PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: NFLPA Investigating Patriots Over Malcolm Butler’s OTA Absence Read more at: http://nesn.co

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're in the cross-hairs, you're in the cross-hairs.
Yeah, just ask Bob Kraft. He's in the cross-hairs of plenty of people around here to the point where he's responsible for unpopular decisions he doesn't make. It reminds me of the NFL's reaction to the Wells report: the owner and coach specifically declared innocent of any wrong-doing, yet the team is fined and loses draft picks. Belichick imposes discipline on a player and the blame is Kraft's.

Unless the NFLPA can win a case for Garret Gilbert not getting enough reps I don't see how the NFLPA can win this with Butler. Butler was essentially last on the depth chart and getting zero reps.

The punishment was uncalled for and excessive. Three weeks. Common on. He shouldn't have been punished at all, but if bill had to , 1 Day suspension would have sufficed. Malcolm Butler would have gotten the message.

It's not a mandated workout, so I don't get the suspension at all. He didn't have to be there.

The punishment was uncalled for and excessive. Three weeks. Common on. He shouldn't have been punished at all, but if bill had to , 1 Day suspension would have sufficed. Malcolm Butler would have gotten the message.

We don't know the details. This could have been the straw the broke the camel's back.

So they aren't allowed to 'punish' him for missing voluntary workouts by holding him out of further voluntary workouts?

He wasn't suspended. He was not allowed to participate on the field but was allowed to participate in film study etc. Hopefully that makes a difference.

I'm a big homer and an eternal optimist.. and yet, I kinda get the feeling there is going to be an investigation* of the Patriots every few weeks this season.

Adam Jones on 98.5 postulating that's Pats may lose draft picks because of this....:eek:
This cannot be true...but his reasoning is "because it's the patriots".....

Adam Jones on 98.5 postulating that's Pats may lose draft picks because of this....:eek:
This cannot be true...but his reasoning is "because it's the patriots".....

Adam Jones has decided that he wants to be Michael Felger, Jr.. His differentiation is going to be humor bits, but his schtick is the "anti" position as default.

Every mouthpiece at 98.5 gets douchebag training - part of their business model.

when it comes to stuff like this, everything happens for a reason........he was in the house working out.....if he ain't complaining, then the NFLPA is just going through it's motions on behalf of its players......it's not like he's losing any money, and it's not like the pats are just going to cut him over this......

nothing to talk about here IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey