this isn't what happened, and BB must have some logical reason for signing Junior, but I feel like Junior begged BB to take him back, and BB felt sorry for him and did so.

one player does not ruin the youth movement. They likely wont dump someone with future potential. He will have a role and more importantly he will add to the depth at a position that is thin I wouldn't read much more into than that. look at more like he is replacing the role they assumed to Bruschi but his knees didn't allow him to take up.

sidenote: JSN the weekily changing sigs have been pretty good this one might be the best

Last edited:
So it's LaCanfora versus Schefter and WEEI (who independently confirmed Seau's signing). I think Canfora loses this one.

It Is What It Is Source: Seau to sign with the Patriots

Not sure they independently confirmed it Chris says according to ESPNBoston in that piece though it may just be reffering to last weeks visit and not the report itself. Maybe if Chris is lurking he can shed more info on the developements. Either La Conforna vs Schefter is an interesting duel like Vader VS Luke in more ways than one.

Maybe they're signing because he has some knowledge of the offense we're facing next week and what tricks they might pull.......

Maybe they're signing because he has some knowledge of the offense we're facing next week and what tricks they might pull.......

is this a joke :confused:

I would imagine BB has all the knowledge + much more than Seau would as far as McD maybe you can explain if you meant more than McD.

Last edited:
I love Junior and all, but I hope this doesn't get in the way of playing time for Guyton, who I believe has really stepped up in all facets of the game and has continued to improve.

Maybe this is a sign that we'll be playing a little more 3-4 and have a rotation of Guyton, Junior, and Mayo as our ILBs and move AD back outside. Whatever the case, I hope they stay aggressive like they were today and go after the offense.

I like this move. I think Seau will be a huge "locker room" presence as we move forward. Not so much now, but as we gel towards the end of the year when the stakes go up. We have some VERY young guys out there on D. A steadying force will come in handy down the road.

He'll get his snaps in game time, but I really don't think he's gonna be brought in because he'll change the complexion of the D. He'll play a situational role on the field and a big leadership role as we go forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye