PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Moss spurned Pats on new contract talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Another story on ESPN now. On my phone so can someone post the link.

So Moss said he wanted to wait til the season was done, but in his week 1 presser he said an offer at the end of the year would be an insult??? :confused:

I don't buy this story. There's another story out there saying that Moss was upset because Kraft wouldn't even call him back re: an extension. Media's just printing whatever it hears.

Wasn't Ty Law in about the same situation?
Played out his deal.

Wasn't Asante Samuel in a similar situation?
Played out his deal.

Wasn't Wilfork in this situation?
Played out his deal.

Pro Bowl players, wanted long-term deals, unable to reach agreement before their deals expired.

Simply because the deal was not extended does not mean the Patriots had to trade the player.

I don't buy this story. There's another story out there saying that Moss was upset because Kraft wouldn't even call him back re: an extension.

Why is the team owner supposed to talk to players about contracts? Why would Moss call the owner about his contract? Kraft doesn't negotiate contracts.

If the story about BB approaching Moss about an extension during training camp is true, this makes Moss look insane. It wouldn't surprise me if he's bipolar.

Not buying this one for a second. Someone in the media is trying to make Moss look bad with this story. If anyone on the Pats approached Moss, it would have been worked out and none of this BS would have gone down.

Not buying this one for a second. Someone in the media is trying to make Moss look bad with this story. If anyone on the Pats approached Moss, it would have been worked out and none of this BS would have gone down.

According to a story on NFL.com:

The source told The Globe that Belichick initially told Moss, who's in the final year of his three-year contract, that he wouldn't be a part of the team's future plans.

But when Moss reported to camp in excellent shape, the source said Belichick reversed course and approached Moss about another contract. Moss apparently told Belichick it wasn't the right time to discuss a deal and that they should talk after the season.

So Moss said he wanted to wait til the season was done, but in his week 1 presser he said an offer at the end of the year would be an insult??? :confused:

I'm confused as well. This is just downright bizarre. Best thing is to just move on I guess. Never going to really get to the bottom of who did what.

Starting to think people are making this up as they go along.

He also reportedly asked to be traded, but was then shocked and in denial when it happened.

I think he has quite a bit of Favre in him.

Patriots approach him about a deal. He says lets wait. Expecting the Patriots to come back to him begging him to sign an extension, gets disappointed when they don't.

Moss demands a trade, expecting the Patriot to respond by telling him how important he is how they would never trade him. Instead they trade him. He is taken aback, b/c he doesn't believe they actually would do it.

BB is a superb communicator about football, loved by many of his players and trusted by all or almost all of them. About contracts? Not so much.

Randy Moss is a team-spirited and intelligent communicator about football. About contracts? Not so much.

Last edited:
He also reportedly asked to be traded, but was then shocked and in denial when it happened.

Patriots approach him about a deal. He says lets wait. Expecting the Patriots to come back to him begging him to sign an extension, gets disappointed when they don't.

Moss demands a trade, expecting the Patriot to respond by telling him how important he is how they would never trade him. Instead they trade him. He is taken aback, b/c he doesn't believe they actually would do it.

So what they are saying about all of this is Moss acted selfish and like a prima-dona. He will fit in well with lord Farvequad.

So this is what you get when you put all the fabrications in one basket? lol

Yeah, just yet another bs story to grab headlines and demonize Moss. :rolleyes: I'm starting to wonder if these "sources" even exist or if they are just making it up themselves.

Starting to think people are making this up as they go along.

I agree. The mediots and reportards are a bunch of keyboards monkeys just flinging $&!% and looking to see what sticks.

Why would Moss tell the world that he was hurt because he hadn't heard word one, not so much as a letter, etc. about his contract even though he and Bill were always fine, and then SMY who is a sucker for a nod from any player source reporting AFTER he's gone that Bill wanted to sign him but he didn't want to talk...LOL So what was it...Bill really wanted him but Kraft didn't? Kraft really wanted him but Randy didn't feel like talking to Bill? Brady got jealous of his beard and took all the $$ so Rand couldn't be the real leader here? No, he sensed right when he said he was not in their plans going forward. He just didn't sense how close he was to forward. Now he's trying to figure out how to get Minnesota to give him an extension before the wheels fall off Brett's wagon. Word is all they are offering is to take the tag off the table for 2011. What difference does that make? LOL

Why would Moss tell the world that he was hurt because he hadn't heard word one, not so much as a letter, etc. about his contract even though he and Bill were always fine, and then SMY who is a sucker for a nod from any player source reporting AFTER he's gone that Bill wanted to sign him but he didn't want to talk...LOL So what was it...Bill really wanted him but Kraft didn't? Kraft really wanted him but Randy didn't feel like talking to Bill? Brady got jealous of his beard and took all the $$ so Rand couldn't be the real leader here? No, he sensed right when he said he was not in their plans going forward. He just didn't sense how close he was to forward. Now he's trying to figure out how to get Minnesota to give him an extension before the wheels fall off Brett's wagon. Word is all they are offering is to take the tag off the table for 2011. What difference does that make? LOL

Who said he wanted an extension from the Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes