PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Ryan Mallett Traded to Houston for late pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
More fail and spin.

Savage completed 19 passes. Had 1 TD vs 3rd stringers and 1 pick 6.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...sticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS
Savage completed 73% of his passes. Seems YOU are spinning that into "Tom Savage has looked absolutely lost" by listing one bad play. How exactly does who he is playing against have anything to do with 'looking absolutely lost"? I guess those 6 incompletions must have been REALLY bad.
Of course you ignore the fact that there is a starter who ran the offense all summer.
Go back to complaining about the Patriots like the true Jetfan that you are, it suits you better.

Savage completed 73% of his passes. Seems YOU are spinning that into "Tom Savage has looked absolutely lost" by listing one bad play. How exactly does who he is playing against have anything to do with 'looking absolutely lost"? I guess those 6 incompletions must have been REALLY bad.
Of course you ignore the fact that there is a starter who ran the offense all summer.
Go back to complaining about the Patriots like the true Jetfan that you are, it suits you better.

Too funny. As usual youre wrong.

Brady Quinn completed 100% of his passes, Connor Shaw 89%, GJ Kinne 85%. Like Savage, none of them will see the field in 2014. Wade Philips said neither Savage or Keenum earned the back up job so BOB had to go outside and trade for a QB.

Savage fetching Gatorade at TC helped him from not getting cut.

Fitzpatrick, the starter, says hello.
Savage completed 73% of his preseason passes.
You are, once again, just wrong.

Well, I didn't see any of Houston's preseason game, and I'm certainly not a big fan of Triumph, but I did read stuffed that panned Savage pretty hard.

Hmm. Looking it up, his first two games he was 6 for 8 for 22 yds, 0TDs 0 INTS. So, kinda meh.

Doesnt look like anything Mallet couldn't do!! :)

Triumph, I am well aware that you will give a disagree to every post I make but realize that your complete unwillingness to ever make a case as to why only cements your TROLL status. You never contribute anything of any substance to this forum and the only things you do post are intended to antagonize those posting here. It would be one thing if this were the worst organization in football, then you might have a case for only posting negative antagonistic crap every day, but this is the most successful organization in football and the only team in pro sports that can claim to be better is the San Antonio Spurs, so only spouting negative antagonistic crap can only be the hallmark of a no life TROLL who has absolutely nothing better to do, especially given that their own team, most likely the jets, sucks and will continue to suck.

I am only left with 1 burning question.... If they only got a 2016 conditional 7th rd. pick from Houston..... What the hell were the offers from the Cowboys and Bills?!?!?! A terrible towel and a kick in the nuts?

A source told me that the Bills wanted Mankins and Mallett for a kick in the nuts, but Belichick told them, "Get lost. I am the only one who gives people a kick in the nuts in the AFC East."

Coming from a lurking Houston fan, Savage was pretty bad/lost sans one game winning drive against Denver. He was definitely not ready to be a backup, Case was almost as bad so even though you guys say Mallet sucks, the passing plays I saw from him against Philly, was leaps and bounds better than those two guys. He seems to be an immediate upgrade.

Coming from a lurking Houston fan, Savage was pretty bad/lost sans one game winning drive against Denver. He was definitely not ready to be a backup, Case was almost as bad so even though you guys say Mallet sucks, the passing plays I saw from him against Philly, was leaps and bounds better than those two guys. He seems to be an immediate upgrade.

Right on, while I haven't liked anything that I've seen from him as a player, I think the more important point is that nobody has seen anything from him as a player. He hasn't played a meaningful NFL snap yet. I think we'll all be rooting for him to succeed when he gets a chance, though. There's some raw physical talent there, for sure. He's a bit of a throwback as far as QB prospects go, and I haven't seen any evidence that he has any touch on his throws, but him becoming a capable starter wouldn't be the craziest thing I've ever seen.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Well, I didn't see any of Houston's preseason game, and I'm certainly not a big fan of Triumph, but I did read stuffed that panned Savage pretty hard.

Hmm. Looking it up, his first two games he was 6 for 8 for 22 yds, 0TDs 0 INTS. So, kinda meh.

Doesnt look like anything Mallet couldn't do!! :)

That wasn't the point.
Someone said mallet had a leg up to play because he knew the system. I pointed out the other QBs had a full camp running the system. Triumph jumped in with irrelevant comments to be his normal douchebag.

Too funny. As usual youre wrong.

Brady Quinn completed 100% of his passes, Connor Shaw 89%, GJ Kinne 85%. Like Savage, none of them will see the field in 2014. Wade Philips said neither Savage or Keenum earned the back up job so BOB had to go outside and trade for a QB.

Savage fetching Gatorade at TC helped him from not getting cut.

Jet fan trolling again.

What does Brady Quinn have to do with Mallet knowing the system better the QBs who ran it all camp?

Is Ryan Fitzpatrick not going to play?

Your strawman arguments make you look foolish.

Jet fan trolling again.

What does Brady Quinn have to do with Mallet knowing the system better the QBs who ran it all camp?

Is Ryan Fitzpatrick not going to play?

Your strawman arguments make you look foolish.

Wrong should be your middle name.

Ive been in Houston Texas through this whole ordeal. Watched Texans games and followed commentary closely. Mallet immediately jumps past Savage as # 2 QB despite your ridicoulus claims about Savage running training camp.

Coming from a lurking Houston fan, Savage was pretty bad/lost sans one game winning drive against Denver. He was definitely not ready to be a backup, Case was almost as bad so even though you guys say Mallet sucks, the passing plays I saw from him against Philly, was leaps and bounds better than those two guys. He seems to be an immediate upgrade

That wasn't the point.
Someone said mallet had a leg up to play because he knew the system. I pointed out the other QBs had a full camp running the system. Triumph jumped in with irrelevant comments to be his normal douchebag.

They are correct and youre wrong.

OK, let's all wait to see if and when Mallett becomes the starter. From the Pats standpoint if he takes more than 40% of the snaps the lousy 7th round pick upgrades to a lousy 6th round pick who still doesn't have a shot at making the team.

They are correct and youre wrong.
Well that was the discussion, but you have not made a single valid point. Nice try Jetfan.

Ive been in Houston Texas through this whole ordeal. Watched Texans games and followed commentary closely. Mallet immediately jumps past Savage as # 2 QB despite your ridicoulus claims about Savage running training camp.
Passing a rookie is meaningless. That does not do anything to show he 'has a leg up on the other QBs" particularly Fitzpatrick who IS THE STARTER. Nice try Jetfan.

Ah yes, yet another disagree from triumph with no substance to back it up. Here's the thing triumph, you cited deus earlier as an example of someone battling the "*********** homers" but if anyone tried to call deus out as a troll he could simply show them literally thousands of substantive relevant posts as well as thousands where he was actually supporting this team and you can do neither. The only posts you make are glib little sh.tty blurbs that are usually irrelevant and always wrong. Your sole purpose here is to troll and antagonize.

Good luck to your jets

Later douchebag

Triumph, it seems like people are onto something here. Is this what you are all about? Are you angry? Have you failed at something and are bitter and lashing out because you see happy, successful, fulfilled people talking about something they love? Also, talking about a pastime with millionaire athletes?

Are you a Jets fan just here to start trouble? That seems kinda lame. Don't you have a life or any respect for yourself? How about a hobby more interesting that trolling another fans message board? A job? A girlfriend? Some sort of life?

Something that takes precedence over this. This is not a good existence for you.

Last edited:
OK, let's all wait to see if and when Mallett becomes the starter. From the Pats standpoint if he takes more than 40% of the snaps the lousy 7th round pick upgrades to a lousy 6th round pick who still doesn't have a shot at making the team.

No shot?

You-know-who was a 6th plus 6ths & 7ths Edelman, Ebner, Dennard, Buchannon, Zach Moore...

Most ironic post ever. You go on and on and on and on and on about how much Belichick sucks when he has been the most successful NFL coach of this era and you are calling Andy "Wrong" ?The only person who is wrong as often as you are "Triumph" is Borges, and i think his percentage of being right is actually probably higher.

Unbelievable.

FWIW, BOB has announced that Mallett is the no. 2 QB behind Fitzpatrick.

I think it only a matter of time before he gets a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back