PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Gronk to take his sweet time coming back from ACL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss Welker....is hijacking a thread still a bannable offense????:cool:

Oooh, we have a dislike button now. I'm going to polish that baby up so it will be ready.

Had to do it, Ray. Your post screamed out for it. :p

Kind of an obvious statement to make, but we may as well not even worry about this for at least another 3-4 months. At that time we can decide whether or not we want to complain about Gronk taking his time, etc.

In the middle of April only 100 days removed from serious surgery, one can assume that he'll be in a "time taking" mode at the moment.

For the people criticizing him for wanting to take his time let me ask you do you want him I'm September or January?
It's that simple a fully healthy Gronkowski makes this a different team and much harder to defend.
I don't mind him wanting to make sure he is at his full strength before he steps a foot on the practice field he doesn't need the reps Brady knows and trusts him.
Add a Ebron or a ASJ or a Lyera a talented compliment at tight end and Gronk is in full beast mode.
Release the Gronk!

I'm not flaming you or anything and certainly everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion, but your logic if faulty. I often see that question asked, "Would you rather have player in September or January?" The reason that the question is flawed is because the obvious answer is you'd rather have the player in September AND January/February. Gronk sat out the first six games last season and we didn't have him in January. Having a player sit out half the season does not guarantee, or even make it more likely (IMHO), that the player will be available in January/February. Having a player start a season does not somehow guarantee the same player will not be there in January/February.

I guess my point is I just want Gronk when he's ready and fully able to play, regardless of when that is on the calendar. As long as he doesn't sit out all season (highly ridiculous and unlikely), then I'm good. Yeah, having him adds multiple dimensions to any offense, and I'd rather have him out there. However, I'd rather wait if it means having a Gronk who is physically in top form and mentally all in. I don't want a Gronk who cannot run or block with the same ferocity and explosion, nor do I want a Gronk looking to protect the knee all the time (though I know that will happen the first few games regardless).

Brittle Bones couldn't even make it to the playoffs after taking half of last season off. Best bet is him suffering an injury that keeps him out 6-8 weeks, but allows him to return and actually play in the big games for once.

I say he dose not play in the preseason but is there for week 1 and if that's the case I am ok with that

I have no problem with this at all.

Let him sit the entire season.... I just want a healthy Gronk for the playoffs.

For whoever rated that post dumb...

1. I was joking

2. But it isn't that far fetched. Would you rather have Gronk play all regular season and then miss the playoffs again.... or have him miss the regular season and be healthy for the playoffs? We honestly don't need Gronk to get to the playoffs, but we will need him to beat the elite playoff teams.

Of course it's unacceptable and unheard of for any player to sit an entire season and come back just for the playoffs, but let's be honest here. With a Healthy Gronk... We beat the Giants in the SB.... and have a much better chance at beating the Ravens and Broncos in the past 2 AFCCG.

Wow...shocked by some of the replies in this thread. Brittle bones? Not mentally tough? The Patriots were the number 1 offense while he was in the lineup. Can you honestly say his injuries weren't legit? Broken forearm with quack surgery, back surgery and some guy crushing you right on the knee with his shoulder as the leg was planted doesn't sound injury prone to me. Sounds more like a case of some really bad luck. What's next? Should of drank more milk as a kid comments? Unreal. I haven't seen one instance of him playing scared the entire time he was there.

WOW! All a reporter has to do is write an article based on unsubstantiated reports from "someone" in Gronk's camp, :rolleyes: and so many of us immediately treating it as if it were the Gospel Truth. I can't believe how many of us are just sheep to be manipulated by the media to react like Pavlov's dog to any random stimulus they give us.

Believe me, when the Doctors say that he's back at a 100%, he will play and not before. It could be the first game or the 6th, or the 10th. I don't know and no one here does either, so what's the point of speculating. BTW- if you are looking for something positive on Gronk's recovery, I saw a picture of him the other day, at some fund raiser, and the picture showed him crouching like a catcher with some kids. That kind of flexibility to comfortably crouch like that, seems like a good sign so soon after his surgery. Just sayin'

NO NO NO!!!! THIS is the "NEW" Patriot fanship...IT'S ALL BAD ALL THE TIME...TWITTER SAID SO!!!!...get it through your thick skulls...no more optimism, no more reason, no more rational analyses...IT'S ALL BAD AND WILL STAY THAT WAY!!!...why even bother with the season...let's all begin analyzing the 2015 season free agency period which will be WORSE than this past 2014 "BAD!!!!!" period....unless of course the Pats take every one of MY suggestions...and then we can begin to THINK about watching them again.

Report: Rob Gronkowski To Take His Time Rehabbing Torn ACL For Patriots | NESN.com

I could see the forearm issue last year because I didn't want the team to rush him back, given the complications. But this is a different issue and plenty of football players at skill positions are back for Week 1 after suffering a torn ACL. Barring a setback (doesn't sound like there is one, by all reports Gronk is on schedule), I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be out there Week 1.

NESN is using far too much Bleacher Report information lately. Gronkowski is fine, he protein loading as we speak, I fully expect him to be a go in week 1 of the regular season. If anything the injury has likely taught him that, it does not matter if you come back early or take your time the risk for injury is still great in the NFL so you play when you can.

fbbf46c48742512efc3800607aad3ddc_crop_north.jpg

NESN is using far too much Bleacher Report information lately. Gronkowski is fine, he protein loading as we speak, I fully expect him to be a go in week 1 of the regular season. If anything the injury has likely taught him that, it does not matter if you come back early or take your time the risk for injury is still great in the NFL so you play when you can.

fbbf46c48742512efc3800607aad3ddc_crop_north.jpg
I don't disagree with Gronk taking his time to come back from this in the post season. It's the part where it's inferred that he'll miss time going into the regular season that surprises me. Personally, I hope he remains on schedule, which is what has been reported, does not play a snap in the preseason and continues to rehab it.

I don't disagree with Gronk taking his time to come back from this in the post season. It's the part where it's inferred that he'll miss time going into the regular season that surprises me. Personally, I hope he remains on schedule, which is what has been reported, does not play a snap in the preseason and continues to rehab it.
That's the thing, as RayClay alluded to. This statement has only been inferred, and not directly from him. Unless it comes from our steak eating horse's mouth, I'll take it with a grain. I don't believe he wants to watch any game from the sideline anymore than we want him to.

I consider him a gamer who always goes full-tilt and it's his handlers who are the ones who have to get him to back off for his own good. You can tell he loves to play just by watching him. Just my opinion.

Oooh, we have a dislike button now. I'm going to polish that baby up so it will be ready.
Take it, shine it up reeeeeaaaaaallllll nice, turn that som***** sideways... AND STICK IT STRAIGHT UP YOUR CANDY ASS!

tumblr_ml35ss13wE1s87uxuo1_500.gif

LOL there is a 'dumb' button too. Got to agree with supafly, until we see an actual timetable it's tough to get upset by this.

LOL there is a 'dumb' button too. Got to agree with supafly, until we see an actual timetable it's tough to get upset by this.
What time table are you talking about? We didn't get one last year, just reports (rumors) about who was telling Gronk what and how long he should stay out. Clearly people already have an idea of when they expect him to be back on the field based on when he had his surgery and the performance and recovery time other players in the NFL had with similar injuries.

I notice "*****" wasn't blanked out when I posted it. Can we post that **** on here now and curse, or is it just temporarily showing until Ian fixes the filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes