PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Josh McDaniels Plans To Leave Patriots, Pursue Head-Coaching Job In 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh value will never really fall

he won't become a bad OC all of a sudden, he will always have players, and even w/ mediocre QBs he looks good

that means he can move on whenever, and it's not like he only has this chance to "cash in", its not like players that get old quickly, he can coach many decades into the future

money would be his only motivator to do that real soon rather than later, especially if he is enjoying it here, and Kraft is taking care of the money thing im sure

JMD is not going anywhere anytime soon, he knows he can move on whenever he feels like it, so he will enjoy this ride until it's not fun for him anymore, and seeing him on sidelines that point obviously has not arrived

What someone says in public, and what they do behind the scenes, are two very different things. I think McDaniels know he has it good here, but for the right offer, he might decide to leave.

For what it's worth, here's what he said on WEEI:

"I love where I'm at. I've said before that I think we all have aspirations to grow and get better and improve and potentially move up and what have you, and who knows. Maybe that day happens, maybe it doesn't, but I know this: I'm really thankful that I have the opportunity that I have to coach the players that we have here and to work underneath Bill and Robert and the Kraft family. It's a privilege here."

I don't really believe this to be true. If it was I wonder who'll replace Josh! What do you guys think of Sean Payton taking his place if the Saints does decides to let him go? He and Bill already has a great relationship and the man is one of the best offensive minds in the game! Food for thought!

I could see the Cowboys all over Sean Payton if he gets fired.
Which I dont think the Saints will do because you need time to rebuild that defense he and the offense is not the problem.
Also dont forget Cooter is also a highly sought after offense mind.
So theres no guarantee if a team like the Lions fire Caldwell they wont just tab Cooter.
Mcdaniels best spots for HC is Tenn but they need to fix the ownership.
Jac but who knows if Kahn is ready to part with Quinn.
Indy god I hope not
Chicago is the best fit if he takes one team with lower expectations He can cut Cutler bring in Jimmy G has plenty of receivers with talent.
I still want to see Josh succeed Bill

I don't really believe this to be true. If it was I wonder who'll replace Josh! What do you guys think of Sean Payton taking his place if the Saints does decides to let him go? He and Bill already has a great relationship and the man is one of the best offensive minds in the game! Food for thought!
He'll get another head coaching gig and nobody is coming here to bring a new system in. They run Belichick's offense/defense there will be no drastic changes.

The upside of Josh leaving is that it creates an obvious trade partner for JimmyG.

Let him go to Chicago he'd have Jeffery and White with there rookie RB. Than he can offer us Chicagos 1st (2-5) and a 2nd. They dominate the NFC we dominate the afc

We would do well for maybe 3 seasons I still want to hang on to Jimmy G.

Put it to you this way if he plays like he did against Miami and or Brady shows Dents in the armor I would hold on to Jimmy G even if high picks or offered by josh or elsewise.

I could see the Cowboys all over Sean Payton if he gets fired.
Which I dont think the Saints will do because you need time to rebuild that defense he and the offense is not the problem.
Also dont forget Cooter is also a highly sought after offense mind.
So theres no guarantee if a team like the Lions fire Caldwell they wont just tab Cooter.
Mcdaniels best spots for HC is Tenn but they need to fix the ownership.
Jac but who knows if Kahn is ready to part with Quinn.
Indy god I hope not
Chicago is the best fit if he takes one team with lower expectations He can cut Cutler bring in Jimmy G has plenty of receivers with talent.
I still want to see Josh succeed Bill
Payton isn't going anywhere as he just signed a fat extension

Garrett needs to go to the playoffs.

Lions might be a good fit for Josh w/ Quinn there and if they dump Stafford and get Jimmy

When Josh leaves.. Jimmy G will go with him for a haul of picks. Book it.

The Broncos, the Ravens and the Steelers have done okay with a division of responsibilities. Belichick is a rare individual who can handle both the GM and HC duties.
I don't know about the broncos. They've had to run through a boatload of coaches.

I don't know about the broncos. They've had to run through a boatload of coaches.

Yea but Shanny was there for a while. They scuffed a bit with Josh but once Elway came in their on-the-field performance (making the playoffs0 has been stable regardless of coaches.

Yea but Shanny was there for a while. They scuffed a bit with Josh but once Elway came in their on-the-field performance (making the playoffs0 has been stable regardless of coaches.
They come with a boatload of built in advantages though. Fairly weak division with the most extreme homefield advantage in the game. It would be kind of disgraceful if they /didn't/ make the playoffs every year.

Unfortunately, it will probably be Daboll who takes over as the OC after Josh leaves. :(

They come with a boatload of built in advantages though. Fairly weak division with the most extreme homefield advantage in the game. It would be kind of disgraceful if they /didn't/ make the playoffs every year.

It's nothing more than Divine Intervention.

In 2011 they had Saint Tebow pull a 2011 playoff season out of their butts and miracle worker Ashley Manning using the power of God to heal forehead's creaky neck.

It's nothing more than Divine Intervention.

In 2011 they had Saint Tebow pull a 2011 playoff season out of their butts and miracle worker Ashley Manning using the power of God to heal forehead's creaky neck.
That too. :)

Unfortunately, it will probably be Daboll who takes over as the OC after Josh leaves. :(

Yeah, it sucks...but would you rather they bring in someone from outside the organization?

Depends on who. You would have to be more specific.

Just speaking generally....the most recent offensive coordinators have come from within the organization. That could be the best way to recruit Josh's replacement, unless there's someone outside who can grasp the "Patriot Way" in Foxborough

Isn't this the same report we have seen the last few years?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

If the Pats win this weekend I expect even MORE "reports" from these league puppets as Goodell whips his hate brigade into a frenzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes