PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Gary Kubiak expected to be fired today

after watching that nutcase Swearington go all "me me me!!" on national TV and then arguing and swearing at Kubiak on the sidelines because of his moronic penalties, I'd say Kubiak has zero cred as a leader on THAT team going forward.That punk has no respect for anybody, another drug riddled Ritalin cheater like his buddy up in Seattle.

ehhh, it will be today or in the offseason; doesn't really matter.

I am amazed he has lasted this long. Kubiak and Marvin Lewis have mastered the art of doing just enough to not get fired. If they had beat us then destroyed Jacksonville, I highly suspect he would be off the hot seat regardless of his health.

You think they would just let the guy resign (although admittedly, maybe he doesn't want to). Not to be a downer, but my grandmother used to have those mini-strokes (called transitory ischemic something or other - I recognized the term when they said it) and we learned that they are just a prelude to the big one. No way this guy should be coaching with all the stresses that come with it, including, I would say, just traveling with the team. Now, he is younger and I am sure the meds have improved from 25 years ago, but such a condition is no joke and should probably be a life-style-altering wake-up call. Just my $.02

It's official:

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports has reported that the Texans have fired coach Gary Kubiak, who is expected at a press conference soon.

Kubiak has already told his assistants he has been fired.

The 52-year-old Kubiak built the Texans gradually into a contender, and won 22 games the previous two seasons.​

Gary Kubiak fired by Texans after 11th straight loss | ProFootballTalk

And Wade Phillips is in as interim head coach. I can only hope they remove the interim part from his title.

Well the Texans "won" the Clowney Bowl last night, so don't couunt them out too quickly. Any DL that will have Watt and Clowney and a healthy Cushing returning is not going to be that bad. They could go Clowney at #1 and still get a very good QB at #34.

I think alot of the Patriots cheating thing was actually the players way of pointing out that no adjustments were being made by the Texans coaching staff. If the keep Phillips as the HC, then they will stink again.......

You think they would just let the guy resign (although admittedly, maybe he doesn't want to). Not to be a downer, but my grandmother used to have those mini-strokes (called transitory ischemic something or other - I recognized the term when they said it) and we learned that they are just a prelude to the big one. No way this guy should be coaching with all the stresses that come with it, including, I would say, just traveling with the team. Now, he is younger and I am sure the meds have improved from 25 years ago, but such a condition is no joke and should probably be a life-style-altering wake-up call. Just my $.02

Transient ischemic attack (TIA), Deb...my dad had several of them in his sixties leading to his eventual demise.

From a pure coaching standpoint, the Texans will be a very attractive landing spot. They could have a Chiefs-like turnaround if the proper coach is hired for the job, like coach Reid was in Kansas City. They have a ton of talent on that team, and what willing likely be a top-3 pick. They can (a) draft a quarterback, (b) draft the most athletically gifted specimen in the draft, in Clowney, or (c) trade that pick for more picks, or a high-end QB a team is willing to part with, like the Chiefs sort of did for Alex Smith. Someone like Roethlisberger comes to mind.

If I was looking for a job as a coach, Houston would be at the top of the list, bar none. If they do things right, they should be a contender again in no time. I'm just glad the Patriots won't have them on their regular season schedule next season, especially if they draft Clowney.

Transient ischemic attack (TIA), Deb...my dad had several of them in his sixties leading to his eventual demise.

Sorry about your dad. A fancy term for partial blot clot in the brain that we can't do much about. At least my grandmother was in her 80s. I couldn't believe Kubiak came back at all, never mind as quickly as he did. The NFL, like the world in general, is a dog-eat-dog kind of place, though, and if you're not there, somebody else will be. I wish him good health going forward.

I hope Kubiak gets to keep that swell letterman jacket... :rocker:

My how the Texans have fallen since they got off the bus in Foxboro last year. Where has that swagger gone?

Regardless of what happened, you have to feel for the guy- a mini-stroke and getting fired on top of that (and before Christmas). That has to be rough. Hopefully he rebounds from this.

Gruden/Manziel 2014

Might not be the best thing for the Pats. With Kubiak, BB could rest assured that the Texans would be mediocre, as Kubiak didn't have a clue. The next guy though could harness the Texans potential and turn them into a truely competitive team (unless it's Wade, then the Pats will be able to relax again).

From last night's game thread:

If the Texans lost this game, Kubiak might as well spend the next few days packing boxes, putting his home up for sale, updating his resume and stuff like that.

I'm not a follower of that team, and I saw this coming. I imagine Kubiak knew it too.

Well the Texans "won" the Clowney Bowl last night, so don't couunt them out too quickly. Any DL that will have Watt and Clowney and a healthy Cushing returning is not going to be that bad. They could go Clowney at #1 and still get a very good QB at #34.

That has to be one of the most attractive coaching job openings in memory. Terrific building blocks in place, and coming off a season so dreadful that the new coach will get credit for "turning them around" just by regressing to the mean.

@JeromeSolomon: A name you might not hear, but should? Josh McDaniels.

Lmao. Go right ahead

I think he was on the verge of having a second stroke yesterday with all those stupid penalty, maybe they were thinking in holding him until the end of the season but it's better to be cautious when it's about health.

A huge stroke is no joke, my father had a stroke 8 months ago and is still recovering with nurses 24hs and PT, functional therapy, he's medical care is better than I thought, I didn't spend 1 cent. And he's still not even close to his previous condition but he's getting there, one thing is for sure, he won't be able to drive again.

We get to know at the hospital that he probably had these mini-strokes before, MRI show nothing this time but there were signals of possible old strokes, he had some equilibrium problems walking, holding in something or putting his hands on the wall, I thought it was because of the booze he used for decades but it was those f...ing strokes. I remember 5 years ago +- one day he woke up not being able to speak, we went to a hospital, blood pressure a little high, they gave him some pills and rest for a couple hours and he was ok, but I just figured recently that could maybe be one of those mini strokes.

I wish Kubiak gets better and maybe get a less pressure job. if he loves football, I wish he stays working with football, staying home doing nothing is the worst thing someone can do.

(called transitory ischemic something or other - I recognized the term when they said it)

attacks. TIAs. You did the hard part.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back