PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Colvin's injury is actually a ruptured Achillies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I strongly suspect that the lack of interest stems from him being unable to pass a physical. I also strongly suspect that once he can pass the physical, he will be back with the Patriots... at a significantly reduced rate, of course.

That is something I've been told by an AFC official...however, we can't use "sources said" anymore in the ProJo, so I have to try and work my way around it.

Rosey's agent, Kennard McGuire, hasn't called me back yet, though I don't know if he'd really confirm or deny it anyway...

smy

Last edited:
Isn't this the same injury Dan Marino had? He seemed to play well the next year.

I think you're correct - but QB and LB are apples and oranges.

Not that one can throw without a healthy achilles tendon, but QB is a drop back and throw position where the range of motion for required for LB is much more significant.

I feel bad for Colvin and for us - the guy has had some bad injury luck and I feel was a potental Hall of Famer if not for injury - he was that skilled and smart.

What is a ruptured achilles? Pretty serious I presume?

Nowadays a ruptured achilles is not considered a career ender. The problem with Rosie is not that he won't be ready by September, it is the further negative impact on speed that hits home from the combination of 2 severe injuries over the past 4 years. I'd pass.

If true, that is really too bad. I wish Colvin only the best, regardless of where he lands.

(Thanks for that inside scoop, SMY)

That is something I've been told by an AFC official...however, we can't use "sources said" anymore in the ProJo, so I have to try and work my way around it.

Rosey's agent, Kennard McGuire, hasn't called me back yet, though I don't know if he'd really confirm or deny it anyway...

smy

Thanks for giving us a little more info.

Guys, no way is this true. I remember after the game they interviewed him and he said something like" a foot? he (bb)said a foot? ok, a foot". My buddy had a ruptured achilles, EVERYONE has surgury to repair that, you cant STAND UP otherwise. Rosie didnt have surgery. But his only game is SPEED, he isnt worth a thing until he can pass a physical and show he can run and field his position. It wouldnt surprise me to see us pick him up around june and pup him til week 12 on a 1 yr deal. That said, we will have to replace him this year, hopefully in the draft!

What is a ruptured achilles? Pretty serious I presume?
A ruptured Achilles TENDON is when the tendon which connects the muscle to the bone tears away. I have a ruptured biceps tendon,the tendon attaching my bicep muscle to my shoulder tore away while lifting wgts.. In my case because it tore away from the shoulder it can't be repaired. In the case of a ruptured achillies tendon they can be reattached but take a long time to heal for one because tendons are so dense there isn't much of a blood supply going to them.

Last edited:
Isn't this the same injury Dan Marino had? He seemed to play well the next year.

Hmm well lets see... Pocket Quarterback or Pass rushing outside linebacker. I wonder which position requires you to use your ankles more...

If true, that is really too bad. I wish Colvin only the best, regardless of where he lands.

(Thanks for that inside scoop, SMY)
I agree...IT IS too bad if that is the case...NOT sure if all of those type injuries are the same in severity..Wasn't it Flemister and Bailey who both had that injury at the start of 04? This injury seems different...but only time will tell. I really did not expect Rosie to sign right off in any event..I wish him th best,

How many games has Colvin missed since he signed with the team? 50%?

I would like to retire at 30 too but it is not going to happen. I don't really know what to do with the rest of 70 years because i expect to be 100+ years old.

I'm kinda lost here. Can't Roosevelt just un-rupture his Achilles and then do leg lifts or something until it feels healthy again?

It's not like he injured his 4th meta-carpal or his fibula maximus.

Dale & Holley said it was NOT a ruptured or torn achilles, earlier today.

Said he remains unsigned due to asking price just too high for a player coming off if a break in his foot, coupled with other older, healed injuries.

They also noted he was walking fine when he was on the show a month ago.

So, maybe it is only a break and thats that.

Would you say Colvin being out might have been our Achillies Heel in the Super Bowl........wow, that was terrible.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Colvin has been one of the reasons for our success in three Super Bowls.
??? Except that he actually only played in one of them, and in that season he was still recovering from his hip injury the year before and was hardly a terror to the opposing quarterback.

I guess he's not coming back...per Reiss' blog today, Hobson will be wearing #59. This likely confirms what we all thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes