PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report from Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.
The concession stand ran out of hot chocolate and coffee by the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Unacceptable.

The halftime show of these dogs catching frisbees was embarrassing. The 1st dog dropped the frisbees more often then Ben Watson. His overall percentage was probably 10-15%. Then the 2nd dog wasn't much better.

I thought the seagulls were going to swoop down and attack me for a half eaten hot dog. They were circling the upper deck in swarms.

The concession stand ran out of hot chocolate and coffee by the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Unacceptable.

The halftime show of these dogs catching frisbees was embarrassing. The 1st dog dropped the frisbees more often then Ben Watson. His overall percentage was probably 10-15%. Then the 2nd dog wasn't much better.

I thought the seagulls were going to swoop down and attack me for a half eaten hot dog. They were circling the upper deck in swarms.

That's a hilarious report!

I also noticed that they didn't even have fireworks for the national anthem or for TDs and was wondering whether that was because of the weather or because they are too cheap?

I'm hoping this game will be on NFL Replay because of the Cassel story but doubt that it will but for anyone that was at the game and saw it on TV, did it seem like it was raining a lot harder in person than it showed on TV? Just watching the highlights made it look like it wasn't raining at all.

The Barstool Sports Knee Jerk Reaction column had this comment:

"I don't know what fills my heart with more joy of the holiday season: The mandatory showing of the Snow Bowl highlights every time these two teams meet, or the sound of Rich Gannon flagellating himself after the Tuck Rule play. Is this heaven? No, it's Oakland's pain."

Does anyone recall what Gannon actually said during the broadcast?

That's a hilarious report!

AGREED! PWP

I also noticed that they didn't even have fireworks for the national anthem or for TDs and was wondering whether that was because of the weather or because they are too cheap?

I'm hoping this game will be on NFL Replay because of the Cassel story but doubt that it will but for anyone that was at the game and saw it on TV, did it seem like it was raining a lot harder in person than it showed on TV? Just watching the highlights made it look like it wasn't raining at all.

The Barstool Sports Knee Jerk Reaction column had this comment:

"I don't know what fills my heart with more joy of the holiday season: The mandatory showing of the Snow Bowl highlights every time these two teams meet, or the sound of Rich Gannon flagellating himself after the Tuck Rule play. Is this heaven? No, it's Oakland's pain."

Does anyone recall what Gannon actually said during the broadcast?

Gannon said that it was beyond painfull to remember that game. He said that since that very game the two teams had followed very different opposing trajectories. (Certainly an understatement.)

At first he said that Brady was trying to pull back his pass since they Oak had 'em all covered. He then said that in Hawaii Brady was sheepish and noncommital about the call. Finally he opined that Oakland had had several opportunities following the call to win the game and they did not take advantage. While Brady went ahead and made the plays to win it. Said Brady was top notch.

Those were Oakland's version of buzzards.. didn't you know that :D

The frisbee dogs are now something I look forward to, but that wasn't always the case. That first dog was horrible and I had no problem boo-ing the dog. The second one was pretty decent. Glad to have them back after a couple years.

About fireworks...

I can't remember ever seeing fireworks ever at the stadium for a Raider game. I think it is because they are cheap and they don't have much to celebrate EVER. Could be the wind too. I've rarely seen fireworks at the 9ers games unless you call those things they shoot off on the field fireworks.

Thanks so so much for those reports....A Q...when in the first quarter did the rain let up?? From TV it looked like heavy rain throughout.....was that during the Higgins TD??? Just curious...I know at the start of the 2nd Q..it was heavy again..because they showed picks of the puffles..and it seemed bad...

Just to clarify on the halftime dog show:

I have seen a similar act before and generally the trainer is at the 50 yard line will float up these long gliding frisbees and the dog can run 30+ yards underneath it and grab it flawlessly. In this case, the 1st dog was just off. First off, no thanks to the trainer but the throws were over or under thrown but when the dog did get there, he flat out dropped it. After about an 1 for 9 start, the trainer reeled in the act and did this B-rate trick of tossing the frisbee softly over his head and letting the dog run threw his legs to catch it right on the other side.

It kind of was metaphorical for the Raiders season.

Also a hilarious side note:

When the Patriots were up big and I think Morris broke in for that 20+ yarder, fans just started flat out cursing. Not directed at anyone - just out of pure frustration. And it wasn't one or two guys, but several - maybe at least 8. Mostly one syllable swears out of shear pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back