PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Danny amendola ‘almost certain’ to miss jets game

Dude, he's a Jets fan troll from JI with a gimmick account, and he's not even good at it. Why anyone keeps talking to him like he's a real poster (or why he hasn't been banned yet) is beyond me.

I fail. I hadn't noticed the join date. I couldn't believe someone could be that stupid, but of course, I forgot about the Jets fan base.

Thank you for calming me down.

Seriously, the number of people taking victory laps over this is pretty confusing. It's not even a new injury; we've known about it for a week.

This. We knew he had an iffy groin prior to the Bills game. If anything, maybe we should be mad he didn't sit out since he obviously aggravated the injury by playing. But, then again, had he not played we very well could have lost.

Tough call and an unfortunate outcome. It happens.

"Relax. It's under control. I'm making stuff up."

I hope you're right, of course, but the nothing that such a belief is based on is incredible. I think the problem here is that we may not have the depth necessary for your stat lines to come true. (Do we have 275 yds of WR and TE right now? I'm not so sure. Is Riddley even starting and will he avoid fumbling? Again, not sure.) Like it or not, the Jest are an actual NFL team that is capable of beating us. They are not yet the Jags. I can assure you the Pats aren't taking them lightly.

Thanks for that assurance. I don't doubt the Pats aren't taking them lightly.

And, though it looks like there isn't "275 yards of WR and TE" healthy right now, they sure have 275 of QB healthy right now.

60 yds to Thompkins (6 receptions of various depths)
100 yds to Edelman (9 receptions)
25 yds to Sudfeld (1 seam pass)
15 yds to Hooman (2 short passes)
40 yds to Ridley/Washington (3 screens, wheel routes)
35 yds to Boyce/Dobson (3 short completions, 1 medium completion)

= 275 yds on about 24 completions (in 35-40 attempts)

Is that really crazy to imagine?

Oh boy. If this isn't a perfect **** storm just before the Jets game I don't know what is.

So our main offensive weapon other than Tom is Edelman? Yikes.

Thanks for that assurance. I don't doubt the Pats aren't taking them lightly.

And, though it looks like there isn't "275 yards of WR and TE" healthy right now, they sure have 275 of QB healthy right now.

60 yds to Thompkins (6 receptions of various depths)
100 yds to Edelman (9 receptions)
25 yds to Sudfeld (1 seam pass)
15 yds to Hooman (2 short passes)
40 yds to Ridley/Washington (3 screens, wheel routes)
35 yds to Boyce/Dobson (3 short completions, 1 medium completion)

= 275 yds on about 24 completions (in 35-40 attempts)

Is that really crazy to imagine?

It is one possibility. (The Edelman and Thompkins numbers may or may not prove to be high.)

The point is that, just like you're doing with these numbers, it's completely fictitious and based on nothing. We can't even go by prior season production because the guys are all new or new starters.

It's fine to be optimistic if that's your viewpoint but to present it as fact like we have something to go on like it's going to calm down the interwebz is silly. TB12 can get us out of almost anything, but he still has to throw to someone. Hopefully someone steps up!

They made Welker such a priority that they signed Amendola before they knew they were out of the Welker race and they decided that because Welker couldn't make his decision fast enough that they would go for Amendola instead. There are many in the media who followed this who believed based on their sources that the Pats never really made that hard of a press to get Welker.

Yes, they got the alternative when the first option couldn't be gotten. That's what I said.

Oh boy. If this isn't a perfect **** storm just before the Jets game I don't know what is.

So our main offensive weapon other than Tom is Edelman? Yikes.

You people are way too quick to dismiss Ridley.

Sounds like you're trying to have it both ways. My view, without a lot of rhetoric and "qualifiers," is that, whatever might or might not have transpired during the contract negotiations, we would be better off with Welker than Amendola. What is your view? Welker or Amendola? Pick one.

Danny Amendola's Future Value, as you suggest in another post, might indeed be greater than Welker's and he might end up in Canton, but for now, this is what the numbers say:

Amendola: 18 Games Started, 206 Receptions, 1,830 Yards, 8.9 Yards per reception, 7 TD's.
Welker: 82 Games started, 777 Receptions, 8,647 yards, 11.1 Yards per reception, 40 TD's.

This is really not a comparison in which I am interested in investing much energy until Amendola puts in a few more seasons in which he plays more than a dozen games. Until then, Welker over Amendola is kind of a slam dunk for me and we just have to make the best of the current situation, which is that we're dependent on a very talented receiver who has trouble staying on the field for an entire game, let alone an entire season.

I do agree that Amendola isn't much good on the bench.

Not trying to have it both ways. I wanted the Pats to have both guys even if that was pretty much unlikely to happen.

And saying Amendola made catches that Welker couldn't catch is also not trying to have it both ways. There are ways the current Welker is better than Amendola, dependable hands is not one of those ways.

And I will pick which one the Pats would have been better off keeping when the season is over. There is no law that requires me to make a decision now. I have always said that we will not know if the Pats made the right decision until at least the end of the year. I am sticking to it. It is stupid to make a definite decision on who they should have kept before we even see how the season plays out. What if Welker hits the age wall before the season is over? What if Amendola comes back in the Tampa game and ends up with a 1500 yard, 10 TD season. It is far too early to make any decisions.

Seriously, the number of people taking victory laps over this is pretty confusing. It's not even a new injury; we've known about it for a week.

That is the problem with some fans. They are far more interested in proving they are smarter GMs than Belichick than really caring about the fortunes of this team. I know it is a very small, but very vocal minority, but they root for this team to fail to prove that they are right. It is like winning the Super Bowl to them.

The fact of the matter is Welker missed 3 regular season games in five years with the Patriots. It would be less than surprising if Amendola reaches 3 halfway through his first season here.

And if Welker's "my knee blew out even though nobody touched me" injury had happened in week 1 instead of week 17 (which it easily could have), he would have missed 19 regular season games instead of 3.

I've not seen people taking victory laps, as you put it. I have seen people who had noted Amendola's injury problems basically saying "See, this is what we were worried about.", which is perfectly understandable.

Missed his last 20 or 33 games? Thought it was less than that....wow

And now I hear that the 10 days between the bucs may not be enough? Brutal if that's the case...

Dobson has to play this week now

And if Welker's "my knee blew out even though nobody touched me" injury had happened in week 1 instead of week 17 (which it easily could have), he would have missed 19 regular season games instead of 3.

...and if my aunt had a penis and a pair of testicles, she'd be my uncle.

now it's just getting weird in here....

He missed time his rookie year because he was a healthy inactive his first two games. He had two full years where he didn't miss a game due to injuries. He had two years where he missed significant time due to injuries. You are now turning it into three years. He has had three injuries in four years prior coming to the Patriots. Several Patriots have had more injuries where they missed games than that over the same period of time.

I'm trying to work and post at the same time so I had forgotten that he was a healthy scratch for a few games in his 2009 season and that he had only missed games (23 in the last two) in only half his seasons instead of 3/4's. Should he miss Thursday night's game, that will make it games missed in 3 out of his 5 seasons in NFL. Like I said, the question is answered as far as health goes. He hasn't played a 16 game season since 2010. Hopefully he can get healthy and come back and contribute because we're really going to need him this season.

Missed his last 20 or 33 games? Thought it was less than that....wow

And now I hear that the 10 days between the bucs may not be enough? Brutal if that's the case...

Dobson has to play this week now

Well, you put it in perspective on the games missed. He dislocated his elbow the first game of 2011 and was IRed. So 15 of the games were in 2011. Last year he missed five (3 from a broken clavical that almost killed him and two from a foot injury). It is still a lot of games, but most were due to one injury that landed him on the IR.

Reche Caldwell is only 34 and is readily available.

Also Amendola when healthy is going to be the Bradys number 1 guy so Amendola is going to take a hit everytime he gets the ball. That is why I am expecting him to miss about 8 games this season.

I'm trying to work and post at the same time so I had forgotten that he was a healthy scratch for a few games in his 2009 season and that he had only missed games (23 in the last two) in only half his seasons instead of 3/4's. Should he miss Thursday night's game, that will make it games missed in 3 out of his 5 seasons in NFL. Like I said, the question is answered as far as health goes. He hasn't played a 16 game season since 2010.

It was three injuries in four years. It is a lot compared to a majority of the players, but not as bad as say Aquib Talib who no one seems to question his ability to say on the field.

Reche Caldwell is only 34 and is readily available.

Also Amendola when healthy is going to be the Bradys number 1 guy so Amendola is going to take a hit everytime he gets the ball. That is why I am expecting him to miss about 8 games this season.

Danny Hymendola is going to be a major target for defenses because he is so good and is always open for Brady. I still think he ends up leading the NFL in receptions this year.

Lloyd is THAT big of a head case that we can't put up with him for another season? At least he is a WR who caught 70 balls in our system last year

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back