PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Larry Fitgerald to sign 8 year, $120 million deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great for Larry Fitzgerald, but his resigning was a foregone conclusion, he hand picked the quarterback he wanted in Kevin Kolb and this contract ensures he will retire with the Arizona Cardinals. He becomes the modern day Rod Tidwell, only his contract is a little higher. They need to make a Jerry Maguire 2.

Well, that means there'll be no threads about him in the offseason. That sucks. Who will clamor for after the season is over? We'll be lost.

Well, that means there'll be no threads about him in the offseason. That sucks. Who will clamor for after the season is over? We'll be lost.

I wouldn't say that. There is always the possibility of a trade for some draft picks with a liberal restructuring of his contract (maybe two $30 million years in years 7 and 8?). Once the Cards figure out they cannot afford a competent passer to get him the ball, and realize that Fitgerald cannot throw himself the ball, it's "let's make a deal time.":)

As good as Fitgerald is, he is not $15 million good. As he appears to be a good teammate, I am glad he got paid, but it is also one more reason why the Cards know how to lose, even sitting in a division of similarly bad teams (since 2003 at least) that should make playoff appearances easy to come by.

Great player, great guy. He deserves every penny IMO. Yes, they are overpaying but I'd rather overpay for a guy like Fitz than lose him. Would have been a PR disaster if they let him go.

Wes Welker at 24 million for 4 years anyone?

Wes Welker at 24 million for 4 years anyone?

One thing for sure, Wes's agent is going to use this signing as a barometer for the WR market.

One thing for sure, Wes's agent is going to use this signing as a barometer for the WR market.

His agent might but I don't think Wes will be demanding top 5 WR money.

I dont get paying all that that guarantee money to a wr.I always felt that QBs should be the highest paid players.How much is Andre Johnson making?Now all top wrs want that kind of money.I think AJ is the best wr in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back