PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report of 59 fights in Stands

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who have had a few and are riled up at a game can do the most incredibly stupid things, even if they are Marines or 59 yr. old Jehovah's Witnesses.

If you watch the video, you can see the cowboy fan is on his back during the incident. People don't generally attack others at random. It always take 2 to tango. While this Cowboys fan should not have brought this weapon into the stadium nor discharged it, these jets fans were far from innocent. The man clearly felt threatened and from his positioning in the video, I can see why.

==================================================

I would suggest the video does not show the initial contact or tell the whole story.

The fans attacked the Cowboy after he tased the Marine, the Cowboy then tased who ever he could at that point.

There was only one person arrested and charged with assault.

Seriously, you are at a game on the aniversary of 9/11 iand some doofus tasers a marine and sends him tumbling down the stairs. What to do?

There was big mele at the Jets game also. Tasers and everything.

Read more: Cowboys fan uses Taser gun on Jets crowd at MetLife Stadium despite security on 9/11 anniversary

I thought Gary Myers later piece, appearing in this morning's Daily News (subscriber here) was more measured, and suggested that the encounter might have been more complex than the earlier article suggested. His concluding comment: "...at some point, people have to start respecting one another, regardless of what jersey they're wearing."

The tone of this, later, article, is very different from the earlier version's.

In other words, this wasn't necessarily an out of control Cowboys' fan, but, no matter how wrong he was to have the stun gun in the first place, a case of someone defending himself from attack because he was wearing a Cowboys' Jersey, in what we would all, nonetheless, agree was a misguided and illegal form of defense.

Read more: Leroy McKelvey's use of Taser gun on fans in Jets crowd another example of declining fan behavior

I would suggest the video does not show the initial contact or tell the whole story.

The fans attacked the Cowboy after he tased the Marine, the Cowboy then tased who ever he could at that point.

Seriously, you are at a game on the aniversary of 9/11 iand some doofus tasers a marine and sends him tumbling down the stairs. What to do?

You may suggest that, but you are wrong. The cowboys fan is on the ground at the begining of the video. You can actually hear the guy get tazed later on, then hear the Jet's fans reaction to it. Sounds like you're swallowing whatever they're spinning on the Jet's boards hook line and sinker.

I think this is sadly going to end up a case of people seeing what they want to see. Unfortunately, the reputation of some Jets' fans for their behavior in the old stadium makes it hard to think this is a one-sided story.

But, as I said, I doubt there will be any resolution that satisfies everyone. But I do agree that the guy should suffer the consequences of carrying that weapon illegally.

Who cares who started it, I'm guessing there were cases of both drunk New Yorker a-holes and drunk Texan a-holes starting fights. I haven't yet been to a game where someone hasn't gotten drunk and stupid.

As for who gets charged, it's usually not good being the visiting fan. Call it officiating bias of whatever.

I wasn't witness to the event let alone in the same state when the event in discussion happened.

My view is simply knee jerk to the reports i read.

I concede that my view may be wrong, but do not admit to that.

That said I think I will shut my big mouth.:)

there was about that many fights in the Raiders-Broncos game.

Only difference is that the Raider fans bring guns to theirs. :eek:

Only 59?

That actually doesn't seem to high. Look, you have 75,000 drunk people in the stands in 90 degree weather and they watched their team "sh!t the bed" from the half on. That total doesn't seem bad.

The fan stories I hate are the ones where people bring knives and tasers and all that crap. No call for that crap.

Fist pumps and sun glasses at night.
What a dbag.
Sparano, have you seen that sunglasses at night miller lite commercial?
It's about you.

You do understand why he wears sunglasses, right?

The reason for the melee at Dolphin stadium was as of a result of Animal Planet announcing on the jumbotron during the 3rd quarter that the TV show Flipper would not be shown on TV this seen despite an announcement by Dolphin GM Ireland last week that it would be.

=======================================================

That is not accurate, according to reports the marine never layed a finger on him, the cowboy fan initated the fight when he shot the marine in the neck with his illegally possessed taser.

The Cowboy fan was at fault here and the only one arrested.

The Cowboy Fan brings in an illegal weapon and won't stand for the national athem. The bible thumping piece of sh*t deserved what he got and hopefully does some real jail time.

Fist pumps and sun glasses at night.
What a dbag.
Sparano, have you seen that sunglasses at night miller lite commercial?
It's about you.

He has to wear sunglasses at night bc his eyes are light sensitive caused by a cooking accident that happened when he was a teenager dude.

===========

Yea, it was a very odd and unusual situation.

Try the link I posted it helps to explain what happened.

I don't find it odd or unusual. The Marine was offended by the POS Cowboys fan who didn't take off his hat for the National Anthem or for the playing of Taps. The Marine had every right to be pissed. The Marine probably told him to go piss himself since he (McKelvey) hadn't shown respect for the people who had given their lives. McKelvey's reaction was BS since I am fairly certain that there are 2 exits from the every row.

The fact that the guy's son has tried to put the blame on Rex Ryan is laughable. The claim that the guy is such a devout Jehovah Witness is also laughable. Such a devout person wouldn't own a stun gun, let alone sneak it into the Stadium.

There is more to the story than that. A few Jets fans, including this marine, gave this 59 year old man a beating because he is a Jehovah's Witness who wouldn't stand for the National Anthem.

Fan uses illegal Taser at Dallas Cowboys-New York Jets game - ESPN New York

The marine did NOT attack the Cowboy's fan and that article doesn't support the idea that he did.

What is funny is that the guy's son actually reports a different story than what witnesses say happened. How the hell would the son know when he was in a different part of the Stadium?

The Cowboy Fan brings in an illegal weapon and won't stand for the national athem. The bible thumping piece of sh*t deserved what he got and hopefully does some real jail time.

Yeah, screw that freedom crap and those stupid bill of rights bull****. If
the Marines say it ain't right, then goddamn it, it ain't right! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Please post again in this thread so we know you weren't obliterated by a lightning bolt from the skies...

O'er the land of the free... except for that dude. Kick his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back