PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Revis to Bucs, pending physical

Status
Not open for further replies.
good deal for the jets for a player coming of ACL and strapped with cash. Draft picks are gold.

Yes, it is.

But $15 million and 3 picks for one player?

I bet that secondary is better off with, say, Rodgers-Cromartie and millions to spend and 3 picks.

Likely not going to pick a player as good as Revis. A lot to give up, but tampa hasn't been great at drafting. This is a move taking a step towards contending. Rodgers-Cromartie is only okay. I'd rather take the real deal and get Revis if I'm the bucs.

This is a horrendous deal for the Bucs. I don't see how you can spin it any other way.

It's just too much money to pay a CB. Add in the injury risk, and potentially three picks...

No thanks

This is a horrendous deal for the Bucs. I don't see how you can spin it any other way.

It's just too much money to pay a CB. Add in the injury risk, and potentially three picks...

No thanks

I see it as more of a risk/reward tradeoff. Instant huge improvement to the defense at a big price. Definitely worth the draft picks. Big bucks, but ZERO guaranteed is some protection for the Bucs. Apologies to Vince, but Pats don't have a difference-maker close to that caliber on D and it shows. Like most personnel moves, gotta give it a few years to play out.

Schefter saying ZERO guaranteed money in his new deal :eek:

lol let's see a link

nobody would sign that deal

Seemingly, Revis did...he wanted out of that cesspit bad:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
Darrelle Revis received a 6-yr deal from the Bucs that makes him highest paid DB in NFL history but includes NO guaranteed money. None.

BUT:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3s
Darrelle signed six-year, $96 million deal with Bucs. This year he will make $16 million. Makes $16 million each year. Ripped up old deal.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Best CB since Deion Sanders, still way too much money, he'll definitely help their D alot though.

Can't be true

Nobody would sign for nothing guaranteed. The contract is essentially worthless and could be torn up any time.

OT: Revis traded to Bucs for #1 and conditional #3 or #4

New contract, no guaranteed money.

Oops, sorry, just saw the prior post.

Last edited:
So we can cross off the bucs for any success come playoffs for the next 6 years. That much $$ a year for a CB who just tore up his knee....

Can't be true

It is true

So we can cross off the bucs for any success come playoofs for the next 6 years.

They don't have a $20 million dollar QB, so they can afford a big ticket player somewhere else.

They don't have a $20 million dollar QB, so they can afford a big ticket player somewhere else.

But that big ticket item on D will not make them a SB contender like a high caliber QB could. Which is why i think it's a horrible deal for them. ya he will help their D but put them over the top..no single CB will do that. I think they would have been better off getting 2 very solid starters for that $$ and keeping the picks

But that big ticket item on D will not make them a SB contender like a high caliber QB could. Which is why i think it's a horrible deal for them. ya he will help their D but put them over the top..no single CB will do that

Bucs have the makings of a good team though:
Freeman is decent, Jackson is a very good WR and Doug Martin could be something special.

They have a pretty decent pass rush, Lavonte David at one of the LB spots and now have Revis, Goldson & Barron in the secondary.

But that big ticket item on D will not make them a SB contender like a high caliber QB could. Which is why i think it's a horrible deal for them. ya he will help their D but put them over the top..no single CB will do that. I think they would have been better off getting 2 very solid starters for that $$ and keeping the picks

Most teams don't have elite QBs. If you don't have the QB, you don't have the QB. There's no need to save the money. Try improving the rest of your team. It's really the only way to go about it, in the absence of having the QB.

Or, to put it another way....

If you've got Captain Buttfumble under center, you've got to have a hell of a defense if you're going to be a contender.

Freeman needs to be more than decent..especially in that division with ATL and Saints ( i think they will be better this year)

There's no need to save the money. Try improving the rest of your team. It's really the only way to go about it, in the absence of having the QB.

Which is why i think they would have been better off taking that $$ and putting it twords say 2 players and save the picks. If revis didn't tear ACL then i may have liked the move more.

Great news for the Bucs and the rest of the AFC East. Now somebody goat Rex Ryan into using both their 1st rounders on QBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back