PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Aqib Talib shot after nightclub brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Ted Wells could prove that it's more probable than not that Aqib Talib was synchronized swimming. If one of his teammates was packing heat and fired a round in anger, it's a sure bet she'd hit thigh and calf.
Synchronized swimming: responsible for countless teenage pregnancies...

It would still have to enter the calf and exit the calf.

I think it may have been the back of the thigh and calf, Ivan.

It may be possible that he was sitting down as well, where it could've (theoretically) gone through the side of the thigh and grazed the outer part of the calf. Either way, I think it's safe to assume that he got off pretty lucky. Hopefully, he receives some actual punishment from both the system and NFL.

I'm obviously not a medical doctor either, but he could be just fine if the bullet simply grazed him. Of course there are lots of variables such as caliber of gun, whether it was deflected or slowed down by anything else first, "how" specifically he actually got shot, and location of injuries.

The fact that he was driven in his own car and reportedly traveled nearly 8 miles to get to the hospital should tell us all we need to know regarding the severity of the incident, as well as the fact that he barely spent any time in the hospital. In other words, Talib may have gotten lucky. It's certainly possible.
Wait a second. If he claims he was too drunk to remember who shot him, wasn't he then driving while intoxicated?

Wait a second. If he claims he was too drunk to remember who shot him, wasn't he then driving while intoxicated?

I believe someone else was with him who drove the car, and even if he were driving alone and claimed to be too drunk to remember, there's nothing they could do now. The same goes for discharging the firearm while intoxicated.

Those are usually acts where the offender needs to be caught red handed, or have the police respond shortly after a very obvious drunken incident; otherwise, there's no way to establish a timeline as to when he consumed the alcohol. Theoretically, he can argue that he drank a pint of liquor in the elevator from the parking garage to the hospital if he wants to, and there's really no way to dispute him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes