PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REPORT: Patriots Add WR Austin Collie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Austin Collie signed

Probably just cover. If Amendola and Dobson can't go Sunday it would leave just Edelman, Thompkins and Boyce as the receivers. Really can't be going into this game with 3 WR.

If either can go expect Collie to be inactive and then released Monday. If Lavelle Hawkins hadn't signed with the Chargers yesterday, I think he would be here instead.

It really is a shame also what all the concussions did to his career. He had 58 receptions 649 yards 9 TDs in 9 games in 2010. He was becoming a beast until Peyton's over the middle ducks ruined his career.

No kidding. When I see the name Austin Collie, I have two images stuck in my head; nice plays and getting lit up over the middle.

I hope it's just so Bill can sit him down in a room and tell him he needs to call it a day before his brain becomes even more mush than it already is.

He missed all of last season with a patella injury or something and it was a pretty serious injury. Obviously, we need some depth at WR as Edelman has never played a full season ever and neither has AmeninjuryDola. Its low risk and high reward, teh same way BB has done it for years. The only question in my mind is if he is smart enough to run the routes properly and if TB12 can get comfortable enough to throw the ball his way. I think it is a good signing.

And then there's the possibility that Ridley was placed on IR, which would be yet another blow. Hope this one isn't the case. Looks like he won't be playing this week regardless given that it's the 2nd practice he missed. This knee injury seemed to catch people by surprise, as no one had reported it before Belichick's injury report yesterday.

It was reported that it was thigh bruise and it wasn't considered anything serious.

Matthew Slater WR Wrist DNP
Danny Amendola WR Groin Limited
Aaron Dobson WR Neck Limited
Kenbrell Thompkins WR Shoulder Limited

I can't imagine why given the obvious reasons.

Gotta admire his heart but I think someone needs to step in and save this guy from himself.

Tennessee Williams approves this signing!

It really is a shame also what all the concussions did to his career. He had 58 receptions 649 yards 9 TDs in 8 games in 2010. He was becoming a beast until Peyton's over the middle ducks ruined his career.

To be fair the Colts letting him rush back to play against the Pats 2 weeks after suffering a major concussion likely played just as big a role in his current issues.

It was reported that it was thigh bruise and it wasn't considered anything serious.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that, makes me feel a lot better.

And let me send another compliment on your signature pic, I crack up every time I see it!

Curious signing. I really wish he would just retire. The guy is already looking at being a complete vegetable in his 50's, if he even makes it that far. I wonder what this means for the health of Amendola.

That was my thought as well when I read this - Rent-A-Wreck (sorry Austin) for a few months because things don't look promising for a quick return by Amendola? A curious signing because I think things are looking up with the rooks, and I was just thinking that going with a bunch of rookies was a gamble that appears to be paying off. Hmmm...

Matthew Slater WR Wrist DNP
Danny Amendola WR Groin Limited
Aaron Dobson WR Neck Limited
Kenbrell Thompkins WR Shoulder Limited

Yeah, maybe it isn't just BB playing with the injury report...

Needs Defensive Tackle, signs Slot Receiver. Not sure if serious...

On a serious note, I sincerely hope Collie knows what he is doing given his well documented health issues.

REPORT: Patriots Add WR Austin Collie
By: Ian Logue

The Patriots have apparently opted to bring in a veteran receiver, with Field Yates of ESPN Boston reporting that the team has signed veteran Austin Collie....

He is used to complicated offensive systems, give him a chance... but injuries are a concern.

Not sure why he would not retire...

Maybe to get info on peyton and/or Indy?

Collie can play but the Concussions.:nono:

Huh, well. I certainly don't feel like turning cartwheels over this one but maybe he can help. He is so concussion prone though, it makes me nervous.

First of all I trust BB not to sign a guy who sees two or three balls coming at him from two or three different QBs. Obviously he is cleared to play football, so let’s just put some faith into our front office’s decisions.

As a side note, with regards to depth at WR, we still have Mark Harrison stashed somewhere, on some designation. I’m not sure what the deal with him is, but he’s a freak. If someone can enlighten me/us on his status, I would greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back