PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: LB Jonathan Casillas acquired by Patriots from Tampa Bay at trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yawn..............

Id rather have an experienced veteran as depth, than a typical UDFA rookie.

The Rams now have Ogletree and Barron. My condolences.

And Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers and Alex Carrington and Barrett Jones....some of my binkies down the years!

Casillas was very similar to Wes Woodyard at one point, FWIW.

Also, I have to believe BB passed on Baron. He should have good inside info on both players.

This. Woodyard is an interesting and thoughtful comparison.

And Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers and Alex Carrington and Barrett Jones....some of my binkies down the years!
Robert Quinn for me.

There also have been major love for Long and Quinn!

man, Barron would have made this D nasty. that kind of stings, as for LB I wonder why we couldn't/didn't get Fletcher

To be honest, I'm feeling a little underwhelmed especially when one considers the ridiculously low cost for Barron. Casillas may be a good trade as the season progresses but right now, I don't see much of an improvement in the Patriots roster and that's a little disappointing.

For what its worth, Casillas does have a Super Bowl ring with the Saints. At least he has some playoff experience.

Man, I hope not :/ That would be a big hit to the ST unit. Although maybe Bolden can pick up the slack. He made some plays on special teams this week. He is channeling larry izzo! I think I saw him take a dump on the side lines last game ;)

Why do people think so highly of Bolden on Special Teams? The guy takes bad penalties and doesn't make tackles.

Don Jones is the one who has been channeling Larry Izzo.. Guy has really stepped up to diminish the loss of Ebner over the past few games.. Hopefully, Ebner comes back healthy and the STs improves that much more.

To be honest, I'm feeling a little underwhelmed especially when one considers the ridiculously low cost for Barron. Casillas may be a good trade as the season progresses but right now, I don't see much of an improvement in the Patriots roster and that's a little disappointing.

I've never heard of him, but I expected nothing at all, so... {shrugs}

Which is why Bucs traded him... yeah, right.
Guess you missed the part about it being the comments of a FORMER Bucs GM.. The current regime is cutting players that the old regime had brought in.. Is that really too hard for you to understean?

Oh yeah, that guy...

He's not very good. Should have traded for one dane fletcher.

For what its worth, Casillas does have a Super Bowl ring with the Saints. At least he has some playoff experience.

He was the one who recovered the onside kick in the SB vs. the Colts and that ballsy play is widely considered to have been the turning point in that game.

Hopefully BB will have him jog past Manning just to bring back bad memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes