PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REPORT: Patriots Add WR Austin Collie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Austin Collie signed

People, what's with all the confusion? When Edleman breaks his wrist next week everyone will look back and call this a genius move.

Disclaimer: I don't wish injuries upon anyone, nor will I experience any joy should my prediction of an injury come true. I hope Edelman avoids the injury bug this season.

He won't be here for long. I'd be surprised if he's active for Sunday.

I don't get the bashing of this guy to be honest. He's a talent and, if it wasn't for his concussions, I would love the signing. He was able to flourish in a Manning-led system and that would bode well for ours.

However, as mentioned on here repetitively, I wish he'd retire. He has had one concussion too many and you have to imagine he's risking his health being out there. Not quite sure what Bill is thinking.

Tennessee Williams approves this signing!
Yoiu can never have too many appropriate literary references.

I've read the thread and there is only one possible logical explanation for this very curious move. Dobsom and Amendola aren't going to be ready for this game.. Otherwise it makes no sense if both or either are gong to play.

BTW- anyone know if Collie plays special teams?

Think I liked my Ogletree idea better, but not surprised.

Something's gotta be up with Amendola or Dobson. Pats don't feel confident enough. Either Amendola's going to give us a couple of games then be done again, and this is just a safety net, or Dobson's a bit more shaken up than they're willing to admit and isn't ready to go.

Don't like this move. For all the practice time that it will take to get him comfortable with the playbook, he'll play maybe a game or two before suffering a season-ending concussion. This is not to even mention the fact that I'm going to feel queasy watching him, knowing that there's a very good chance that his next concussion is the one that ensures he won't be able to remember his family's names when he's 40. The guy should retire, and while it's his call not to, watching him while knowing what he's in line for is going to make Patriots games less enjoyable, for sure.

I don't get the bashing of this guy to be honest. He's a talent and, if it wasn't for his concussions, I would love the signing. He was able to flourish in a Manning-led system and that would bode well for ours.

However, as mentioned on here repetitively, I wish he'd retire. He has had one concussion too many and you have to imagine he's risking his health being out there. Not quite sure what Bill is thinking.

I don't think folks are bashing. The fact that he played with Manning actually explains why he was signed over others - he's played in a complicated, timing offense before and excelled until serious injuries derailed him. I think folks are just surprised (by the Pats giving him a chance, and him even wanting to play), given his injury risks.

Think I liked my Ogletree idea better, but not surprised.

Something's gotta be up with Amendola or Dobson. Pats don't feel confident enough. Either Amendola's going to give us a couple of games then be done again, and this is just a safety net, or Dobson's a bit more shaken up than they're willing to admit and isn't ready to go.

Or it could just be, you know, insurance.

Seems to be a lot of over reacting in this thread both the to roster depth and to his concussions.

Maybe I am just nieve but While he did have some major concussions he was out last year with a Patella injury so would that not give his head more time to clear? Thats his risk and now with the litigation settled there is no reason to think he doesnt have all the concussion facts and its his choice to continue.

We need him for short term Depth until 4 of our WRs get healthy. I highly doubt with the improvements of the rooks over the last week or two that he is being brought in to take any reps from them.

He should be the type of player who can grasp things quick as he did it in Indy his rookie year. Hopefully we dont need him but a decent short term depth signing. And while there is injury risk you weren't finding a better talent on the street right now hopefully he holds up.

This kid is risking his life...I wish he'd just retire.

Same here, I wish the guy all the best but I know I'll be cringing every time he goes over the middle and takes a hit.

Besides, the passing game has actually looked pretty good since halfway through the Tampa game

Welcome, Austin. Hope he doesn't ever see the field for the Patriots.

Collie can play but the Concussions.:nono:

Supposedly a dentist named Gerald Maher makes mouthguards for some of the team. He claims his design is superior in preventing or lessening concussions. Some of his former clients like Cassel and Vrabel swore by him. If it works, this should be one of Collie's first visits when he arrives. I'm not sure if the team still sends players to this dentist.

Brady will turn him into Offensive Player of the Week this week.....

Can never have enough short white and injury prone wide outs. What's Blair White up to these days?

Supposedly a dentist named Gerald Maher makes mouthguards for some of the team. He claims his design is superior in preventing or lessening concussions. Some of his former clients like Cassel and Vrabel swore by him. If it works, this should be one of Collie's first visits when he arrives. I'm not sure if the team still sends players to this dentist.

I believe the mouthpieces are standard issue with the NEP. They are useful for preventing a certain type of concussion, but not all the flavors of head trauma that the NFL has to offer.

Can never have enough short white and injury prone wide outs. What's Blair White up to these days?

At 6'1" 204, I wouldn't exactly call Collie short. The rest of your sentence holds 100% truth.

Well played. :yo:

Keep Sean Morey on speed dial.

Well know this Austin Collie you ain't gettin Aaron Dobson's #17.:beatingcoming::D

Matthew Slater WR Wrist DNP
Danny Amendola WR Groin Limited
Aaron Dobson WR Neck Limited
Kenbrell Thompkins WR Shoulder Limited

Austin Collie WR (_______, ________)

Just getting it ready...we all know why. :rolleyes:

I know most everyone think this is a weird signing but I don't mind it. To me it just adds depth. God forbid Amendola and Edelman are both out Austin Collie isn't a bad guy to have. That's just my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back