PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Gary Kubiak expected to be fired today

Bill Cowher - Jon or John Gruden should be interested.:cool:

Bill Cowher - Jon or John Gruden should be interested.:cool:

They have talent and possibly the #1 pick, Gruden could fit in well.

Yeah; I don't think McNair is that stupid to hire Skippy as his HC.

Let them have Skippy we would love to have Gary Kubiak as OC he's a disciple of Ratface Mike Shanahan.

Well the Texans "won" the Clowney Bowl last night, so don't couunt them out too quickly. Any DL that will have Watt and Clowney and a healthy Cushing returning is not going to be that bad. They could go Clowney at #1 and still get a very good QB at #34.

I think alot of the Patriots cheating thing was actually the players way of pointing out that no adjustments were being made by the Texans coaching staff. If the keep Phillips as the HC, then they will stink again.......

I think it will be Bridgewater not Clowney. The defense hasn't been the issue.

Gruden/Manziel 2014

I agree with the Manziel part. Regardless of how much of a stud Clowney is and how "fearsome" their D-Line would be, c'mon--you have to have a good QB to win in the NFL. Look at the Lions or Giants: having Suh and Fairley/Pierre-Paul and Omenyura means jack squat if your QB is screwing the pooch. Look at the Packers.

I don't think Manziel will be a day one pick, he's played like steaming garbage against good defenses. Teddy Bridgewater is the best QB in the draft, and the most ready to start from day one. I can't imagine a team with a good defense like the Texans not selecting him. He's no Andrew Luck in terms of talent, but he could have a similar impact on that team. I wouldn't fault them for selecting Clowney, though, and waiting until the second round to draft a Manziel, Boyd, Mettenberger (who's probably the draft's second best QB, but will fall due to injury), Hundley, or Garoppolo... whoever ends up being the early round 2 QB du jour come April.

The Texans went from some people's offseason pick to win the Super Bowl to the odds on favorite to be the #1 pick in the draft. Not a shock that Kubiak got canned.

Gruden/Manziel 2014

Only of they take Manziel is if they go with Clowney in the first round. They will most likely go with Bridgewater with the #1 overall pick.

Did this Jameis Winston guy ever go up the charts for this upcoming draft :confused:

Only of they take Manziel is if they go with Clowney in the first round. They will most likely go with Bridgewater with the #1 overall pick.

IMO, the Texans should either do:

#1 Clowney
#33 Garoppolo

Or

Trade down from 1 to 4 or 5 and take Manziel. Not a fan of the bridgewater #1 thing for any team.

From the Twitter feed . . .

Imagine if the Texans end up with the #1 pick, and select . . .

Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State :p

Did this Jameis Winston guy ever go up the charts for this upcoming draft :confused:

He's not draft eligible until next year, or else he'd be the runaway choice for #1 overall pick.

From the Twitter feed . . .

Imagine if the Texans end up with the #1 pick, and select . . .

Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State :p

Gulp! they had his brother behind that invisible Texans OL for years.:D

IMO, the Texans should either do:

#1 Clowney
#33 Garoppolo

Or

Trade down from 1 to 4 or 5 and take Manziel. Not a fan of the bridgewater #1 thing for any team.

Then maybe you should hope the JEST make another one of their stupid trades? :confused:

Then maybe you should hope the JEST make another one of their stupid trades? :confused:

I will very much welcome a JEST Mark sanchez type trade into the top 5 for Bridgewater or Carr. :D

I will very much welcome a JEST Mark sanchez type trade into the top 5 for Bridgewater or Carr. :D

I wouldn't. Both will likely give us a lot more trouble than what they have on the roster already. Add a good QB ( nod coach) to that front 7 on defense and you're starting to look at the potential for a really good team.

I'm watching that game last night and there are seconds remaining before half time. It is fourth down, Jacksonville will be kicking and Kubiak is screaming at the refs! The announcer mentions that it might be a few seconds. If that is the case, WTF are you screaming about? You want your qb to have a few more seconds for the kneel down? Whoa, this guy needs a pair of Southwest Airline tickets.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back