PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Pats Meeting With Visanthe Shiancoe Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does that "cheapskate Pats" crack mean?...is that sarcasm?

Wow, the Eagles were a better choice for him playing wise, he chose to be part of the craziest offense assembled, I like him for that. Looks like were keeping 4 TEs later in the season, he's better than Fells even though he's only got a year or two left.

1. Gronk
2. Hernandez
3. Shiancoe
4. Fells-PUP
5. Ballard-IR

Last edited:
Another nice depth-veteran signing by Pats. Let Fells take his time on PUP to heal.

BB taking no chances not having 2 good TE's available when he needs them.

BB wants to sign every other teams starting TE it seems

Name - 2011 starts - Team
Bo Scaife - 11 starts - Titans
Daniel Fells - 15 starts - Broncos
Visanthe Shiancoe - 14 starts - Vikings
Jake Ballard - 13 starts - Giants
Gronk - 16 starts - Patriots (contract extension)

Attempted:
Dallas Clark - 10 starts - Colts

Were there any other teams that even lost a starting TE that we didn't look at?

Last edited:
Do not understand this one at all.

Despite having a bunch on the roster, Hernandez is the only one close to 100% healthy...and who knows how close that is. I'm sure Gronk is going to have a light workload in camp any way (at least initially).

Still don't think this guy makes the roster.

I will admit that I suppose I'm not to fond of this simply because I remember him being interviewed on NY channel the week of the Super Bowl and saying "go Giants" :p

what does that "cheapskate Pats" crack mean?...is that sarcasm?

Yup. It's quite possible that Shiancoe was motivated more by who made the better offer than by anything else, and while any writers and posters view the Pats as "cheap" they generally pay better than most NFL teams for roster depth.

Yup. It's quite possible that Shiancoe was motivated more by who made the better offer than by anything else, and while any writers and posters view the Pats as "cheap" they generally pay better than most NFL teams for roster depth.

thought so...but can't tell on this board without a noted bracket

Despite having a bunch on the roster, Hernandez is the only one close to 100% healthy...and who knows how close that is. I'm sure Gronk is going to have a light workload in camp any way (at least initially).

Still don't think this guy makes the roster.

I will admit that I suppose I'm not to fond of this simply because I remember him being interviewed on NY channel the week of the Super Bowl and saying "go Giants" :p

Gronkowski passed his physical otherwise he'd have been PUPed like Fells was.

Everyone knows that Ballard is heading to the IR after the cutdown to 75.

It will be interesting to see of Fells starts the season on the PUP or if he comes off during camp.

over or under 3 more TEs coming in?

really...I could care less how many TE's they bring in ..or safeties, or CB's or D linemen or whoever...BB's building a roster the same as he has done for the past ten years...as long as he doesn't bring in the ol' gunslinger, Farver, to play backup QB I'm not gonna stress any of this crap

Maybe BB is getting ready to unleash a never before seen 4 TE set...:D

yeah...the landmine offense...the QB tales two steps and four TE's split off the line like frags punching holes in the D....(and then I woke up.....:eek:)

I think his affinity for the two TE set mandates that you be damn sure you have 3 available at all times. 4 might be a luxury but if one of them can/might start out on PUP...

Just hope this one works out. All that's left is Shockey...:bricks:

I read yesterday besides a drop in the midst of many catches he looked fast and fit and very good out of his breaks in his Eagles workout.

Maybe BB is getting ready to unleash a never before seen 4 TE set...:D

4 TEs? At this rate, there might be formations where it is Brady and 10 TEs on the field.

4 TEs? At this rate, there might be formations where it is Brady and 10 TEs on the field.

It's the 1-10 offense... the only possible answer to Grid's "245" Amorphous D! :D

Fells is not a roster lock - healthy or not. He's definitely not above bringing in competition for the job. Fells can probably block better than Shiancoe and that may be enough to make the team but if Shiancoe can still play he's probably the better player.

Another nice depth-veteran signing by Pats. Let Fells take his time on PUP to heal.

BB taking no chances not having 2 good TE's available when he needs them.

Exactly. When you run lots of 2 TE sets you need to carry an extra TE, Shiancoe is very talented, this is a really good signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back