PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Aqib Talib shot after nightclub brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a world of difference between Texas gun laws and NY/NJ gun laws and without an arrest we probably won't see the NFL step in.
Discharging a firearm in public/city limits is a crime in like all states with normally up to a year prison or a fine.

Doubt it. This was in Texas.

According to adam schefter, talib could be in big trouble. Texas changed its laws as of Jan 1.

Last edited:
Discharging a firearm in public/city limits is a crime in like all states with normally up to a year prison or a fine.

A buddy of mine lives in a county in GA where it is illegal not to own a gun.

He believes this is an unconstitutional infringement on his liberties, so he bought a gun to defend himself should anyone come to enforce it.

True, especially when you add in discharging while intoxicated--although they'd probably never be able to prove that aspect.

I'm no medical doctor so I have no idea how such a gun shot wound just needs a bit of medical cleanup and the player will be good to go for training camp. I know I'll be watching to see if this dude lost a step as a result of this incident.

I'm obviously not a medical doctor either, but he could be just fine if the bullet simply grazed him. Of course there are lots of variables such as caliber of gun, whether it was deflected or slowed down by anything else first, "how" specifically he actually got shot, and location of injuries.

The fact that he was driven in his own car and reportedly traveled nearly 8 miles to get to the hospital should tell us all we need to know regarding the severity of the incident, as well as the fact that he barely spent any time in the hospital. In other words, Talib may have gotten lucky. It's certainly possible.

Examining potential legal, NFL ramifications for Aqib Talib after Dallas incident

Good update in the story above on Talib. He could face 2-10 years for carrying an unlicensed gun at a place that sells alcohol. The police report says it happened at the, ahem, gentlemen's nightclub, not in some park, and that two other guys got shot.

This should be an interesting investigation and an excellent chance for Emperor Goodell to screw up.

Prediction? Tom Brady gets suspended for 4 games and the Pats lose a #1 draft pick in 2017 because Brady was generally aware that Aqib Talib likes to go drinking at strip joints while packing heat.

I'm obviously not a medical doctor either, but he could be just fine if the bullet simply grazed him.
True, but the reports said the bullet "entered" the upper thigh and "exited" the calf. Hard for me to visualize that as a grazing, but then again, hard to visualize it at all unless indeed it was a "magic bullet".

The fact that he was driven in his own car and reportedly traveled nearly 8 miles to get to the hospital should tell us all we need to know regarding the severity of the incident, as well as the fact that he barely spent any time in the hospital. In other words, Talib may have gotten lucky. It's certainly possible.
Yep, the preponderance of the evidence is that he got very lucky, but then again the initial reports on Plaxico were pretty favorable too.

This should be an interesting investigation and an excellent chance for Emperor Goodell to screw up.
It already is screwed up. The reports are all over the place. This is why King Roger is stupid for insisting on holding the power to discipline. No matter what he does there's going to be people saying he's either too harsh or too lenient. He'd be much better off if they actually clearly wrote down what the rules and penalties actually are and have some independent arbiter deal with this kind of steaming mess.

According to adam schefter, talib could be in big trouble. Texas changed its laws as of Jan 1.

How is he not already in big trouble after attempting to break a guys neck in the Super Bowl?

talib-fines.png

#integrity #playersafety #mya$$

How does a bullet enter the upper thigh and exit the calf without going through the knee?

How does a bullet enter the upper thigh and exit the calf without going through the knee?
I think 4 holes one bullet.

If Talib is done for this season, the Pats have the best offense and defense in the AFC.

If you are sitting down...

He's a good corner but he's as dumb as a rock.

he's a powder keg ready to explode. in 2011 he was indicted for firing a gun at his sister's boyfriend. the DA just decided to drop the case, despite the police report saying he did it. isn't that attempted first or second degree murder?

they use those magic bullets down in TX

he's a powder keg ready to explode. in 2011 he was indicted for firing a gun at his sister's boyfriend. the DA just decided to drop the case, despite the police report saying he did it. isn't that attempted first or second degree murder?
There was more to it than that. The boyfriend had beat his sister or sexually assaulted her or something, and I think the story was that the victim was such a shady character that the DA didn't think the case was winnable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes