PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REPORT: Mankins' [Tender Offer] Reduced - was offered 7 mil per season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: REPORT: Mankins' [Tender Offer] Reduced

Wait..... the Patriots have guard depth? Who'd they sign today while nobody was paying attention?
I don't think it's quite as dire a situation as some make it out to be.

With Mankins, the backup depth at guard was Connolly and Ohrnberger, and Kaczur backing up at guard and tackle.

Without Mankins, probably Kaczur or possibly Connolly starts, the other is a backup, with Ohrnberger once again is the next off the bench.

In both situations you still have Wendell, Bussey, and Larsen available for the interior line behind the primary backups.

I don't think it's quite as dire a situation as some make it out to be.

With Mankins, the backup depth at guard was Connolly and Ohrnberger, and Kaczur backing up at guard and tackle.

Without Mankins, probably Kaczur or possibly Connolly starts, the other is a backup, with Ohrnberger once again is the next off the bench.

In both situations you still have Wendell, Bussey, and Larsen available for the interior line behind the primary backups.

Not one of those backups has demonstrated the capability of getting the job done as a starting guard. For that matter, I'd say that none of them have even demonstrated any real aptitude for getting the job done as a backup guard.

Mankins needs to be little bit more patient,after 0-2 start ,after Brady close encounters with the turf and non - existing running game, Kraft gladly will play more than Mankins is asking now.

Re: REPORT: Mankins' Contract Reduced

Plus, if he was really the "elite" gaurd everyone say's he is, we might has a 19-0 season under our belt. Let's face facts, he (and the rest of the line), got STEAMROLLED in the biggest spot of their careers. Yeah, I still remember.
That's an excellent point. Mankins did get b*tched slapped the entire game in the super bowl. Yet time and time again, people on this board make excuses that when Neal goes down, the entire line goes down. :yawn2:
Mankins is a good guard but guards are a dime a dozen.

But of course Mankins is going to come out and say "I wasn't offered 7m per year." Time to trade the guy and we will forget about this guy when they find his replacement in a year.

That's an excellent point. Mankins did get b*tched slapped the entire game in the super bowl. Yet time and time again, people on this board make excuses that when Neal goes down, the entire line goes down. :yawn2:
Mankins is a good guard but guards are a dime a dozen.

But of course Mankins is going to come out and say "I wasn't offered 7m per year." Time to trade the guy and we will forget about this guy when they find his replacement in a year.

blaming the SB loss on mankins?

The entire O-line is blamed for the loss. However, Tuck flat out embarrassed him.

great!!! the ravens made brady look bad last year. lets get rid of him

awesome logic.

great!!! the ravens made brady look bad last year. lets get rid of him

awesome logic.

You know. Maybe Brady didn't get a huge amount of protection from his O-Line.

This whole mess, offering a guard 7 million per year, tempers my fanatic fanaticism......

Last edited:
I'm shocked that the Pats actually offered a $7 million/year contract to Mankins - not because he's not one of the best guards in the league, but because its just too much money to spend under the cap at that position. Lets be frank, other than John Hannah, when have you ever seen an offensive guard dominate a game.

I expected Mankins to hold out and even demand a trade assuming the Pats would hold firm at $5-$6 mil/year - but $7 million? See ya Logan.

The offer is reportedly one of the five highest contracts for a guard in NFL History! Hey Mankins, somebody is lying and it's not the Patriots. Go shovel manure and see how close to $7M a year you can make, you spoiled, lying, bafoon!

I always thought if I saw one more Ty Law out there that was 'disrespected and lied to' despite being offered a completely fair contract, that I would go nuts. Well, I'm coo coo for Cocoa Puffs.

These athletes say whatever, and then we find out it is all BS.

Mankins, your an overrated guard. The team is not going to break the bank for you. I'm sorry they are even offering you as much as they are. GET OVER IT!

What happens if Mankins doesn't sign his tender? Can we still trade him?

I can see him not being happy with $7 million a year with Evans getting over $8 million, but his reaction is a way overraction if that is what the Pats offered. He is definitely going to lose the PR battle for this.

I wonder who he hopes to impress with the name-calling and integrity questioning. From all I've read, Mankins seems squarely in the wrong--the greedy, self-inflated wrong. 7/year makes the Krafts lying sacks of poo?
Hmmmmmmm....

Not sure what's more shocking the Patriots offering Mankins 7 mil a year or Mankins turing it down.
Mankins is a nice player but he's not a dominant player (remember how he wet his pants in the SB?) and not worth 7 mil.
Bye Bye Logie.

Not sure what's more shocking the Patriots offering Mankins 7 mil a year or Mankins turing it down.
Mankins is a nice player but he's not a dominant player (remember how he wet his pants in the SB?) and not worth 7 mil.
Bye Bye Logie.

you will regret this one week into the season after dan connolly gives up the game-losing sack

What happens if Mankins doesn't sign his tender? Can we still trade him?

mankins can wait all the way until week 10 to sign and show and still get credit for the season.

if I was in his shoes, that is what I would do. since he felt so insulted by 7m/year, it is likely because the deal is backloaded with little $$$ in the form of guarantees.

mankins can wait all the way until week 10 to sign and show and still get credit for the season.

if I was in his shoes, that is what I would do. since he felt so insulted by 7m/year, it is likely because the deal is backloaded with little $$$ in the form of guarantees.

If he sits out until week 10 I would franchise his ***** next year just to control his rights and try and trade him.

you will regret this one week into the season after dan connolly gives up the game-losing sack
Against the Bengals at home? Unlikely. Christ even the Jets are sack spastics in week two, the potentially Schobel less Bills in week three which leaves the Dolphins in week four that don't appear as strong on D.

Last edited:
Franchise him and he would get the average of the top five LT's in the league. That would be fine with Mankins.

If he sits out until week 10 I would franchise his ***** next year just to control his rights and try and trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back