REPORT: No Brady For Thursday Night Preseason Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
REPORT: No Brady For Thursday Night Preseason Opener

Ian Logue

According to NFL Media's Mike Garafolo, it looks like Bill Belichick will sit veteran quarterback Tom Brady for their first exhibition game of the year, giving more reps to Garoppolo as he continues preparing to start the first four games of 2016.

Continue reading...

Great...I'm wearing my new #12 hat anyway...and I think everybody else should buy one and do the same this season."To Hell With Goodell" should be the cry the entire season

Add Gronk and Edelman to the list of reported spectators.

No surprise to me...any of them. I wouldn't mind seeing High and Collins sit this one out, but somebody has to play, I suppose. Can't bench the whole team.

Trade him.

Dude is 39 year olds. I am 100% okay with this.

This! I'm a couple of years younger than Brady but I already feel like I might break playing horse with my 2 kids. I can't imagine what football will do to your body that this age.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Just don't get hurt out there, JG. It'd be a helluva challenge to scrape 2-2 with Brissett or a free agent left over.

Great...I'm wearing my new #12 hat anyway...and I think everybody else should buy one and do the same this season."To Hell With Goodell" should be the cry the entire season
That's a good idea for supporting him and the team without having any money going to the league. I'm just not a fan of that style of hat ( from what I can see). I wish he had more styles. How do you like it?

This feels like a no-brainer to me. Brady knows what he's doing and at his age could use the extra rest. Jimmy, on the other hand, needs all the reps he can get before the start of the season. He won't have the luxury of improving over the course of a full season. He needs to hit the ground running those four games, both for the team's sake and for his future earnings.

Drew Brees said yesterday that he was playing one series. I imagine if it's a 3 and out, he might be sent back in for a second series.

I hope they use the right paint.;)

Last edited:
Drew Brees said yesterday that he was playing one series. I imagine if it's a 3 and out, he might be sent back in for a second series.

I hope they use the right paint.;)

Brees isn't playing at all anymore.

Hard to make the team if you aren't playing.

Damn, QB controversy before the preseason even starts

Maybe Kellerman was right?

This feels like a no-brainer to me. Brady knows what he's doing and at his age could use the extra rest. Jimmy, on the other hand, needs all the reps he can get before the start of the season. He won't have the luxury of improving over the course of a full season. He needs to hit the ground running those four games, both for the team's sake and for his future earnings.
Agreed...but I just don't want him playing too long behind the backup line, unless he's practicing handing the ball off...

Hard to make the team if you aren't playing.
Yeah, he's just a little bit ****y if you ask me...a few laps and some push-ups might be just what the doctor ordered...

Hey Fnard...section 227..row 12..bring it...dont sing it...your pal..Killer Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back