PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Freeney wants 6 million per year

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Per NFLN, they said that Freeney hasn't signed with Denver because he wants to sign on his terms and wants 6 million per year. Denver's interest in Freeney not dead, but slowing down.

Also, Denver has lost interest in John Abraham.

Not sure what any of this means for the pats.

That is laughable....Dwight you're 33 steadily declining and in a "depressed" market...you need to look around.....:cool:

I wouldn't give him 4 million. But it only takes one team, so good luck! Abraham is rooting for him to get it.

I've been assuming that we'll have to end up giving one of them 3.5--4 million for a year, unless somehow it could be more incentive laden which I have my doubts on. Maybe even a 2/6 deal with some incentives would be enough, depending on the specifics.

My personal cost prediction may be off of course, and I obviously hope that it'd be something closer to 3 million, but I've been leery about some of the figures of 2 million--2.5 million etc that posters have been throwing around. I don't think it could possibly be that low, despite the market this year.

I have the feeling that the Pats have about a 3 million dollar max window they are willing to offer though, with some of that being incentivized for health and production.

Of course that was one of the reasons why I figured a 99% chance that Dumervil wasn't even being considered in the 'real' world outside of patsfans, due to the cost involved and the overall snaps and participation/fit etc.

Hahaha me to Dwight me too.

I don't believe he want's 6 million per, Freeney isn't that delusional. But he and Abraham obviously want more than what Denver/NE has be offering.

Maybe a team will over pay for his services but it won't be the pats. 6 million is about 3 million more than I would pay for him.

I don't believe he want's 6 million per, Freeney isn't that delusional. But he and Abraham obviously want more than what Denver/NE has be offering.

Looks like they didn't get the memo or simply are unable to read it.

Flat cap boys = no 6mm for you Dwight and John, your an old man. Just take what BB offers and enjoy a year playing for him with Brady + Co. if that doesn't interest you, then off with your head!

For Freeney's sake, I hope that number has been misreported.

Nobody thought that Ed Reed would collecting $6M for this year's services (and a total of 3/15).

In this market, he's going to get about half that. Hopefully Abraham is a little more realistic by now.

Nobody thought that Ed Reed would collecting $6M for this year's services (and a total of 3/15).

Right. If I'm Freeny, I'd probably set the price high too, and then go from there. I just hope this doesn't jeopardize either one of those options in NEP uniforms, as Abraham may dig in a bit more after hearing this.

so he thinks he is cliff avril?

Do we even have any cap space anymore ? I believe Vollmer got a pretty big salary.

On another note, I also saw Abraham is "pretty much out of the mix" to land in Denver.

I don't know what that means for us. Does it mean we're pretty much locked in on landing him, or are they just not interested in general??

Some poor slob of a team will give it to him, but it won't be a contender.

well..I hope the broncos sign him and eat up there cap space.....I prefer abraham for ..2 for 5 with incentives....:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes