PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report from MetLife Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzFritz

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I got tickets from one of my coworkers in NYC and decided to road trip
We stopped at Gaetanos deli in Westport to get our tailgate food on Sunday's drive - good move

A few impressions from the experience
- I will never complain about Route 1 again after the parking experience into lot P. A total cluster that took an hour AFTER we got into the Meadowlands complex
- There were A LOT of Pats fans. Many "mixed couples"
- Felt like about 20% Pats in the stadium including one 300 pats section tho it was undoubtedly less that 10%
- On the first first down catch by Amendola, the crowd cheered so much we thought he had dropped it. that's when we realized how many of us were there
- Fans were very nice and not at all obnoxious, as usual for Giants classy people
- Stadium is SO steep like the old one. I had vertigo at first from our 4th row in 300 looking down on the field
- Giants fans were pleasant losers, no tantrums or f-bombs that I saw

All in all, an awesome road trip for a fabulous game with an awesome ending. we went in 2007 and wanted to revisit the place with the ghosts of Randy Moss. It didn't disappoint!

Any questions?

--> Fritz

So glad you had the trip and that the Giants fans were classy. It was a great, great game that could have gone either way -- all the more important to enjoy it when the world is so full of violence and hatred.

So glad you had a good experience. I went to Pats/Jets there last December and had a similar experience with Jets fans, although the Jets were out of it by then and I would say there were 40% Pats fans at the game. It was an incredible game now that I have had some time to distance myself from the repeated heart attacks and heartache over the loss of Edelman. :)

Yeah Giants fans seem like they aren't as bad as rats fans.

We stopped at Gaetanos deli in Westport to get our tailgate food on Sunday's drive - good move

- I will never complain about Route 1 again after the parking experience into lot P. A total cluster that took an hour AFTER we got into the Meadowlands complex
- Felt like about 20% Pats in the stadium including one 300 pats section tho it was undoubtedly less that 10%
- On the first first down catch by Amendola, the crowd cheered so much we thought he had dropped it. that's when we realized how many of us were there
- Fans were very nice and not at all obnoxious, as usual for Giants classy people
- Stadium is SO steep like the old one. I had vertigo at first from our 4th row in 300 looking down on the field

All in all, an awesome road trip for a fabulous game with an awesome ending. we went in 2007 and wanted to revisit the place with the ghosts of Randy Moss. It didn't disappoint!

Any questions?

--> Fritz

It's been a few years but my dad (who is a Giants fan) would make the trip to the old stadium a game a year.

While he did wear his Giants knit hat and I wore my Pats hat we never had an issue as a "mixed couple" :D

He always would say, "Jets fans are like your mother's side of the family.".:p

Thanks for sharing. Great post. I don't make an away game every season anymore since an "away" game for me is Foxboro now. So it's fun to hear about others' trips.

Any questions?

--> Fritz

I went to Metlife stadium during the Pats\Jets Thanksgiving game or the buttfumble game. I remember the Pats fans in my area chanting Tebow to annoy the angry Jets fans. The fans were actually pretty nice, not as hostile as I'd thought they'd be. I prefer yhem over the MIA crowd. There were alot of Patriot fans, I can't really recall the percentage, but the Jets fans were OK. So were their concession workers, they actually told me the Jets were gonna get their tails kicked, and they didn't have to tell ME twice, ha-ha.

I stayed to watch the on field interviews and to see the players depart afterwards, Brady blew me off but a Pats fan told me that he gave autographs to those with "TB12 signs" I assumed it was because I was not a kid. The parking lot was completely deserted when we left. It was a long walk to from that parking deck to the stadium, though. I think they were still building parts of it during the time because we and a couple of others were the only people parked there for $40.

Cool time though. I would definitely go again, depending on if the Jets are having a losing season or not. I think they were pretty cool because they expected to lose.

I remember Giants stadium parking lot emptying out in record time after the 2007 Brady / Randy Moss record 16-0 game.

I am thinking that with the new stadium, they may have screwed up the parking big time. It may be worth a premium parking pass versus the one we had. Funny tho, we were close to one of the last cars in, so we got out actually pretty fast... WYFK's tho
---------------------

I went to Metlife stadium during the Pats\Jets Thanksgiving game or the buttfumble game. I remember the Pats fans in my area chanting Tebow to annoy the angry Jets fans. The fans were actually pretty nice, not as hostile as I'd thought they'd be. I prefer yhem over the MIA crowd. There were alot of Patriot fans, I can't really recall the percentage, but the Jets fans were OK. So were their concession workers, they actually told me the Jets were gonna get their tails kicked, and they didn't have to tell ME twice, ha-ha.

I stayed to watch the on field interviews and to see the players depart afterwards, Brady blew me off but a Pats fan told me that he gave autographs to those with "TB12 signs" I assumed it was because I was not a kid. The parking lot was completely deserted when we left. It was a long walk to from that parking deck to the stadium, though. I think they were still building parts of it during the time because we and a couple of others were the only people parked there for $40.

Cool time though. I would definitely go again, depending on if the Jets are having a losing season or not. I think they were pretty cool because they expected to lose.

Thanks for the report, always great to read posts like this. I attended a Giants game at MetLife a few years ago with one of my friends who is a big Browns fan and the Giants fans were great, no issues. Also attended a Monday nighter (Jets/Texans) and happened to have a huge Jets fanbase on our left and nearly a section worth of Texans fans on our right. Was a bit concerned when I initially saw it but everyone was great. Took the train to the game and was in and out quickly.

Glad to hear it was a good experience. Every year my brothers and I catch 3 games. One at Buffalo where I live. One in Gillette, and one roadtrip. We are heading up for this week's game against the Bills, but this year's schedule had a lot of yuckers as far as cities go. We've done Miami a few times, but a January game in Miami has a lot less appeal. So we are doing the Jets game instead. Hope it is good. We last caught a game there before Metlife, a freezing cold night with a very low score, a McGinest interception, and a Patriots victory. The game was very close but the stadium emptied out, that's how cold it was.

I've also been to every Patriots championship game at Gillette with my brothers.

Football has filled the big hole in our lives once filled by the Big East tournament (we'd get together for 5 days in NYCevery year, a sin that the conference collapsed, that was the best time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back