PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: NFLPA Investigating Patriots Over Malcolm Butler’s OTA Absence Read more at: http://nesn.co

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourierSeries

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
NFL Media’s Albert Breer reported Thursday that the NFLPA is investigating whether the Patriots violated Article 21, Section5(a) of the collective bargaining agreement, which states that teams can’t handle voluntary workouts as though they’re mandatory. Here’s the exact wording of the section: “No Club official may indicate to a player that the Club’s offseason workout program or classroom instruction is not voluntary (or that a player’s failure to participate in a workout program or classroom instruction will result in the player’s failure to make the Club or result in any other adverse consequences affecting his working conditions). Contact work (e.g., “live” blocking, tackling, pass rushing, bump-and-run) is expressly prohibited in all offseason workouts.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/06/report-nflpa-investigating-patriots-over-malcolm-butlers-ota-absence/

Great.

Those damn Cheatriots cheat so much, they even cheat their own players!!!!!

Worst offseason ever. And we just won a Super Bowl. Unbelievable. I can already envision the headlines of this story. It'll probably be on national news too. More **** to fling at us.

IMO this is a **** move by the Patriots. Kraft caves to Roger and then feels like a man by picking on a kid who saved his butt.

“No Club official may indicate to a player that the Club’s offseason workout program or classroom instruction is not voluntary (or that a player’s failure to participate in a workout program or classroom instruction will result in the player’s failure to make the Club or result in any other adverse consequences affecting his working conditions). Contact work (e.g., “live” blocking, tackling, pass rushing, bump-and-run) is expressly prohibited in all offseason workouts.”

---------
They would need to prove that skipping the on-field work and instead doing something else indoors is an adverse consequence that has affected his working conditions.

That doesn't seem easy at all to establish.

Worst offseason ever. And we just won a Super Bowl. Unbelievable. I can already envision the headlines of this story. It'll probably be on national news too. More **** to fling at us.
When you're in the cross-hairs, you're in the cross-hairs.

This "story' makes no sense....allowing Butler total access to OTAs....except on field activities???? My gut tells me the reporter did not have all the facts and NE sees no benefit in issuing a clarification. Common sense tells me Butler must be recovering from an injury. We'll see

My gut tells me the reporter did not have all the facts and NE sees no benefit in issuing a clarification. Common sense tells me Butler must be recovering from an injury. We'll see

They will now have to.

IMO this is a **** move by the Patriots. Kraft caves to Roger and then feels like a man by picking on a kid who saved his butt.

Kraft has nothing to do with this.

This is Belichick's call and anyone who knows anything about the Patriots understands that.

Has some folks' irrational hatred gone that far?

Its nothing to do with the discipline. Its the pats so "lets investigate" . Thats all.

This better not get spun into some kind of cheating scandal too.
Not to mention, what happened with the Jaguars and them having contact practices where Fowler tore his ACL?

Unless there is some impact to a bonus, how can the Pats be in trouble for banning someone from a voluntary activity. Doesn't the nature of voluntary make it a two way street?

Good move by the NFLPA. It's what they are there for, and hopefully it leads to some clarification of the rules, as the "voluntary" nature of "voluntary" activities has long been a farce. And, whether or not anything comes out of it, at least they're looking into the situation.

Now, if they hire Ted Wells, I'm going postal on every last one of them.

Depracticeor.

As a fan I'm a little bit more intrigued by this than psi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back