PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Patriots to Play Rams in London for 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rates lower than international Cricket & international Rugby Union, but in terms of leagues only Sky's ratings usually go along the lines of:

1. Premier League (Soccer)
2. NPower Championship (Soccer)
2. Super League (Rugby League)
3. NFL
4. Guinness Premiership (Rugby Union)
5. CB40 (Cricket)

In day to day terms for people talking about it etc American Football is quite down the pecking order.

That's about right. But CB40 more popular than the SPL??? Don't make me laugh.

I know it's early but does anyone know about tickets etc yet? And how much they would cost. Absolutely buzzing for this, just need to find someone to go with...

That's how Sky's ratings tend to be, the SPL is on at an early time usually but because the seasons don't run alongside each other it's hard to tell, probably right though the CB40 isn't as big as they hoped it would be.

I know it's early but does anyone know about tickets etc yet? And how much they would cost. Absolutely buzzing for this, just need to find someone to go with...

Think they're between 45-100, although based on the stadium map someone put up on another forum yesterday the best seats are the £75 ones, top tier but down the sideline (until the Club Wembley seats become available, those seats are perfect).

Now I've a question for anyone who's been to Wembley before...how is it for leg room? Being 6'8" I have problems with some stadiums (Old Trafford is terrible for it) with actually being able to sit comfortably.

That's how Sky's ratings tend to be, the SPL is on at an early time usually but because the seasons don't run alongside each other it's hard to tell, probably right though the CB40 isn't as big as they hoped it would be.

Think they're between 45-100, although based on the stadium map someone put up on another forum yesterday the best seats are the £75 ones, top tier but down the sideline (until the Club Wembley seats become available, those seats are perfect).

Now I've a question for anyone who's been to Wembley before...how is it for leg room? Being 6'8" I have problems with some stadiums (Old Trafford is terrible for it) with actually being able to sit comfortably.

Can't imagine you ever get properly comfortable at your size. I'm 6'2, and for what it's worth, I don't recall there being a problem with leg room in either cheap seats or the slightly more fancy ones.

In old trafford it's okay to just kick the seat in front off its hinges.

The SPL is bigger, but like you said ratings can't really be judged properly. The Old Firms will generate enormous ratings, but if it's St Johnstone v Hibs on a Sunday at 12.00 then nobody will watch it, whereas the Cricket games will all have roughly the same amount of viewers no matter who is playing.

Thanks! Will I be able to get one easily or is it just luck/ a ballot? And one more question, should I book a Thomson package, or just pay for it all separately?

Wembley has by far the most leg room of any stadium i've ever been to (and i've been to a lot, travel to most Wigan Athletic away games).

I remember when they were building the stadium they said the regular seats in the new stadium have more leg room than the Royal box in the Old Wembley.

The SPL is bigger, but like you said ratings can't really be judged properly. The Old Firms will generate enormous ratings, but if it's St Johnstone v Hibs on a Sunday at 12.00 then nobody will watch it, whereas the Cricket games will all have roughly the same amount of viewers no matter who is playing.

Thanks! Will I be able to get one easily or is it just luck/ a ballot? And one more question, should I book a Thomson package, or just pay for it all separately?

I would say no to the Thompson package. It starts at £200. The cheapest tickets will be ~£50 so you're paying £150 for a rubbish hotel? My advice is to get a cheapish hotel in central London, and get the tube in to the ground. I've done this a few times (other times i've got the coach there and back because I needed to be back on Monday).

I would say no to the Thompson package. It starts at £200. The cheapest tickets will be ~£50 so you're paying £150 for a rubbish hotel? My advice is to get a cheapish hotel in central London, and get the tube in to the ground. I've done this a few times (other times i've got the coach there and back because I needed to be back on Monday).

Yeah, was thinking that. They were wanting 400 quid for 2 nights in a 3* hotel and that didnt include travel. Will probably book a travellodge near Wembley and then I can get better seats with the money saved from getting a good hotel. Flights shouldn't be too expensive from Glasgow I'd imagine. Thanks for all the help!

I heard yesterday that the NFL used to be the 19th most popular sport in Great Britain before games went to London and now it's cracking the top 10. So this is definitely making an impact.

I'm not a big fan of London games, but I view this as a positive for the Patriots because the crowd will be split in their loyalties.

That stat is rubbish mate. The NFL was very popular over here for 25 years before the first IS game. The BAFL has been going for a long while now, and that wouldn't have got going in the first place without the proper support.

SPL isn't on sky at the minute. So as far as ratings go yes it is.

Last edited:
That is what I hate most about people from the UK. They can't even speak English right.

Wouldn't it be..."They can't speak English correctly?"

Not so good are you... ;)

Re the hotels thing- you should be able to pick something up for a reasonable price in Outer London, or just outside, for £70 per night or less. Mrs Cat and I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Borehamwood last year and it was perfectly fine. From there, you can catch the train and then change on to the Tube.

On another note, I found drinking in and around Wembley to be unpleasant, because the pubs/bars were so rammed. If you're the kind of person who's OK with long queues and very little breathing space, then you'll be fine. Otherwise, I'd recommend having some beers elsewhere and travelling in.

Last edited:
Wembley has by far the most leg room of any stadium i've ever been to (and i've been to a lot, travel to most Wigan Athletic away games).

I remember when they were building the stadium they said the regular seats in the new stadium have more leg room than the Royal box in the Old Wembley.

Is the Pear Tree still in existence? I had school friends in Wigan and we went there quite a few times, but that was over twenty years ago. :eek:

I really hope I can get myself and my girlfriend tickets to this!

Although, I really wish I could get a press pass to photograph it.

Club Wembley seats reduced from £129 to £100.

That will do for me, easily the best view in the stadium from there.

Is the Pear Tree still in existence? I had school friends in Wigan and we went there quite a few times, but that was over twenty years ago. :eek:

I think so, but I don't go in there. Moon Under Water is my usual.

I'm aiming for lower sideline or EZ.

Hmmm, I might actually consider those. I don't think there's as much interest this time around- a lot of guys who play on the team for which I do stats have said they won't be going. I think there will be a predominance of Pats fans this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes